Skip to content

[MOD] The Power of Belief

13»

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    edited December 2019
    @nullset, I'm pretty sure that BitSet doesn't exist properly outside of PSTEE, hence why it probably just defaults to IncrementGlobal.

@jaklumen, and @Ezrah, I'll investigate possible solutions, but probably no ETA. I'm not sure why this is happening at all tbh.
  • nullsetnullset Member Posts: 38
    Not quite. Say I have a variable containing 7. A proper BitSet of 8 should return a variable of 15. What it does return is a variable of 8. Hence, my comment that it does not perform a bitwise operation, but instead replaces the value of the variable which would be a SetGlobal not an IncrementGlobal. Since Beamdog uses the same engine for PSTEE and BG2EE, I would assume that the action is the same for both. Wrong but consistent! I just went back to the IncrementGlobal as being the simplest way of effecting the proper change. I don't know if the problem is Beamdog or WeiDU.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    PSTEE actually does have several Actions that are exclusive to its engine (I'd assume a legacy of PST having several Actions similarly unique). I don't recall seeing BitSet documented for BG2EE, but I also haven't had any use for it outside of this mod, so maybe I'm incorrect about its implementation.