Skip to content

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea (Beamdog, GOG, Steam)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Eddster wrote: »
    Will Tyrants of the Moonsea also come to consoles?

No information at this time. Sorry.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Not yet. But I'm asking about it.

What did they say when you asked?
    edited December 2019
    Hmm... well, you don't bother to respond, don't bother to offer it on Beamdog.com after NWN was release on console, and didn't bother to release this in August like it should've been. I wish I hadn't bought the Digital Deluxe bundle from Beamdog.com at full price if this is how it was going to be.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited December 2019
    I hasn't got an answer yet. Sorry.
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Oh, Moonsea is available on Beamdog now?
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    On the first day of Christmas Beamdog did not give to me,
    A copy of Tyrants of Moonsea.
    themazingness
    Trixter wrote: »
    Oh, Moonsea is available on Beamdog now?

Nope
    Wow, if it's been played everywhere else, soon there won't be any interest in it.

Sad and bad mistake on Beamdog... unless there's something special about an upcoming version only available to Beamdog (an extra adventure, etc.)
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited December 2019
    I dedicate this song to the Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! being released on BD.

[edit]

Ooops! Didn't realise it would be embedded - thought it would just be a link. Cest la vie.

TR
    Prince_RaymondDerpCity
    edited December 2019
    Well, I ended up getting NWN:EE Digital Deluxe through GoG at 85% off and it included Tyrants of the Moonsea. It feels like that was a bit of a round about way to get it since I had to buy it on sale from another platform to get it at the same price, but I got it. I'm glad too. I think I'll just be buying from GoG from now on and never again from the Beamdog store because of this experience.
    I just checked on GOG and currently the DD is around £47 and Tyrants is £6.19 so where you got that discount is a mystery.

TR
    I just checked on GOG and currently the DD is around £47 and Tyrants is £6.19 so where you got that discount is a mystery.

TR

GoG sent the discount to people who are subscribed to their newsletter and own another Beamdog product. It offered 85% off all Beamdog games.
    Hello, everyone.

Unfortunately, TotM won't make it to Beamdog.com in 2019, we're sorry. We plan to make the module available in the Beamdog Client in early 2020.
    Hello, everyone.

Unfortunately, TotM won't make it to Beamdog.com in 2019, we're sorry. We plan to make the module available in the Beamdog Client in early 2020.

This is not how to be loyal to customers who were loyal to you.
    TarotRedhandDerpCity
    edited December 2019
    Well at least I don't have to call @TrentOster a grinch on twitter now but only because it would have no result. This delay is ridiculous. Steam in August, GOG a month later, BD whenever (i.e. 5 to 7 months later) for something that should only take 1 person between 1 and 5 hours to do.

TR
    themazingnessDerpCity
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Hello, everyone.

This is not how to be loyal to customers who were loyal to you.

From where I'm standing, @Beamdog is being very loyal to their customers and this is why: They have very recently released a string of incremental patches providing numerous fixes to their games following their release on multiple consoles. They are actually listening to their customers by focusing their efforts on fixing the content they already have out, rather than releasing new, potentially broken content. As @JuliusBorisov said before, patching games and fixing bugs takes money. Beamdog is still a relatively small company. They need to make all the money they can in order for their business to continue fixing bugs and patching their games for their customers. That was the whole point to the console releases. It gave them a new market to promote their business, so they could make more money to maintain working on bug fixes and patches. I hope this makes sense. At any rate, Mr. Borisov was loyal enough to let us know that TotM won't be released on Beamdog's site this year, and he apologized for it. A disloyal member of the gaming community would have probably told us all to Foxtrot Oscar by now. Sorry for the lengthy post. It wasn't what I intended. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited December 2019
    @Prince_Raymond

I don't blame Julius by any means. But you don't ask people to fund a game by buying the most expensive version on your website before you make updates to it then fail to release future content in a timely fashion to that platform. I saw that purchase as an investment in NWN.

There is no good reason not to release it in August when it should have been. Yeah, they're busy. I get it. But that is why you prioritize and clearly those who invested in them before it was even on GoG or Steam are not a priority.
    Post edited by themazingness on
    DerpCityJuliusBorisovMiraStastny
    If it is February when it finally gets released on BD's own page (remember Julius said early in 2020 so to me that says first 3 months of the year) then my guess is that the excessive delay will be down to the contract with stench (aka steam) because that will make it 6 months after initial release.

TR
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 61
    So is it true that I read both the Steam and GOG versions of TotM each might have different toolsets and/or music? If there are different "unique" characteristics between the two, perhaps Beamdog will include all content and maybe more for their loyal customers. One can hope. Hey guys, we are still waiting for the premium modules to be accessible in the toolset with scripts and all. In the end they did breath new life back into the greatest game (IMHO) ever created and as many others have said on these forums they are in the end relatively small compared to other big studios out there, and these people do have lives too. With patience comes rewards, lets give them a chance. Just my two cents for what it is worth.
    Prince_Raymond
    For all this wait, it is my hope that Beamdog, as the base of NWN, will have extra content in Moonsea only available to Beamdog version.

That might upset purchasers from other sites, but how can we make this perfect?
    Trixter wrote: »
    For all this wait, it is my hope that Beamdog, as the base of NWN, will have extra content in Moonsea only available to Beamdog version.

That might upset purchasers from other sites, but how can we make this perfect?

Oh please don't. That'd make me even more annoyed it took this long, and that I gave up and got it on GoG instead when I didn't even have NWN:EE on GoG in the first place. And I know I'm not the only one who gave up waiting.

Just getting it on the website and doing a better job coordinating in future releases would be enough.
    DerpCityPrince_Raymond
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Oh please don't.
    Pretty much, doing storefront exclusive deals is not the way to go. Not now and not in the future as well. Such publisher moves had soured whole gaming communities before. And for good reason, I might add.

For any future Ossian Premium Modules sake: hold of their releases until *all* storefronts and platforms have it simultaneously ready for launch. It makes a world of difference in the eyes of consumer. It really does.
    themazingnessDoubledimasDerpCityPrince_Raymond
    edited December 2019
    Oh please don't.
    Pretty much, doing storefront exclusive deals is not the way to go. Not now and not in the future as well. Such publisher moves had soured whole gaming communities before. And for good reason, I might add.

For any future Ossian Premium Modules sake: hold of their releases until *all* storefronts and platforms have it simultaneously ready for launch. It makes a world of difference in the eyes of consumer. It really does.

Exactly. Having some exclusives would be even more divisive. I can imagine a pitch meeting for it:

"What do we do to make people feel better that they didn't have the same content available to them?"

"When we finally release it, add content to it that will make people feel mad that they didn't get it. That way everybody's upset! Equality!"

(I'm saying this in good fun by the way. It's only to point out the flaw with the idea).
    KamigoroshiPrince_Raymond
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 61
    So correct me if I am wrong. But I thought this was the case between Steam and GOG versions. That each version had its own special tileset and unique extras making them different in a way. At least that is what I thought I read.
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    Just to make sure, this is specifically for the ENHANCED EDITION of Neverwinter Nights and does not work with the original, right?
    edited December 2019
    Ghamarro wrote: »
    Just to make sure, this is specifically for the ENHANCED EDITION of Neverwinter Nights and does not work with the original, right?

It's DLC for the Enhanced Edition, so you wouldn't be able to buy it separately. It may or may not work in the original version, though I imagine it wouldn't.

The original version was a cancelled premium module made available for free here. It will work with the original if you have the expansions and are patched to 1.69. It is a complete module, but not the paid one that has much more work done to it.
    Prince_Raymond
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    will this make it's way to the console versions?
    H0RSE wrote: »
    will this make it's way to the console versions?

No information at this time. As it stands, it's unavailable on console.
    Any update for the Beamdog version? We're hitting the end of January here.
    DerpCitySertoriusLiamChgo
    It would appear that Beamdog saw it's shadow and is hiding for another 6 weeks.
    LiamChgo