Skip to content

Beamdog Client update - Support for physical copies and the EE Giveaway (Contest)

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Exciting news!

Patch 3.1 for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is coming soon! To prepare, the Beamdog team has just updated the Beamdog Client with a few new, exciting features. Read the details on our blog:

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/05/beamdog-client-update-physical-enhanced.html

You've been waiting for it for so long! Now, the wait is over.

To celebrate the new Beamdog Client feature allowing physical Enhanced Edition updates, we’re giving away a few boxed copies of the Enhanced Editions.

Tell us in five words how you start your roleplaying adventure (in Baldur's Gate, in Icewind Dale, in Planescape: Torment - it doesn't matter, tell about one game, about each of them, or even about D&D - you decide). Include a .gif or picture for bonus points! We’ll pick one favorite on May 18 around 1pm PDT to receive their choice of one of these boxed Enhanced Editions!

Make sure to also enter on Twitter and Facebook to min/max your chances of winning!

To participate in the contest, you can post as many times as you want.

Game on!
HurricaneAedanelminstermlneveserede9DoubledimasAndreaColombohook71lefreutlolienronaldororikon[Deleted User]ThacoBellkanisathakaguana

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    SO COOL!
    JuliusBorisov
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited May 2017
    Will the client autoupdate? It's not notifying me of any available update.

Nevermind... It's now updating :)
    rede9JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Awesome to see there's now a solution for the people with physical copies! Well done Beamdog :)
    JuliusBorisovAedanmlnevese
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Twitter and Facebook contests are well under way, while here we have only 1 entry. Come on, forum users, you can do that!
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Watch all the Youtube videos

JuliusBorisov
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited May 2017
    I create a Ben Browder

Later I roll Scott Bakula

Then I make them fight
    Post edited by spacejaws on
    JuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited May 2017
    Tectuktitlay is the son of a kank!

wait that's seven words shit
  • SenSayNyuSenSayNyu Member Posts: 20
    Three month absence. No regrets.

lolienMontresor_SPJuliusBorisovspacejaws
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @lalolalo9 Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your story and good luck in the draw :smiley:
    lolienHurricaneGusinda
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Conceive backstory and personality, roll.
    JuliusBorisov
    9 hours to go!
    lolien
    Ok, the contest is over. Good luck to the participants in the draw! I'll return with the winner tomorrow.
    lalolalo9lolienprocco
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    It seems i'm a bit late.
    Anyway:

"Wands, i just love them!"

lalolalo9JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited May 2017

We’ll pick one favorite on May 18 around 1pm PDT to receive their choice of one of these boxed Enhanced Editions!

one--- their? How many winners are allowed?

Congratulations on winning the five words contest, @lalolalo9.

The team of Beamdog has been touched to hear your story.
    rede9 said:

We’ll pick one favorite on May 18 around 1pm PDT to receive their choice of one of these boxed Enhanced Editions!

one--- their? How many winners are allowed?

"their" is used in a respectful way.
  • lalolalo9lalolalo9 Member Posts: 3

Congratulations on winning the five words contest, @lalolalo9.

The team of Beamdog has been touched to hear your story.

Happy to hear that. Don't worry it will get a nice place in my collection :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Congratulations to @lalolalo9 and to the other winners on Facebook and Twitter!
    JuliusBorisovGusindalalolalo9themazingness
  • stu-kstu-k Member Posts: 30
    I know I'm a bit late but here goes anyhow. I play D&D with some old-time gamers with first edition handbooks, etc, played in Lake Geneva in the 70s. . . When we start a new game/character/adventure I also create that character in BG with the same stats & see how it goes. I learn something with both games.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • stu-kstu-k Member Posts: 30
    oops, missed the 5 words
    lolienJuliusBorisovrede9
    @JuliusBorisov
    Images at this link are gone. Any chance to restore them?
    (This topic is still alive - today I received a request from an Italian player asking how to update his BG2EE retail game).
    It's impossible to restore those images, sadly.

Log onto the Beamdog Client and use the “Redeem Physical Copy” button on the game page to get started. Once done, games added to your Beamdog account in this way can be downloaded and updated through the Beamdog Client on any supported platform.
    Thanks for the reply - I know how to update the retail games; it is just that the images help a lot players who do not speak English.
    JuliusBorisov