"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Gate70 Sad. :'(
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Good luck, @Gate70 !
    StummvonBordwehrGrond0CrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Well done @Gate70. I always knew Blaggerd had it in him to rise to power on a mountain of skulls. >:)
    CrevsDaakArvia
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    Gratz Gate70 and go Wilson... its nice to see him getting a run
    CrevsDaak
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Congratulations! That's the first entry since September or so, correct?
    CrevsDaak
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    Congratulations @Gate70 - Well deserved victory. It's been a while :smile:
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldArviaStummvonBordwehr
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    @Grond0 , I noticed much earlier on, when discussing BGI, you talk about killing Elminster (multiple times). I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do this. Any advice?

Today, Dozier the barbarian died in the sewers beneath Athkatla, a freaking goblin cast “hold person” and I thought rage was up but I was wrong.
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrMantis37
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @klorox I think you need to kill him pretty quickly to prevent him casting a cowkill spell and disappearing. I rarely attack him, but I have noted his vulnerability to thief traps - I think 7 of those have a pretty high chance of finishing him off. Set those out of his sight, show yourself to prompt him to walk towards them and fire missiles at him ...

Standard magic attacks won't get through his magic resistance, but it should be possible to surround him invisibly and launch a melee assault - I've not tried that though and am not sure how easy it is to hit him.
    KloroxStummvonBordwehrAerakar
    Grond0 wrote: »
    @klorox I think you need to kill him pretty quickly to prevent him casting a cowkill spell and disappearing. I rarely attack him, but I have noted his vulnerability to thief traps - I think 7 of those have a pretty high chance of finishing him off. Set those out of his sight, show yourself to prompt him to walk towards them and fire missiles at him ...

Standard magic attacks won't get through his magic resistance, but it should be possible to surround him invisibly and launch a melee assault - I've not tried that though and am not sure how easy it is to hit him.
    Thank you so much @Grond0

Last question: how do you take out Drizzt in BGI so easily?
    Also, like you, I want to do this solo. I’ve made it to the underdark with a barbarian a while back, but I’m just getting back into the game.
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrAerakarCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited January 2020
    Klorox wrote: »
    Grond0 wrote: »
    @klorox

Last question: how do you take out Drizzt in BGI so easily?

I don't know if it is still possible but you used to be able to lure him to the lakeside with summons and then use ranged weapons from the other side of the lake. It took a long time, but you didn't get injured at all.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if that tactic is no longer possible. Devs always seemed to be trying to eliminate tactics that had an unwanted effect as far as they were concerned. Since I usually play good characters, I'm not in the habit of even trying to kill him, so I haven't tested it for years.

Welcome back to the fora by the way. Your contributions have been missed.
    KloroxStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak