Skip to content

Introducing the NWN:EE Development branch

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Proleric wrote: »
    In the latest Development build, the toolset About info still says something line “Game Version 1.79 Toolset vfs78” - is that by design? It seems the same as Retail but the patch notes say the toolset has been updated?

I think that's just misnamed.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Good to see a high rate on the patches coming out now. I hope this merchant crash gets fixed in the next patch, am I the only person getting this repeating problem?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    Moved this post to its own thread...
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Old_Gith
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited January 2020
    Greetings. After updating both the Retail and Development branches to their respected latest versions, the Beamdog Client still gives me the "An update is available for this game" notification. Is this a glitch within the client, or could it be hinting towards a future update coming down the pipe? Anyone else experiencing this? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming (and New Year) to all.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited January 2020
    Not experiencing that on my end. What happens if you just go ahead and click to update? As I remember there were a number of hot-fixes to the retail version such that it is now 2 or 3 versions ahead of the development version.

TR
  • Not experiencing that on my end. What happens if you just go ahead and click to update? As I remember there were a number of hot-fixes to the retail version such that it is now 2 or 3 versions ahead of the development version.

TR

On Steam, stable is 8193.5 and dev is 8193.5 - so it appears they are all caught up.
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    Pstemarie wrote: »
    Not experiencing that on my end. What happens if you just go ahead and click to update? As I remember there were a number of hot-fixes to the retail version such that it is now 2 or 3 versions ahead of the development version.

TR

On Steam, stable is 8193.5 and dev is 8193.5 - so it appears they are all caught up.

The development branch on steam is 8193.3
    edited January 2020
    @TarotRedhand I would have already clicked to update if it weren't for the fact that there currently is no yellow "Update" button where it should be. After checking both branches post-update, The Development branch is still 79.8193.3 while the Retail branch is 79.8193.5. However, the Beamdog Client is still giving me the blue sphere indicating that an update is available for NWN:EE.

Edit: I just figured out why. After clicking the drop-down window in the Beamdog Client and selecting the "Wyvern Crown of Cormyr" DLC, I saw the "Update" button at the top of the prompt. Same thing with "Infinite Dungeons" and "Pirates of the Sword Coast". All 3 DLC's had updates available for them which I promptly had the client download and install. No more little blue sphere of notification. Still, it's much safer than the dreaded Sphere of Annihilation. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    TarotRedhandJuliusBorisov
    Thanks for that. I didn't notice it before you mentioned it. Updated my copies of those DLC now. Just wish they had announced it at the time. Was this an oversight @JuliusBorisov ?
    Prince_RaymondJuliusBorisov
  • Daz wrote: »

TR

Maybe you should check again...

ny4kpuv5obc1.jpg

Prince_Raymond
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    Daz wrote: »

TR

Maybe you should check again...

ny4kpuv5obc1.jpg

No. The branch called "development" on steam is on 8193.3. You know, this one:

EJ7mNFp.png
    Prince_Raymond
  • That's odd then. Why would they have a Beta8193.5 which can switch freely with Stable (i.e. no files are changed) AND a lower level Dev branch?
    It's down to the hot-fixes BD issued to the stable/retail release.

TR
    Thanks for that. I didn't notice it before you mentioned it. Updated my copies of those DLC now. Just wish they had announced it at the time. Was this an oversight @JuliusBorisov ?

Most likely. I bet it was all related to that Deluxe "unbundling" in 2018.
    @JuliusBorisov is there a list of the fixes for those DLC anywhere?

TR
    Well, the DLC were updated during the post-8193 update period to stop crashes. But I think Prince_Raymond 's issues dated back to the Deluxe "unbundling" event.
    @JuliusBorisov I believe it was because of the updates to the DLC to stop crashes. I moved from South to Central Florida in late September/early October of last year, and I have not been able to use my computer until after the new year. I'm all caught up for now, but there seems to be another issue with my copy of the Beamdog Client similar to what other users have already reported on Redmine. Whenever I try to uninstall either the Development or Retail branches of NWN:EE, there is a message prompt informing me that "An internal error has occurred. If you notice repeated issues, please contact Beamdog support." I was able to update and verify both branches through the client, so the fact that I am unable to uninstall them through the client perplexes me. To add to the confusion, I was able to uninstall and reinstall my copies of the DLC applicable to both branches of NWN:EE through the Beamdog Client with no issues. Hopefully, that report had been copied over to your new internal tracking database. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2020
    With the latest dev build *.6, on my mac, the game freezes on a black screen before the main menu comes up if I start via the Beamdog client. However when i start via the steam client on the same mac all is well. BTW, I have the intro movies turned off in case that is related but i tried turning them back on and still no luck - in fact turning them back on failed. i even used a text editor to turn on the splash screen and intro movies, no luck getting the game to start - it is freezing before anything becomes visisble.
    dunahan
    edited January 2020
    @JuliusBorisov What update? I'm on the BD client and there is no update for either retail or dev. showing. I checked my version number for the dev build and it is still *.3. Is this yet another case of steam getting preference?

TR
    As I understand, the patch was deployed late yesterday. I'll follow up on the Beamdog update.
    The update is available in the Beamdog Client.
    @JuliusBorisov Got it. Interesting. The opening movie (including the Lord Gnasher backstory) does not play correctly, being just flashing coloured squares.

TR
    Well, as we say in the notes, we’re expecting there to be some outstanding bugs in this build.

Please report them at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals.
    edited June 2022
    "Customize weapons-related feats in baseitems.2da."

WeaponOfChoiceFeat

Angels sang in a chorus
    When from Heaven above
    Descended Chuck Norris
    He declared openly
    In an echoing voice
    Unarmed Strike is worthy
    To be a Weapon of Choice

@JuliusBorisov Please say it is possible now, or that it is closer to being possible. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    edited February 2020
    Let's guess - stench (aka steam) gets it first then the BD client has to wait for hours before you deign to make it available to your original customers.

[edit] Downloading it now. For a patch, this one is huge at 1.67 gig.

[edit 2] I wouldn't say it's a slow download but it was just overtaken by an arthritic snail reversing. It even stalled on reaching 1.33 gb remaining. Closing and reopening the BD client got it going again.

TR
    Post edited by TarotRedhand on
    dunahan
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited February 2020

@JuliusBorisov
    OMG thank you, thank you, thank you for this one!
    *A crash in chargen when adding more lines to skills.2da has been fixed.
    This has been bugging me for my HR base for years and I even reported it and they could not find it, I was going re-report it. I just finished testing it and no crash. Thank whoever fixed this one! :smiley:
    DoubledimasJuliusBorisovJFK
  • LogidoggyLogidoggy Member Posts: 2
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with the 8193.7 update causing them to drop party in Persistent World when they transition to new areas?