Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    edited October 2019
    @Etamin Wrong thread, don't use BG1NPC thread for discussion about install order, please edit you post and replay the list at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77155/help-with-eet-install-order
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    There is an issue I just ran into. After killing Dynaheir with Edwin in the group, the dialogue which is firing is about Red Wizard supremacy instead of thanking for the deed. So the quest remains forever stuck as unfinished, no xp and journal update. All other ways of dealing with her result in normal quest progression.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Another question: are the text errors on xzar done on purpose? I did his personal quest time ago and I seem to remember to have been surprised by the errors on the text. But I may remember wrongly
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    What text errors?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    I will publish them as soon as I got a chance. I m not in front of computer now. Hopefully I just had played an old versiom
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @ArthasII I agree with @Shin ,I like the extra content so always choose SixofSpades extended version. The more learned about Saervok the better, story wise.
    Shin[Deleted User]
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i tend to prefer the expanded version. kinda remains me of a mod for yoshimo which also adds a diary that goes more into why he did what he did [ i wanna say thats from the romance mod.]
    [Deleted User]
  • thebeaglebeaglethebeaglebeagle Member Posts: 13
    Hello-- any advice on how to install this mod for macOS? I copied the files into Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app⁩ ▸ ⁨Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Resources⁩, and then attempted to run setup-bg1npc.command using the Terminal app. The terminal opens and displays:

/Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources/setup-bg1npc ; exit;
    [/Applications/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/Resources/setup-bg1npc] WeiDU version 24200

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

Whoops! I wasn't running the .command. When I do, it attempts to install and hums along... and then it produces this error:

...(SUCCESSFUL Copying)...
    Copying 1 file ...
    ERROR: COPY ~bg1npc/Core/X#component.xx~ ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~ FAILED: cannot open target
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 257 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.

...And then restores everything.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    It's not that great. In fact the actual romance is very short if you can call it that.
    For any macOS users having trouble installing this mod, I did it by moving the application. I wrote up my experience here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77940/how-to-install-mods-portraits-and-sound-sets-for-macos-bgee-purchased-from-app-store/

Awesome mod! Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Aaeightmegamike15
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i'm pretty sure the expanded diary has nothing to do with whatever ub adds. it's all new text.
    [Deleted User]
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @ArthasII It explains why it ends, certainly if you play a good character. I don't know for sure what happens if you are evil though I believe that the romance never starts.
    [Deleted User]
  • WARZARDWARZARD Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I've been here.

When it comes to the NPC Project, has there been any new, updated ones for Enhanced Edition that include additional banter from the new NPCs from Enhanced Edition?

I understand that they have a lot of dialogue that interact with Gorion's Ward. But what I was hoping for was for banter that goes back and forth with their fellow NPCs just as hearing Dorn interact with Minsc or Shar-Teel. Or having Ajantis & Kivian interacting with Rasaad. Or Baleoth & Visconia have a banter together over their drow heritage or Edwin as a fellow magical madman.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
    edited January 2020
    @WARZARD The BG1NPC Project is for the BioWare NPCs only, and was closed content-wise (long before the EEs came out).
    If someone writes it up, such a banter mod could be easily made an own mod, though.
    EDIT: Who already got a lot of love is Neera, if you look at the mod list there is banter as well as PC dialogue mods.
    AerakarWise_Grimwald
    Arthas wrote: »
    I will publish them as soon as I got a chance. I m not in front of computer now. Hopefully I just had played an old versiom

@ArthasII assuming that was you, do you have a screenshot of text erors in Xzar's quest dialogue?
    @ArthasII thanks nontheless. There were other reported symbols, maybe it's a general problem with text format. I do have reports from elsewhere that GitHub transformed texts into utf8, which would be not good for modding where they should be in ANSI.
    Whilst I love this mod and wouldn't play without it, the use of strings used elsewhere does detract from it slightly. For example Mendas in Candlekeep using exactly the same dialogue as is used elsewhere in the game is slightly immersion breaking. I don't know if it takes a lot of work to alter such things, but changing the dialogue slightly so that it differs would make a big difference IMO.

Late follow-up: Mendas in Candlekep is not introduced by BG1NPC.
    ThacoBell
    edited January 2020
    Thels wrote: »
    Dynaheir Romance
    I didn't get any interaction whatsoever from Dynaheir after killing Winski, either... I think she's supposed to say something, and you should get a few items when Dynaheir is in the party, but I saw none of that myself, either.
    @Thels Do you still remember whether the Dynaheir-Winski encounter in the maze worked as planned for you, i.e. whether
    The Tanar'ri turned against Winski first and killed him?

ALIEN wrote: »
    @AstroBryGuy Does 'The BG1NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment' really needs PID component to be reinstalled?
    BEGIN @1094 DESIGNATED 120
    	GROUP @1065 /* The BG1 NPC Project: Tweaks */
      REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~bg1npc/bg1npc.tp2~ 0 @1004 /* BG1 NPC Required Changes component is not installed. */

/* makes sure PIDs go last */
      UNINSTALL ~bg1npc.tp2~ 200
    	INCLUDE ~bg1npc/tweaks/bardrep/bg1npc_bardrep.tpa~

@ALIEN Currently yes, as it also adds dialogues triggered by NPCs (Ajantis for example) which need to go before the PID dialogue.
    Is this a problem for PI in any case or why were you asking?
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @jastey No, it's not a problem for PI. I asked because I saw some opportunities for improvements to how BG1NPC handle components structure. with Astro being MIA, those cosmetic things can wait.
    @ALIEN I will do a bugfix update but restructuring was not on my plan. Feel free to open an Issue at GitHub if you do not want the idea to get lost.