Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @ALIEN Thankee. BWS was so prominently mentioned so many times I thought it was still considered current enough to matter. I understand PI is newer.
  • RolandoArnimanRolandoArniman Member Posts: 17
    I apologize if this was asked before but I couldn't find anything with the search function. How does the BG2 stronghold mechanic work the multiclass? Let's say I play a Fighter/Mage Bard. Do I get to control the Keep and Planar Sphere or Five Flagons Inn?
  • SumSineRegnoSumSineRegno Member Posts: 25
    edited January 2020
    I think I found an incompatibility. That any mod that modifies how spellbooks work, or at least the Kilivitz's Classic Spellbooks option for EEUI tweaks does. Seems to me that the mod crashes whenever you have it installed and use the option to choose feats.

Just reporting it, so that other users know that there might be a problem.
    Post edited by SumSineRegno on
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited January 2020
    I apologize if this was asked before but I couldn't find anything with the search function. How does the BG2 stronghold mechanic work the multiclass? Let's say I play a Fighter/Mage Bard. Do I get to control the Keep and Planar Sphere or Five Flagons Inn?
    If it hasn't changed with EE, I think the first one you go to, is the one that you get. However, there are mods that change this so that you can get both. They are Multiple Strongholds component of the Ease-of-Use, or the BG2 Tweak Pack mods. There is also NPC Strongholds mod. They are not mutually compatible.
    RolandoArniman
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StummvonBordwehrRolandoArnimanWise_Grimwald
  • IzendrilIzendril Member Posts: 9
    Hello.

First of all, excellent work with this mod.
    I tried several variants of the classes, all are fine.

I recently rolled a Meistersinger (as a bard kit, not the mutliclass bard), and spell progression seems off. For example, no spell gained at 3rd level while the bard spell progression is fixed by your mod.

Any insight?

Cheers
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Old mod version? To my knowledge, all the bard kits (and the bard itself) are multiclass kits with the current version of this mod.
    Not of you skip the mutliclass bard part
    I wasn't aware that the single class ones were still included. I wonder if they still get updated, or if the old bugs are still present with them.
    I don't know. I really like the meistersinger concept and the old kit but was happy with it being a single class bard kit.
    Will check and let you know. And subtledoctor... I'm a big fan of your work
    But just to be sure.... We're talking about the single class bard kit right?
    And also, I'm not sure my message was clear.

I rolled and leveled a Meistersinger (single bard kit) up to level 4. I only had 1 first level spell and 1 Second level spell, while I should have an extra 1st level spell slot.

Didn't look further, just used Eekeeper to fix it, but.... Meh.
    All done. All the files exist. Will try to create a bard and give him 10000 xp to see how this goes spellwise.
    OK. Works fine for some reason now. Maybe some conflict with other content. Just to let you know, only installed the meistersinger kit from MnG for this.
    @subtledoctor "What old bugs...??"

Old as in, "Already been fixed." I just didn't know there were single class versions of these kits. I was just speculating if they had been maintained the same as the multiclass ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArjukKagrimArjukKagrim Member Posts: 44
    @subtledoctor
    First thanks for the great kits!
    I could install previous versions of M&G but currently I get the following error:

ERROR: Failure("Unknown macro: d5_spont_option")
    Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards (Might and Guile) was not installed due to errors.
    ArjukKagrim
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    So, subtledoctor deleted ?
    He made no secret of the fact that he didn't like this forum. Perhaps he has left of his own volition.
    ThacoBell
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    It is a large set back for the modding community. He had many discussions and tips about weidu scripting.
    ThacoBellAciferWise_Grimwald
    IF he's been banned for something he's said, it could be a case of cutting of your nose to spite your face.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2020
    Subtledoctor asked to be deleted under General Data Protection Regulation. He hasn't been banned. A few of his weidu scripting posts now belong to @System and thus are preserved (in the appropriate same thread in General Modding).
    ThacoBellDanacmStummvonBordwehr
    I didn't think he'd banned. He always seemed to be the kind who would just leave, rather than make a scene.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    Does it make a ton of sense for mod threads created by subtledoctor to be open anymore? I mean, you can no longer download or even get basic information about his mods on this website because all of his posts have been deleted. To me, it seems like this thread and any mod-related thread he created in the past should just be closed, since you won't be able to accurately comment and/or get help with his mods from the creator directly.

I didn't even know he left until today, when I was checking around these forums after about a three year hiatus. So just in case you're like me and wondered if he left modding or website posting in general, I found out he still posts on The Gibberlings Three forums (https://www.gibberlings3.net/). Which is a site I never really went to that much in the past, but have now bookmarked.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    No reason to delete the posts of others just because the original poster left. There is still useful information buried within the thread.
    Wise_GrimwaldStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    You can Google his mods and add github to it. You will find the download locations.