Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

1101112131416»

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Looks to me as if they’re incompatible. They do similar, overlapping things.

@subtledoctor : this is my EE version (a substantially enhanced version, to be sure) of a component that was in SCS at least as far back as the late 2000s, and possibly since its launch 13 years ago.
  • chimpchimp Member Posts: 2
    Stormfin wrote: »
    Hello @subtledoctor, I'm getting this error. It's clearly something my end as normally this mod installs fine. Any ideas?

Cheers

Update: It would appear to be a problem related to tnb .8.37, as I've gone back to .35 and it installs fine.

Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [npc_ee/spl/d5_sckt.spl] loaded, 298 bytes
    ERROR: cannot convert new_profs_state or %new_profs_state% to an integer
    ERROR: [npc_ee/spl/d5_sckt.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [NPC kit choices], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [npc_ee/backup/2000/OTHER.2000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "npc_ee/backup/2000/OTHER.2000")
    [npc_ee/backup/2000/UNSETSTR.2000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 35 files for [NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2] component 2000.
    Restoring backed-up [npc_ee/backup/2000/d5dfile1.txt]
    npc_ee/backup/2000/d5dfile1.txt copied to npc_ee/class/fi/d5dfile1.txt, 2 bytes

I also have this error. Anyway to fix this, besides rolling back to .35?
  • shylamanshylaman Member Posts: 173
    @subtledoctor does the mod only work for NPCs? I just started a new game with a dwarven fighter/thief and thought I'd have a bit of fun giving him a bounty hunter kit. I didn't see a special ability for my PC though.
  • WenedWened Member Posts: 13
    Hi. I installed this on BG1 EE using the EET installer. I get the "change kit ability" but not the "proficiency asignment ability". I do not use any other mod that touches proficiencies. Any idea what might be wrong? Also. How to disable "proficiency wipe" in .ini?
  • AgilisAgilis Member Posts: 13
    Anyone ever use this mod along with rogue rebalancing mod? I wonder if I use this mod to change an NPC to a mage/swashbuckler, would it use fighter THACO progression as intended by rogue rebalancing?
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    You should head over to Gibberlings Three and ask there. The author of this mod is on that forum.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Agilis
    To my present understanding, NPC_EE uses the full kit stats of whatever kit you choose.
    edited July 2023
    @Endarire
    Yes, that is how this mod generally works. However, I ran into a few quirks while I was using this mod before (without rogue rebalancing). For example, my mage/swashbuckler could not put more than one point into dual wielding or thief melee weapon despite the fact that swashbuckler should be able to. Not sure if these are mod limitation or my mod installation is just messed up.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited July 2023
    That's vanilla game mechanics, actually. The table for how many proficiencies each class/kit can take (WEAPPROF.2DA) has columns for each kit and each multiclass ... and when you're a multiclass with a kit, the column for the multiclass is what's used.
    Backstabs and thief skill progressions work similarly, with the multiclass values taking priority over the kit values. None of the standard thief kits actually work properly as part of a multiclass. The swashbuckler is particularly bad, as it loses its primary drawback; a multiclass swashbuckler/X can backstab exactly as a normal thief/X, except better because of the kit's attack and damage bonus.
    Post edited by jmerry on
    @jmerry Thanks for clarification. That makes a lot of sense. Do you happened to have experience using rogue rebalancing? I wonder if swashbuckler THACO progression table will be properly implemented for mage/swashbuckler.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    No, I don't. I have no idea how that kit feature is implemented, or how it would interact with being part of a multiclass.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Do yourself a favour and look for the same author's mods Scales of Balance and Might&Guile. :-)