Skip to content

[MOD] More Style for Mages (v1.56)

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Raduziel Sure but there must be a session first :wink:
    Raduziel
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    Yeah, I'm desperatly slow with these things and won't have time till the end of the week. But monday should be good.
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @Pecca Hi! Fixed.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    Quick question, is it correct/intended that the Cat familiar has no attack animation? Tbh honest might be an issue with the original game, just wondering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Grammarsalad
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    @subtledoctor Actually there is a version with the staff of the magi since I asked for it and Pecca was kind enough to oblige.
    But with the same range attack as the others (Mordenkainen force missiles would be cool!)
    @Saigon1983 Thanks! New version is released with updated russian translation. Also the github repository is fixed and works properly now.
    Raduziel
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Heya! Thanks for a great mod @Pecca . Any plans on extending the familiar tweaks to allow for a more, well, *nice" relationship between evil CHARNAME and their lil' pet? In my mind, an evil familiar (e.g. imp) should be nasty to everyone BUT his evil momma or daddy, right?

The fact that you can get no affection at all from your evil familiar has disturbed me for years. All villains have a loyal pet, that is common knowledge!
    GrammarsaladIsewein
    @Fina92 Hi, I have no plans to extend this mod, but it is a nice idea. If anyone would like to extend the familiar component with more dialogue, they are most welcome to.
    Grammarsalad
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    Hi @Pecca been using your mods in the past and now I'm re playing again... not sure if this has been adressed before but the dialogues and abilities of my familiar have been replaced with lines of dialogue as seen below:

jcxmpumspg0v.png

Things to consider:
    • Did a fresh install of BGEE+SoD with no other mods OTHER than your UI + MSFM mods.
    • Using latest versions of both your mods and game (v2.5)
    • Other than the dialogue replacement there are no other issues to note so far.

Any clues?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited June 2019
    Hi @Vanhardisk, although I am not the author, just a quick question/observation...

Prior to installing the mods, did you use modmerge to allow BG1EE/SOD to be modded? If you purchased the games from Steam/GoG, then you need to apply modmerge to 'unpack' SOD and include it in the modding environment. Without it, you will end up with errors.

Hope that helps
    Gus

Edit: fixed URL
    lolien
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Gusinda @Vanhardisk Forget about modmerge, use this tool: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71305/mod-dlc-merger-merge-steam-gog-sod-dlc-or-custom-dlcs-with-the-main-game
    Easier installation, ability to detect it via weidu.log debbug info etc
    GusindalolienIsewein
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @ALIEN, thanks for that. I knew it there was something else but it would come up in my search (and knowing the name to search for would have helped me as well). Old school, started with Modmerge so it is still there... Downloaded the DLC merger and will give it a whirl.

Gus
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2019
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @Vanhardisk, although I am not the author, just a quick question/observation...

Prior to installing the mods, did you use modmerge to allow BG1EE/SOD to be modded? If you purchased the games from Steam/GoG, then you need to apply modmerge to 'unpack' SOD and include it in the modding environment. Without it, you will end up with errors.

Hope that helps
    Gus

Edit: fixed URL

I did.
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @Gusinda @Vanhardisk Forget about modmerge, use this tool: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71305/mod-dlc-merger-merge-steam-gog-sod-dlc-or-custom-dlcs-with-the-main-game
    Easier installation, ability to detect it via weidu.log debbug info etc

Tried it, didn't change anything.

The solution was to reinstall the mod without using a custom name, just the generic one and that was it. Now Isane and I are going to thrash the Sword Coast if you excuse me.
    Post edited by Vanhardisk on
    GusindalolienIsewein
  • Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 43
    trying to install this mod in BG2:EE. I am getting this error on install.... any thoughts?

1baa72ejrsig.png

Not sure really. There should be msfm\tra\english.tra file inside the game folder, where these strings are defined. Look if you have it.
    edited July 2019
    Yeah it's there inside the tra folder.

Forgive my ignorance, but the other mods I have installed have an English tra folder with a few different files, not just one file. Is that missing, or does this mod just have a file and not a folder for the various languages?

Thanks
    Post edited by Gabeg21 on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Pecca wrote: »
    Not sure really. There should be msfm\tra\english.tra file inside the game folder, where these strings are defined. Look if you have it.

@Pecca Are you positive that the tp2 is being directed to the right .tra folder?

@Gabeg21 Are you installing the mod using the same language that your game is using?
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Pecca wrote: »

@Pecca Are you positive that the tp2 is being directed to the right .tra folder?

@Gabeg21 Are you installing the mod using the same language that your game is using?

I am. English for both.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    try re-extracting the mod. Just did a test install on a clean bg2ee install and everything worked fine.
    southfla79 wrote: »
    try re-extracting the mod. Just did a test install on a clean bg2ee install and everything worked fine.

I deleted the mod and all related files. Re-downloaded and extracted files. Same issue.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited October 2019
    For me this mod doesn't install with EET. When i put it after ETT i got massage that installation was completed, but don't see any changes in BG:EE part of the game (no new items or robes tweaks). Only items to the Gerlana shop were added. I even tried putting it before EET, but then i got error. I heard it should install, but without familiar changes (@Pecca, do you plan to update it one day?).

EDIT: To make this mod works properly with EET, you have to edit msfm.tra file. In every line "ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ THEN BEGIN" add "eet" next to "bgee". So it should looks like that: "ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee eet~ THEN BEGIN".
    Post edited by Etamin on
    Isewein
    @Etamin thanks, I will update it. Or if you want and if you use github you can update it and send me a pull request.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    @Pecca, sorry but i don't know how to pull request in github. Here is my fixed msfm.tp2 file: https://easyupload.io/mjmi3d
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Pecca
    How compatible is your mod with @subtledoctor 's Tome & Blood mod?
  • GloomyGloomy Member Posts: 1
    Gonna go ahead and put in my petition for EET compatibility as well, especially for the familiars. I can't really speak to how complex that would be or anything, I just know that I wanna be able to explore Faerun with a floating skull companion.
    edited September 2020
    @Pecca
    Greetings again!

We're checking in again to determine how EET compatible this mod is. (I think it's compatible, but we like the official verdict!) This page explains how to convert EE-compatible mods to EET.

Also, what are your thoughts on making a formal teleport spell since you sorta did it here? This is a Google Doc I made which thoroughly explains the pseudocode and what would likely be involved in a teleport spell for EET.

Thankee again for this mod!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I haven't had any problem with it in EET, but the +1 mage staves don't get added to High Hedge's store. Everything else works fine.
    @Flashburn
    What components did you install? Did you install the Familiar components?
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Familiar components are not compatible with eet since, iirc, eet sets them up differently