Skip to content

Dark Dreams of Furiae - launched on Steam, GOG, Beamdog

2»

Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited March 2020

Thank you so much for listening and launching simultaneously across the PC platforms! I hope this continues.

Also, this is great timing. Because of social distancing I've just finished one RPG and almost done with another. I have plenty of backlog to get through, but I'm excited for this to be my next. I've been waiting a long time for official Planescape content.
    JuliusBorisovXorina
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    And.... ordered :)
    themazingnessJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    aarionn wrote: »
    And.... ordered :)

Same here!
    aarionnJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2020
    @JuliusBorisov Will there be a soundtrack available at some point? In FLAC format?
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Are there item/level restrictions?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Having been a detractor over the length of time it took to get Tyrants of Moonsea onto the BD client can I just say a genuine congratulations to all concerned and thank you for releasing this simultaneously across all three platforms.

TR
    JuliusBorisovthemazingnessDerpCityPrince_Raymond
    @JuliusBorisov Will there be a soundtrack available at some point? In FLAC format?

No, a soundtrack as a separate product is not planned.
    Trixter wrote: »
    Are there item/level restrictions?

The module takes characters from level 5 to level 8.
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Just started it as I'll master Descent Into Avernus as soon as the covid crisis is gone at my club. I must say I am impressed by the writing. Playing a wizard gumshoe from the outlands called "Harold Skinner" who is unaffiliated to either the rebels or the guards.
    JuliusBorisovaarionn
    I hate to say this, but this is the worst RPG I've ever seen. And that's saying something because I was excited for some Planescape. I don't mean this as bashing. It's just buggy and poorly designed. The reviews on Steam say it all pretty well. And I'm fine with the high role-play, low combat design. The trouble isn't the writing either. It was done well enough. The problems are the bugs, the day cycle design being too forced, companions not having much purpose (at least at first, I'm not sure about later), no XP gained for making the story progress, a serious lack of meaningful NPC interactions, and the lack of logical responses by NPCs (I sneak into areas right in front of city officials, and they don't do anything? Come on!).
    KamigoroshiAedanXorinaIsewein
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    The more I progress, the more I agree. It's well writen, apparently very well writen even. But... there's work to do on the shell.
    themazingnessAedan
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    I don't really love modules, but I will buy to support the team :)
    I crave for more awesome updates for NWN, BGEE and other projects :*
    JuliusBorisovAaeby
    edited April 2020
    Bluddy wrote: »
    I hope it's obvious that releasing low quality premium modules is not a good way to make NWN succeed. You'd be better off finding good amateur modules and paying the creators to polish them up a little.

Yeah, looking at the devs' portfolios, I'm not impressed, sadly. On the other hand, Tyrants of the Moonsea and Darkness over Daggerford were fantastic. To me they're better than the other paid modules/official campaigns. I think new modules could be successful though. I think they just need to be done by creators who have proven their ability to make NWN modules.
    Post edited by themazingness on
    XorinaIsewein
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    deltago wrote: »
    Two weeks off?
    DLC only 5 bucks?!
    Sold.
    Wow only £4.08 - on my list!

JuliusBorisov
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    I hate to say this, but this is the worst RPG I've ever seen. And that's saying something because I was excited for some Planescape. I don't mean this as bashing. It's just buggy and poorly designed. The reviews on Steam say it all pretty well. And I'm fine with the high role-play, low combat design. The trouble isn't the writing either. It was done well enough. The problems are the bugs, the day cycle design being too forced, companions not having much purpose (at least at first, I'm not sure about later), no XP gained for making the story progress, a serious lack of meaningful NPC interactions, and the lack of logical responses by NPCs (I sneak into areas right in front of city officials, and they don't do anything? Come on!).
    The thing is, can we expect a lot for a little over four quid?

edited April 2020
    Xorina wrote: »
    The thing is, can we expect a lot for a little over four quid?

I was expecting a good mystery/RPG set in Planescape that was worth $5 USD. What I got was a well written but buggy mystery set in Planescape that skimped on almost all of the things that make RPGs and particularly modules made with the Aurora Engine so great. It isn't worth any price for what we got. I think it is reasonable to expect paid games to meet a certain level of quality, especially when there are free games (modules) that meet higher quality and fun factor standards.

Edit: You could argue Darkness over Daggerford and Tyrants of the Moonsea are only $10 so what should we expect from them? But they are good. I don't expect a $5 game to be half as good. I just expect it to be worth spending money on.
    Post edited by themazingness on
    Kamigoroshi
    edited April 2020
    We've just released a patch addressing the hostile NPCs bug in the module.

https://www.beamdog.com/news/patch-dark-dreams-furiae/
    hook71
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree that this one flopped. Please don't let it discourage you to stop making premium modules.

Remember when Bethesda made Anchorage for Fallout 3? Yeah. That was a flop too. But they had many other dlc for the game that was just fantastic!

We NEED more premium modules for this game. I buy them all, regardless of the outcome. It's tough because you guys need to compete with modules that we can download for free.

Personally? Add a new class. I'd pay for it. Add a new race! I'd pay for it. You already have a lot of the assets to make a tiefling or aasimar subrace into a race that probably won't even break people's in-game modules!

I play with Shayan's subrace engine, and the wings and subrace abilities almost are flawlessly compatible.

Anyway, I digress, this is not the place for feature requests. All I'm saying is that I'm with you guys!
    DerpCityPrince_Raymond
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    1130210 wrote: »

Remember when Bethesda made Anchorage for Fallout 3? Yeah. That was a flop too. But they had many other dlc for the game that was just fantastic!

That's a pretty horrendous example.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    edited June 2020
    Mirak wrote: »
    1130210 wrote: »

That's a pretty horrendous example.

Sorry, but you're a little bit rude, dude. Again, I'm not fighting with you, but before you respond to my post in a negative way, why can't we be friends instead?
    Prince_RaymondAedan
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited June 2020
    @1130210 Aw, man. Now I have that song in my head. You see what you did? :lol: "Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends..." Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    It may have been a flop but I enjoyed Anchorage...

TR
  • LiamChgoLiamChgo Member Posts: 44
    I purchased Dark Dreams of Furiae several months ago, but have only recently begun to play. The course of the investigation led me to Aladara's apartment. I entered the apartment via the window, searched around. Found some odds and ends and three doors. One door leads outside, one needs a specific key to open, and one leads to a lower level. The lower level one is unlocked, but when I try to open it, it slams shut again. Now, when I try to leave the area I can't because I haven't finished my investigation. Is this one of the bugs I've been reading about or am I missing something?