Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Multiplayer problems

BGMattBGMatt Member Posts: 27
Hi,

My brother and I bought BG:EE with the hopes of playing it together but we've had a somewhat problematic experience with multiplayer. I am attempting to host (and have opened the ports on my route as listed here: link), but we have only had about 5% success rate in him being able to join the game. For some strange reason it seems to be fairly random whether he gets in or not, but in about 95% of attempts to join a server I create he just get's stuck at the "Waiting for information from the server" message immediately after he tries to join.

I was going to follow all the instructions at the above link, but at step 4 but I cannot even find the BCConfig file, and there is no option in BG:EE to do the following: Multiplayer > Connect > Protocol > TCP/IP.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? How are people reliably playing this game online? I'm guessing that guide is rather out of date, but didn't see anything more recent...

Thanks!

Matt

Comments