Skip to content

[mod] Yvette Romance

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
edited March 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
Yvette Romance is a Colours of Infinity mod that allows male charname (if he matches the requirements) to join a brand new NPC and romance her. She will stay in the party as long as the romance continues. She will also talk to other BioWare NPCs and react to your in-game doings.
Everything starts with a strange parchment you may buy on the Promenade. It's a portrait of young lady. That's how Yvette appears in the game. Help her to remember who she really is, let her experience adventures, let her stay by your side - that may guide you to something more than friendship, something Sune herself would bless. Yet remember that Yvette's past can tear your with its sharp talons.
Mod includes both SoA and ToB portion.

Colours of Infinity download section
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
Blackravenfranco8737GodKaiserHellBleuCelesteFina92laptopman666JuliusBorisovAerakar

Comments

• franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for your afford. When will Gahesh and Varshoon be available on BG2EE? I am still looking forward to them. :P
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    The mod got updated. Here is the list of changes :)
    EET compatibility by K4thos (continuous chapters, ToB transition)
    Cross-platform support: use HANDLE_AUDIO for ogg to wav conversion
    Multi-language support: use HANDLE_CHARSETS for non-English installations
    Added EE-format TIS v2 and PVRZ area graphics (fix horizontal lines glitch)
    Removed un-assignable extra proficiency point to avoid level-up glitch
    JuliusBorisovZaghoulFina92
  • crymoricuscrymoricus Member Posts: 8
    Yvette is such a great NPC mod. I love her voice, her image, etc. I'm in a game right now where it seems no matter how much time passes or what I do, Yvette will not come out of the picture and join my party. My main character is a Chaotic Good human Shadowdancer. What's the solution to this, please! I want my Yvette!
    Nevermind. I see I took a nap at The Sea's Bounty and she was hiding by the door when I woke up. I really think it would have been better to have had her initiate conversation when she appears. As it is, you have to see her there. I had no indication that she was there.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @crymoricus

Weird. That’s what she’s supposed to do and how I’ve always seen her interact. It’s possible her action command to speak with you got interrupted somehow.
    Nope, I started a new game and it happened again. This time I was ready for it, though, and I Tab-found her. She does not initiate when you're done resting in Promenade Tavern, or the Tavern in Bridge District. I have no idea about any other tavern, or if that's even related.
  • gwaihirgwaihir Member Posts: 22
    I think I'm encountering the same problem:

"YvetteRomanceActive" is set to 1
    "YvetteRomanceTalk" is set to 5, which as I understand is the last "drawing" talk
    "YvetteChange" is set to 1

If I try to converse with the drawing, nothing happens, and several in-game days have passed, with multiple restings and traveling betweeen areas.. What is supposed to happen at this point?
    And are you a match for her? Yvette is a romance mod and she becomes "real" only if you match romance requirements, which are:

OR(4)
    Race(Player1,ELF)
    Race(Player1,HUMAN)
    Race(Player1,HALF_ELF)
    Race(Player1,TIEFLING)
    Gender(Player1,MALE)
    !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)
    edited April 2020
    I'm a neutral good male half-elf :)

Sorry, some context: I'm playing EET, mod is the last version, I have the romance cheats from TA on. (nothing kills romance and multiple romances, iirc)
    I'm not sure what may be the problem then. That's the script that makes her appear:
    IF
    Global("YvetteMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("YvetteChange","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("YvetteRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)
    PartyRested()
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    DestroyItem("YxDraw")
    SetGlobal("YvetteChange","GLOBAL",2)
    CreateCreatureObjectOffset("YxYve1",Player1,[30.30])
    ActionOverride("YxYve",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
    Continue()
    END

It looks like all conditions are met. Perhaps you can use NearInfinity to check if the chapter thing installed correctly, but I don't know why should there be any problem...

Using NI I searched inside YXYVE.BCS for lines of that script: it's not there.. Am I looking in the wrong file?

Or maybe something went wrong during installation. :(

If I paste that script inside the BCS, would it work?
    It should be in baldur.bcs... and if you're using EET, I bet it's gonna be HUGE. Huh....
    edited April 2020
    It's not even in there.. in Baldur.bcs i don't have a single "yvette" instance. :(

According to the debug file, it should be fine:
    raf7ysq1spf0.jpg

But alas.

Post edited by gwaihir on
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    edited April 2020
    That is unfortunate. I know the player script extends it.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    edited May 2021

Hello, I have a question that I'd like to get clarification on:
    I was playing with Yvette in the party and everything seemed to be going well until the final battle with Bodhi. After I killed Bodhi by driving a stake through her heart, a vampire appeared from the shadows and fatally wounded Yvette, causing her to disappear from my party.

Should I expect Yvette to appear again in the game, or that I'll be given the chance to get her back?

Thanks for the help.
    IIRC, you failed to successfully get through her romance. She stays in the team only if romanced and if you fail the relationship, then there are certain points where she will be forced to leave for good. This is one of such points.

The script says:
    IF
    Global("YvetteVampire","GLOBAL",2)
    Global("YvetteRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("YvetteVampire","GLOBAL",3)
    LeaveParty()
    Kill(Myself)
    END

So it looks like your variable was set to 3 (failed relationship)... thus, she's gone forever.
    Sorry.
    SharGuidesMyHand
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    IIRC, you failed to successfully get through her romance. She stays in the team only if romanced and if you fail the relationship, then there are certain points where she will be forced to leave for good. This is one of such points.

The script says:
    IF
    Global("YvetteVampire","GLOBAL",2)
    Global("YvetteRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("YvetteVampire","GLOBAL",3)
    LeaveParty()
    Kill(Myself)
    END

So it looks like your variable was set to 3 (failed relationship)... thus, she's gone forever.
    Sorry.

Does the romance fail if you've slept with Phaere? I suspect that was the breaking point.
    Yeah, that may be the reason.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    The "read me" for this mod states: "She will also talk to other BioWare NPCs..."

Does this mean that she will *not* talk to the Beamdog (EE) NPCs (Rasaad, etc.)?

Thanks!
    This mod was created long before EE. She doesn't have dialogues with EE characters or does not react to them, but... on the other hand that mod tells a story different to those presented in EE and it's heavily focused on Yvette's past, so... there's still a lot of content in there. She's one of my riches stories written for NPC. Not sure I would write things the same way today, but you won't be bored.
    Thrasymachus
    Thanks for the quick answer! I was planning on including her once I get to BG2 (I'm still in BG1 now, with Walahnan and company, and quite enjoying your "Shades" adventures). I had been thinking of adding Rasaad to my party, and keeping him throughout the tetralogy, but I won't bother now. I'm fine with using a BioWare NPC instead.

I plan to use your Yvette, Skie, and Foundling NPCs in SoA and ToB. They all talk with each other, right? (With the crossmod banter mod installed, that is.)
    You need to check the list, I really do not remember which combinations have talks. Really. Too many NPCs to follow. I am planning to make some update, but I need to finish some other things first.
    Thrasymachus
    According to the list, Foundling and Skie have 2 banters in SoA and 1 in ToB. Yvette and Foundling have one banter in both SoA and ToB.

The Skie mod mentions dialogues with both Yvette and Foundling, but not how many.

So it looks like they do indeed talk to each other! :)
    I think that's my old Skie mod, not the new one. One was my first NPC mod, it was horrible and I wrote new Skie, the continuation of SoD character. The new Skie has crossmod talks in the mod's package so she should be installed as the last one. I see there are talks in the package (with both Foundling and Yvette).
    Cheers
    Thrasymachus
    I recently finished up BG + SoD and proceeded to SoA. Yvette is now in my party and so far I think she's a very interesting companion. I'm looking forward to her story unfolding. And the portrait is lovely.

One small problem: when casting spells she uses the "male" voice. Not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it.
    Hmmm weird. I have no idea why, to be honest...
    Anyway, glad you're having fun with her :)
    Another minor thing: I just noticed that the "Lips of Rapture" ability does not heal (I've tried it twice). (I'm using the most recent version of the mod, 4.1.)
    Thanks for letting me know! :) Will check it next time I'm updating the mod.
  • VardekVardek Member Posts: 1
    Hey :)
    Just wanted to say i really like your mod !
    I'm at Spellhold at the Slayer encounter at the moment. Musics are good, the story and new zones you have for them too, i love the writing :)
    AerakarThrasymachus
    Thank you! :) Hope you'll like the rest of the mod as well :)