Skip to content

Poor Rasaad (spoilers)

ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
So, Rasaad has some really bad epilogues. Like, worse than Viconia levels of Diabolus Ex Maxhina. Are there any mods out there that gives our favorite monk some happier endings? I've done some looking myself, but without any luck. No EET mods please, I'm not interested in mega mods.

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I wonder how hard it would be to write our own epilogues. Could it be done with NI, for instance?
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    Rasaad is a terrible person. Believe me, he truly deserves everything he gets and more.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited April 2020
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    So, Rasaad has some really bad epilogues. Like, worse than Viconia levels of Diabolus Ex Maxhina. Are there any mods out there that gives our favorite monk some happier endings? I've done some looking myself, but without any luck. No EET mods please, I'm not interested in mega mods.

EET is not a megamod, it just put BGEE + BG2EE +SoD together into a one continuous adventure. You don't have to install megamods (or in fact any other mod) on top of it.

As for your question, check Ascension. It has component with additional epilogues by Shawne and I think it's for EE characters too.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Aerie wrote: »
    Rasaad is a terrible person. Believe me, he truly deserves everything he gets and more.

Oo, spicy. I kind of agree though. Not terrible but I wasn't particularly sad.
  • JarveyJarvey Member Posts: 31
    Honestly, I've always found the vanilla epilogues to be letdowns. So many of them boil down to 'COMPANION went their separate ways, did a few things of note, and vanished/died.' that I felt mostly... indifferent when reading them, and some bother me the more I think about them. I can only imagine that time and/or resource limitations had to be a factor when writing and scripting the epilogues, forcing one-size-hopefully-fits endings that had to exclude the presence of the player character outside of romances.

My main complain comes from how the epilogues don't take ascending or staying mortal into account, nor do they take alignment/reputation into account for a mortal player. For example, it doesn't make sense to me that Imoen would immediately split from (and heavily implied to never see again) a good-aligned mortal player they've been a lifelong friend with. Minsc is literally said to vanish without a trace for some reason. Viconia's epilogue wants her story to end on a bittersweet note, but does so in a way that can't help but to feel unsatisfying and arguably mean-spirited. I think the EE was trying to do the same for Rasaad, but it also encounters the same problem. though allegedly Rasaad's epilogues had the additional factor of D&D execs making demands that Alorgoth was strictly off-limits to be harmed.

I'd love if there was a mod that went all-in on giving companions a bunch of different epilogues that took as much as possible into account; companion side quests, the reputation/alignment/ascended state of the player, friendships/hostilities within the party, etc, but the scripting alone would be nightmarish in its scale and ambition.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Cahir wrote: »

EET is not a megamod, it just put BGEE + BG2EE +SoD together into a one continuous adventure. You don't have to install megamods (or in fact any other mod) on top of it.

As for your question, check Ascension. It has component with additional epilogues by Shawne and I think it's for EE characters too.

No, but 99% of EET mods ARE megamods. I can't even keep track of all the times someone posted "Oh this EET only mod does that one small thing you want, but it also adds two new campaigns that happen Between BG1 and BG2 that gets you to level 15. But don't worry, it also removes the exp cap, so you can just smash your way through all the actual game content! :D"
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,681
    @ThacoBell What mod(s) are you talking about? You are aware that a lot of (normal) mods are EET compatible nowadays (list here)?
    jastey wrote: »
    @ThacoBell What mod(s) are you talking about? You are aware that a lot of (normal) mods are EET compatible nowadays (list here)?

This. There are only handful of mods that are strictly made for EET (Sandrah Saga and The Cowled Menace comes to mind). Other mods are just regular mods adapted to work with EET. @ThacoBell you are just confusing things, and this generally is a common misinformation regarding EET. This is not a megamod.
    and this generally is a common misinformation regarding EET.
    And no secret who spent a lot of effort creating it, specially on these forums. -.-
    Jarvey wrote: »
    Honestly, I've always found the vanilla epilogues to be letdowns. So many of them boil down to 'COMPANION went their separate ways, did a few things of note, and vanished/died.' that I felt mostly... indifferent when reading them, and some bother me the more I think about them. I can only imagine that time and/or resource limitations had to be a factor when writing and scripting the epilogues, forcing one-size-hopefully-fits endings that had to exclude the presence of the player character outside of romances.

My main complain comes from how the epilogues don't take ascending or staying mortal into account, nor do they take alignment/reputation into account for a mortal player. For example, it doesn't make sense to me that Imoen would immediately split from (and heavily implied to never see again) a good-aligned mortal player they've been a lifelong friend with. Minsc is literally said to vanish without a trace for some reason. Viconia's epilogue wants her story to end on a bittersweet note, but does so in a way that can't help but to feel unsatisfying and arguably mean-spirited. I think the EE was trying to do the same for Rasaad, but it also encounters the same problem. though allegedly Rasaad's epilogues had the additional factor of D&D execs making demands that Alorgoth was strictly off-limits to be harmed.

I'd love if there was a mod that went all-in on giving companions a bunch of different epilogues that took as much as possible into account; companion side quests, the reputation/alignment/ascended state of the player, friendships/hostilities within the party, etc, but the scripting alone would be nightmarish in its scale and ambition.

The only mod that I know of that expands the epilogues is Ascension, just look for Extended epilogues components by shawne (one is dedicated for vanilla NPC's and the second for EE NPC's). It may not fully satisfy your needs, but it may Improved things for you.
    Seriously? If I can't even tell you how many times I saw a quest mod on Gibberlings 3 or Sorceror's place and went to check it out, only to find "EET only" in paraentheses right next to the name. There are a ton of mods advertised (is that the right word here?) as being EET exclusive.

I already use ascension, but nothing I've seen says what (if anything) is changed for Rasaad.
    Seriously? If I can't even tell you how many times I saw a quest mod on Gibberlings 3 or Sorceror's place and went to check it out, only to find "EET only" in paraentheses right next to the name. There are a ton of mods advertised (is that the right word here?) as being EET exclusive.

I already use ascension, but nothing I've seen says what (if anything) is changed for Rasaad.

@ThacoBell the only mods that are EET exclusive are Roxanne's mods (notably Sandarh Saga) and her unofficial versions of official mods (which have EET in name, maybe that's why you were misled). And there is The Cowled Menace (which actually I'm very hyped to try). Other mods are just regular mods adapted to work with EET like any other platform. So feel free to try it out :)
    I don't think I misunderstood "EET required" stamped on several mod pages.
    I don't think I misunderstood "EET required" stamped on several mod pages.

Which mod pages, please show me, I'm curious now.
    @ThacoBell hm, maybe temnix' mods in the General Mod Discussion forum? Because G3 official hosted mods, The Cowled Menace is the only one in the past year(s) that require EET. Or do you have links? (I'm seriously interested because I'm oblivious to which mods you are referring to, at least at G3. I don't browse Sorcerer's Place.)
    I don't catalogue every single web page I've ever seen. Its just something I've noticed over the last few years while trying to find mods for certain things.
    I don't catalogue every single web page I've ever seen. Its just something I've noticed over the last few years while trying to find mods for certain things.

In that case you have completely different experience in this matter than me and @jastey ;)
    But I did, indeed, have that experience.