Skip to content

Ulcaster School Easter Egg?

Hi,

I thought (read) that if you gave the ghost the book and the Idol then you got as Easter Egg? If is not so?

Just tried it and nothing, Idol didn't disappear and no Easter Egg, the Ghost stays around but just says "we will all live again someday".

Thanks
Dave

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    You should have the idol and the armor. http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar3900.htm

The book is for his personal quest (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/13466/books-of-darkness-ulcaster-ghost )
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    Hi, what are the item codes for the Book and the Armor? I tried MISC82 but it didn't work, I have the Idol and the Book from Ulcaster but not from Gullykin?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The ancient armor comes from a skeleton inside FIrewine Ruins. But using it for the easter egg means that you can't do the quest for the spirits and get that nice longbow.
    edited April 2020
    That's probably the problem then, I originally got the Ancient Armor from the Skeleton and used to to get the longbow not realising that it was needed for the Ulcaster Ghost. I've got some mods installed and one subquest needs a vampiric sword (and ties inself in with the Easter Egg). In the end I cheated and used the console to make a new VP, still don't know exactly what I need to do to make the Easter Egg fire, but its mute at this point, since I did all the work anyway, I thought that I'd cheat on this one occasion!

Thanks a lot for the comments.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,011
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    The ancient armor comes from a skeleton inside FIrewine Ruins. But using it for the easter egg means that you can't do the quest for the spirits and get that nice longbow.

Longbow?
    Aerakar wrote: »

Longbow?

Yeah, that +2 longbow.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,815
    Which you don't get if you do the quest for the spirits. They give you a bit of experience, and then fade away. The only way to get anything tangible from those spirits is to take it by force. You monster.
    Ok, you mean the spirits' items. I've never been able to kill the spirits, so always give them the armor. I tried many times with poison, but gave up as was taking forever. is there an easier way?
    jmerry wrote: »
    Which you don't get if you do the quest for the spirits. They give you a bit of experience, and then fade away. The only way to get anything tangible from those spirits is to take it by force. You monster.

What? No. I've never killed the spirits. You get the bow for that. I'm pretty sure no mods affect that. I Always give the armor to the top right spirit, maybe that affects something?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    That must be from a mod. I just checked the spirits in NearInfinity and all of them have the same dialogue. I checked their dialogue and there is nothing in it that would give the party a longbow +2.
    StummvonBordwehr
    You are suppose to get a Vampiric Sword but I've never managed to the Easter Egg to fire
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

What? No. I've never killed the spirits. You get the bow for that. I'm pretty sure no mods affect that. I Always give the armor to the top right spirit, maybe that affects something?

They all use the same dialogue, and they don't give you the bow in the unmodded game.
    StummvonBordwehrAerakarThacoBell
    You are suppose to get a Vampiric Sword but I've never managed to the Easter Egg to fire

You take the ancient armor and the statue of Kozah to Ulcaster. Then he gives you the vampiric sword.
    CamDawg wrote: »

They all use the same dialogue, and they don't give you the bow in the unmodded game.

That doesn't seem right... wait, is it pick pocket-able?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Yep.

Is there a specific ghost to pickpocket for the bow?

CamDawg wrote: »

Yep.

That must be it. I used to be real pickpocket crazy.
    Aerakar wrote: »
    Is there a specific ghost to pickpocket for the bow?

Top right IIRC.
    Aerakar
  • LechloanLechloan Member Posts: 4
    If you have the Mod "The Vault" installed, you can't exchange the armor and the Idol for the Vampire sword until Chapter Six, as you need the Book about the Netherscrolls to unlock this.

If you have Nothern Tales of the Sword Coast, you can find a second Ancient armor there.