Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    if are scars she was twice very lucky about not loosing an eye...
    maybe, but i am not sure as i have to leave home for some days and i am not sure that i can do it before leaving, i will give it a try even if at present i am using gimp and i am much more accustomed to do similar things with photoshop.
    do you want the big X scars only removed or everything?
    edited March 2020
    ok, i gave it a try, far from being a perfect result probably it is good enough to be used as portrait in an infinity engine game.
    ye9t3tw9tdyy.jpg

i did a search on the net for the wider version of that image i could find, now is up to you to download portrait grabber or crop and resize manually the image.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17596/alweths-easy-portrait-grabber-tool

EDIT:to avoid annoyance to the ones that use mobile devices i have a small resolution image displayed, but there is the full resolution one attached to the post.

• xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for the helps, it looks great!

---

I am using this website to crop the resize the portrait easily:

http://www.notra.fr/portrait
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Isandir wrote: »
    Thanks, @Raduziel ! I grew to appreciate the default portraits a lot more after trying to emulate them for so long. You almost have to when you stare at them for hours on end!

A few weeks ago @coffin_nailer sent an unusual request that piqued my interest, and this is the result. He had asked for a young version of Abdel Adrian in the BG2 style, using the books and the Murder in Baldur's Gate game as reference. As usual, I made a few artistic tweaks of my own, but here's my take on the young Abdel. At some point I'll try to make a BG1 version of him as well.

jrwdd0ey6xop.png76ep3vzk0065.png

0i94gzk85j8d.png

Hi @Isandir !
    Is the bg1 version is finished ?
    The best portrait maker for bg games ever is you :smile:
    If yes can u link it here?
    Thanks in advance!
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Isn't the bg1 version just the default portrait of the blue armored short haired man?
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    lroumen wrote: »
    Isn't the bg1 version just the default portrait of the blue armored short haired man?

The original tosc used that, but no, the short haired armored is Canderous from tutorial party:
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Canderous

So there is no abdel portrait in bg1.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I'm preparing to do an ultimate EET run with many mods, and I'm looking for a specific portrait for my PC. I hope you guys can help me find something matching, because I searched for it yesterday quite a while without a success.

My PC would be a dragon disciple of blue draconic bloodline (a spawn of Morueme clan), multiclassed to some fighter class (not decided yet which one).

Anyway I'm looking for a human male portrait, with sorcerer appearance, black or dark brown hair, and what's the most important with deep blue or azure eyes. If it's possible he's skin can bi tinted blue, but only very little (I don't want him to look silly). With the Gorion's teachings he will be neutral good (despite his lineage), so I don't want him to look evil.

I realize it's very specific request, but this is the reason I couldn't find any matching portrait.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,859
    Cahir wrote: »
    I'm preparing to do an ultimate EET run with many mods, and I'm looking for a specific portrait for my PC. I hope you guys can help me find something matching, because I searched for it yesterday quite a while without a success.

My PC would be a dragon disciple of blue draconic bloodline (a spawn of Morueme clan), multiclassed to some fighter class (not decided yet which one).

Anyway I'm looking for a human male portrait, with sorcerer appearance, black or dark brown hair, and what's the most important with deep blue or azure eyes. If it's possible he's skin can bi tinted blue, but only very little (I don't want him to look silly). With the Gorion's teachings he will be neutral good (despite his lineage), so I don't want him to look evil.

I realize it's very specific request, but this is the reason I couldn't find any matching portrait.

I'm sending you a copy of what I have done as I don't have the copyright of the image that I used as the starting point.

If you want the eyes or skin bluer that is very quick to do.

@Wise_Grimwald thank you very much for your generous offer! The portrait is perfect! There's only one detail that I would love to see different if it's possible (wrote you via PM what it is), but otherwise it looks just perfect. This is really such a great community, I really wasn't expect anyone to *make* a portrait for me. I just hoped there is something sufficient on the web, that I just cannot find. And here we are, very own unique spawn of Morueme :)
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    @Cahir a multiclass dragon disciple and fighter?
    then let me suggest the right avatar for it
    52vwhioeirt4.jpg

:D;)

Apparently multiclassing Sorcerer kit is not possible so I'll have to settle with dragon disciple only ? I need to feel cheese, this would be a first time I'll do a full SCS run. I wasn't to survive ?
    edited April 2020
    Whilst you may not be able to roll a dragon disciple/fighter, EE keeper can do many things that perhaps shouldn’t be done.

EDIT

I've just checked. It's not even possible with EE Keeper. It would have to be done with Nearinfinity.
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    @Cahir a multiclass dragon disciple and fighter?
    then let me suggest the right avatar for it
    52vwhioeirt4.jpg

:D;)

Apparently multiclassing Sorcerer kit is not possible so I'll have to settle with dragon disciple only ? I need to feel cheese, this would be a first time I'll do a full SCS run. I wasn't to survive ?

However, if you are a connoisseur, or just blessed to be a Yorkshireman, this might be a better avatar. :D
    iqkh794bkph1.jpg
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    @Wise_Grimwald thank you very much for your generous offer! The portrait is perfect! There's only one detail that I would love to see different if it's possible (wrote you via PM what it is), but otherwise it looks just perfect. This is really such a great community, I really wasn't expect anyone to *make* a portrait for me. I just hoped there is something sufficient on the web, that I just cannot find. And here we are, very own unique spawn of Morueme :)

It is actually often quicker to make a portrait than to find the perfect one on the web. I make new portraits all the time for my own characters, usually just changing the background from plain to an actual place using my own photos, but sometimes I add a symbol on a shield such as the symbol of a deity or change the weapon to make it appropriate for the character. It is quite fun.

The problem is that I cannot post them here without the permission of the original artist which is as it should be.
    @Wise_Grimwald let me disagree, to have a multiclassed sorcerer is a stinky cheese, sadly not possible even with EEkeeper, not a creamy, crumbly and full of flavor one, gorgonzola cheese is a much more appropriate avatar for him :D

ot: by the way even if i think that the french people are the masters of cheese, followed by the italians and the somehow overrated swiss, i was surprised of how good are some selected english cheeses, there imo on average the quality is inferior, but with few selected excellence that can rival with the best french and italian ones.
    and gorgonzola cheese is surely not among the italian excellence, if you want it let's talk of castelmagno, burrata or parmigiano reggiano or of the pecorino cheese they make in sardinia or tuscany.
    edited April 2020
    @gorgonzola In my opinion you are correct about some of those. With all cheeses however, it is a matter of maturity. In England gowing up they weren't left to mature long enough and I thought that dutch cheeses were absolute rubbish. However when I went to Holland and tasted their more mature cheeses, I was amazed to discover that I actually liked them! However, enough about cheeses, back to portraits. :)
    This thread has taken an unexpected turn. I came in expecting to look at new custom character portraits, and instead got a discussion of what is the best cheese? Not game cheese, but actual cheese, as in food? :)

Completely my fault, sorry about that :#
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Cahir The mod "Tome and Blood" has multiclass sorcerers. You can't do multiclass dragon disciples, but its slightly closer.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Cahir The mod "Tome and Blood" has multiclass sorcerers. You can't do multiclass dragon disciples, but its slightly closer.

Yeah, subtledoctor explained me already, I can multiclass basic sorcerers but not kit sorcerers. That's a bummer, but I'll figure something out.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Speaking of cheese I happen to love cheese - in game, however I hate and don't really like cheese in real life. Funny that.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293

Yeah, subtledoctor explained me already, I can multiclass basic sorcerers but not kit sorcerers. That's a bummer, but I'll figure something out.

Speaking of subtledoctor, what happened to him? I remember reading lots of threads where he was present, seems he deleted his account.

give a try at his mod and then try to add the kit with EEkeeper.
    i am not sure that it works, but usually EEkeeper let you add a kit to a multiclass while it does not enable to build illegal multi class with classes that are not supposed to be able to dual.
    Blackbɨrd wrote: »
    Speaking of cheese I happen to love cheese - in game, however I hate and don't really like cheese in real life. Funny that.

i actually like both the kinds of cheese, they add the right flavor both to my meals and my game

Blackbɨrd wrote: »

Speaking of subtledoctor, what happened to him? I remember reading lots of threads where he was present, seems he deleted his account.
    deleted??? i was not aware of it. i completely ignore the reason, if he was banned or it is his own decision, but i am sad to hear it.
    i had in the past some fierce discussion with him, as we had different opinions on some things, but i really appreciated his contribution to the forums as well as his modding work.
    i hope that if it is his decision he will change his mind and join again our community.

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Same reason as with @Raduziel: disagreements with site staff. Both of them have since then moved on and migrated to The Gibberlings 3. They are actively continuing there with modding the IE:EE's just as before.

If you can multiclass a sorcerer, you should then be able to use EE Keeper to add a kit to the sorcerer. Worth a try.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited April 2020
    Same reason as with @Raduziel: disagreements with site staff. Both of them have since then moved on and migrated to The Gibberlings 3. They are actively continuing there with modding the IE:EE's just as before.

Clarification. subtledoctor wasn't banned. Rather than stirring up drama like Raduziel or lefreut , he actually left without repeatedly breaking site rules. He asked the devs to delete his posts (since only mods can do so) and set up shop at G3, where he still mods. His Github is still updated as well.

@Cahir Oh, I'd caution the use of EEkeeper with Tome and Blood. Some of the casting systems used in subtledoctor's mods are broken just by opening up EEkeeper. The way he gives spontaneous casting to non-sorceror base classes isn't compatible. I recommend NearInfinity. It doesn't have the slick UI, but it works better in general.
    @Cahir Oh, I'd caution the use of EEkeeper with Tome and Blood. Some of the casting systems used in subtledoctor's mods are broken just by opening up EEkeeper. The way he gives spontaneous casting to non-sorceror base classes isn't compatible. I recommend NearInfinity. It doesn't have the slick UI, but it works better in general.

I am sad about that. I can well undersstand how making changes to kits etc. would cause problems, but if changing the inventory to add a bag of holding, or changing the colouration causes problems then I think that perhaps I should reinstall without his mods. Very sad.