Skip to content

Axis & Allies 1942 Online Launches July 31, 2019

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited July 2019 in News
Hi Everyone,

We can finally share the official release date of our Axis & Allies digital board game. The wait is almost over!

Axis & Allies 1942 Online launches to Steam Early Access on July 31, 2019.

cm1imbbd7aq4.png

Since we last shared details, the development team has implemented an array of epic changes to visuals, the user interface, and the combat system. We also added custom defense profiles based on community feedback!

Check out what's new on our Steam page!

Wishlists are available today, while the game releases Wednesday.

Make sure to sign up for the Axis & Allies 1942 Online newsletter for the latest updates on community, strategy and development! https://www.axisandalliesonline.com/#newsletter

We recommend reading through this excellent analysis of all the changes based on the feedback since the initial announcement: https://www.axisandallies.org/p/axis-allies-1942-online-early-access-is-here/
anastielbleusteelTressetleeux[Deleted User]lolienSkatankanisathaAedanelminster

Comments

• anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    big news thanks for sharing Julius
    JuliusBorisovEnialusMeliamne[Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    What the hell? That’s only 2 days away.
    EnialusMeliamneleeux[Deleted User]MERLANCE
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Congrats.

I would have waited to release it in 14-August, though (V-Day in the Pacific).
    [Deleted User]Prince_Raymond
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We now have updated the FAQ - https://axisandalliesonline.com/aao_faq_1.5.pdf - there's a ton of changes improving the game since the very first announcement in February.
    lolien
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited July 2019
    @JuliusBorisov
    The document says that the game will be available just in English, but I remember I ready somewhere that languages support would have been granted.
    Post edited by Aedan on
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think that has been our position since Day 1. We plan to add more languages in future updates to the game.
    lolien
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @JuliusBorisov
    Ops, sorry, did not remember that was planned on a second stage. Thank you!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    10% off at Steam Early Access! Purchased!
    JuliusBorisov
    It’s launched, but we’re investigating a problem with the .exe file.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    @JuliusBorisov You may want to add sections for the game on the forums.
    We'll get there later. ;)
  • DaveSDaveS Member Posts: 1
    I like the game. I'd like to see Technology and a single player total conquest option. Gameplay and interface are well thought out but slow. I like the addition of Artillery, Destroyers, and Cruisers. How about mechanized infantry? Online game creation temporarily disabled message and two Server disconnects. But otherwise stable. Thanks for all of your hard work and I hope you continue to improve the game.
    JuliusBorisovOneShoulder
  • OneShoulderOneShoulder Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, firstly let me congratulate the team for a successful implementation of Axis & Allies board game. I have wonderful memories of playing this game with my brothers when we were young and, thanks to Beamdog, we are able to continue to play using the online version. Again thank you.

I was wondering if there are any plans to roll out enhancements to the game such as including technology? Is this or are there other enhancements planned in the comings months.

Cheers,
    JuliusBorisov
    Hello, @OneShoulder! Axis & Allies 1942 Online is a digital adaptation of Axis & Allies 1942, 2nd Edition. We're working based on the license with the right holder.

Technology is not a part of Axis & Allies 1942, see
    https://media.wizards.com/2015/rules/AA_1942_rules.pdf . Potentially, we're interested in exploring other box sets in the future, but at the moment, we're focused on polishing up Axis & Allies 1942 Online.
    anastiel