Skip to content

[Forum Bug] Forum is going nuts

2»

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited October 2012
    Shandyr said:

Awesome post. Account options button is back too.
    Things seem to get normal finally.

@Shandyr, thanks! Not that it really mattered since they just made a new image-set (which re-positioned the stars, it seemed like a bit more work than was necessary given that the stuff was there to copy and paste) instead of changing the CSS. Made my post a little irrelevant. Oh well, they know the best way to deal with the little cosmetic problems. Still nice to see things back to normal - and even improved.
    Calawen said:

Well I won't use the facebook and twitter options, but I don't mind them being added.

Me neither, or either count. Speaking of which, the Twitter icon has vanished...

Shenanigans is afoot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Shandyr, also the Edit Profile button isn't appearing above your user statistics area (join date, posts, points, etc.). Have you also tried doing a non-cache refresh (CTRL+F5), just to see?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It means the browser will get all the files for the page from the Internet instead of using your local computer cache copy.
    edited October 2012
    @Shandyr, web-browsers use a cache system. A browser cache is basically a place where things like the site images (background, etc.), as well as certain CSS and HTML documents are stored. This is so your bandwidth doesn't get clogged up with constant requests to download the same item whenever you refresh a page (it's like RAM, in a way, it re-uses information that is already there). It also limits the strain on the sites' server and speeds up request and delivery times.

Doing a non-cache refresh means that you're not using the cache and you're re-downloading the site data again from scratch. In other words, it's updating the display to what it actually is, not using whatever you might have stored in the cache.

Edit: Ninja'd by @mlnevese. Which is also a more concise version.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited October 2012
    Well now we have ideas for two new badges in this thread Synchronized posting and Ninja :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on