Skip to content

What other games you playing right now?

Comments

• HowieHowie Member Posts: 136
    Darksider 2 and Guild Wars 2
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    BG2 with my solo uncapped XP FMT. Just got out of the underdark and am clearing the new areas on the world map. Am ridiculously overlevelled (something like a 24 Fighter / 20 Mage / 26 Thief - or somesuch).
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @elminster - is Crusader Kings good? I got Sengoku, which is a 'dumbed down' version from what I can tell. I get lost. :(

Games I play: Titan Quest, Master of Orion 1/2, Sword of the Stars, Civilization IV/V.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @sandmanCCL : I am actually attracted by these weird indie-like cute games truth be told, nowadays even more so with Japanese indie games, as they are quite unique. HMH is one instance, Cave Story is another.

Then there are the psychologically-religiously twisted crazy video games like The Binding of Isaac, which is super controversial according to some... but I absolutely *LOVE* it XD
  • ArbitraryNerdArbitraryNerd Member Posts: 14
    For me, I'm still waiting to officially start Baldurs Gate Trilogy (need ToB to arrive via eBay).

In the meantime, I'm playing:
    PC: XCOM: Enemy Unknown, KotOR (with mods for the first time), and Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magicka Obscura
    360: Dishonored (recently reviewed on my blog!)
    3DS: Devil Survivor 2 (kinda, only pick it up now and then)
    Vita: FF7 (same as DS2 at the moment)

I'm actually looking for a suggestion of what to buy at Greenman Gaming with the $10 credit I got from XCOM...

And, as of yesterday, I started and am halfway through Homeland (Dark Elf Trilogy Book One), which I've never read before.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @Cheesebelly: I kind of like Binding of Isaac but I also kind of don't because the controls feel loose. I even play with my XBOX 360 controller rather than the keyboard. I'd like it more if my guy didn't drift around so much. Kind of frustrating.

Can't wait for the Steam Holiday sale this year. I've got my eyes on a half dozen obscure titles.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I tried to play Cruzader Knights 2, but the game lost me completly, the tutorial didn't help at all by the way.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2012
    @reedmilfam I've never played Crusader Kings I. When you first start playing Kings Crusaders 2 you have to accept two fundamental things. If you are like me you are going to screw up at some point, which depending on the size of your demense (your number of land holdings) could end disastrously for your reign. The second thing you have to accept is going into it you will have no idea about what you are doing when you first start playing. The tutorials provide a basic lesson on how to play the game, but it is much more complicated then they are. I really like it. I'm only about 40hrs into playing it, but I know people who have played 300 hours and really have gotten into it. It uses the same engine as Europa Universalis 3 and Heart of Iron 3, but it is certainly more complicated than Europa Universalis 3 anyways. If there is a demo i'd recommend trying it, that or trying Europa Universalis 3 or Heart of Iron 3 (this one is more complicated) out just so you get an idea of what it is like to play. Its sort of turn based but in a real-time sort of way. You can pause the game to issue orders, but otherwise research and unit movement takes a certain amount of in-game time for instance.
    Figrut
  • VirsalusVirsalus Member Posts: 45
    I am thinking about playing through the Dragon Age or Mass Effect series soon.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    BG2 and D&D Next
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Currently working on a Neverwinter Nights 2 run. There's a lot to like, but, darn, this game is flawed. The problem is, if you are good at character builds, you can just plow over everything in the OC, even with the difficulty slider maxed. And there are graphical glitches, and AI problems, and camera issues, and just all kinds of stuff to spoil your immersion.

I'm still pressing through, though, because I think the npc writing is really, really good. The npc's, their personalities, and their backstories wind up making the game kind of worth it to me. Plus, I know it gets better and better the deeper you go in it. Right now, I'm just getting to the Old Owl Well series of missions (Khelgar's Ironfist Clan story, Eyegouger and Bonegnasher orc tribes), and the game is still "meh".

I've still got my trial and the Sand and Bishop phases of the game to go. But I'm hanging in there, because I know that things will start to get really interesting after I finally get my stronghold, and Zhjaeve, and then maybe move on into Mask of the Betrayer, which I've never actually finished - so I have some brand new content potential if I get that high.
    ginger_hammer
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Didn't like much the Original Campaign, but MotB is worth a try, at least once.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Arkham City. Using Catwoman on the challenge maps is proving to be very difficult.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    BG: TotSC...wait, you said other games, right?
    prepping for my DM-hood this Saturday night; not sure if that counts, tho...
    Drugar
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Psychonauts.
    Bugratsemiticgoddess
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @belgarathmth

If you want to be able to plan your character a bit more can I suggest www.nwn2db.com for all your character building needs.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @decado, thanks, but I'm already steamrolling the game. I kind of already know how to build my characters. I'm playing a druid this go round, and Elanee and I just blast everything out of our way with call lightning spells.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    At present I am flying down a trench trying to locate a small exhaust port... When I do, I will release a proton torpedo, that should damge the main reactor core, resulting in a catastrophic explosion...

Gotta love x-wing... Even though it is very old school now... Found the box (A white label of the CD collectors edition... CD COLLECTORS EDITION! How old must it be to make owning the game on CD make it more collectable?!?) next to my Baldur's gate box... Good times...
    BelgarathMTHlolien
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    EVE Online, Pharaoh Gold, Torchlight 2

I got Guild Wars 2 two weeks ago but just can't enjoy it, the character graphics / animations put me off.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Frog Fractions.
    ginger_hammer
  • FigrutFigrut Member Posts: 109
    Why not just play D&D? Best games are right at this time of year.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643

I have forbidden myself to play any Baldur's Gate game until Enhanced Edtion comes out, so naturally I have other game to play. Here's the list of games I play recently:
    - Fallout 1 and 2
    - Diablo 2 and 3
    - The Witcher 2
    - Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus

Diablo 3 was a big dissapointment for me... SUCH a grind-fest and the real money auction house is just one more way Blizzard can try to rape you. LoL.

Only Fallout I've tried is 3, which is pretty epic. I have New Vegas but its still in the shrink.

BelgarathMTH
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @SandmanCCL : You mean it feels like playing on ice? If so, it might be a processor problem, as the game is HORRIBLY programmed (and it is admitted as much by its main developer Edmund McMillen too) and any AMD processor has a super hard time running the game. Although it is true that even without these processor problems, with too many speed upgrades, you'll end up drifting around like crazy, unless you get a flying item XD
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited October 2012
    I guess most of my most recent playthroughs have had something to do with Viconia, mostly attempts to continue the BG2 adventure beyond BG2.

Games I've played recently in the order of when I played them last:

1.) Baldur's Gate 2 - currently in 5th playthrough with PC named Evice and his wife Viconia
    2.) Age of Mythology
    3.) Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
    4.) Oblivion - Started a new game in Oblivion using the Viconia mod (my last Oblivion game ended in 2008)
    5.) The Sims 2 - I re-created Viconia and my PC from BG2 as a couple in The Sims 2
    6.) Baldur's Gate Tutu - I imported Evice and Viconia into Tutu after their 3rd BG2 playthrough
    7.) Icewind Dale 1
    elminsterlelag200
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    ARKdeEREH said:

7.) Icewind Dale 1

With a re-creation of Evice and Viconia?

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790

Diablo 3 was a big dissapointment for me... SUCH a grind-fest and the real money auction house is just one more way Blizzard can try to rape you. LoL.

Only Fallout I've tried is 3, which is pretty epic. I have New Vegas but its still in the shrink.

It was dissapointment, but still that doesn't make it bad game. It becomes better and more playable after every patch. And what's with that real money action house bullcrap? I don't know anyone who is using it, and I'm honest about what I'm saying.

There is one problem with latest Fallout games - they don't feel like Fallout at all. Try first or/and second game and you'll know what I mean.
    ginger_hammerelminsterKoson
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531

ARKdeEREH said:

7.) Icewind Dale 1

With a re-creation of Evice and Viconia?

No. I wanted to, that's why I bought the game, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I read on a forum that some guy managed to import Viconia into Icewind Dale with the same voice and everything, but he didn't say how and the thread was several years old.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Guild Wars 2
    Path of Exile Beta
    BG:EE Beta
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    Tetris.

• Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    I am playing on my PS Vita in Ridge Racer Type 4 (Downloaded from PS Store-> PS Classic) and in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (I have a physical Cartridge)