Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Join the Battle: Axis & Allies 1942 Online



  • twobitcodertwobitcoder Member Posts: 3
    (I hope this is the right place to post this. The forum is cluttered and confusing.)

    Hello Beamdog!
    I wanted to thank you for creating Axis & Allies 1942!!
    I've been waiting for this game for 20 years (the Hasbro game sucked imo so I don't count it).
    Thank you for doing a stupendous job on the game already. I played it for the first time 3 days ago and it was very, very stable. I've completed 1 full game and started a 2nd. I like how I can choose to play some nations (even on opposite sides) which is great for exploring scenario ideas.
    It's very well done for an early release game. This feels like it has had a very good project manager.

    I'm eager to post suggestions and possibly bugs (if I come across any). What is the best way to do that?

    Haven't tried MP yet. I'm thrilled to be able to play solo. It's been such a long time... I own every edition of the board game and sometimes just play solo (no one seems to have time these days).

    Feature I LOVE about the game:
    * Ability to quit at any time with automatic save
    * Playing multiple games and switching among them
    * The way unit movement is handled in the UI
    * FAST and responsive!
    * Dice animations very cool
    * Art design overall
    * The way units are loaded into transports is brilliant (but it was hard to figure out initially)

    Quality-of-life feature requests:
    * Zooming in-and-out of the map is tiresome. Would be easier if there were like 3 hard zoom levels using the 1-2-3 keys as well as mouse wheel and +/- keys.
    * I can't get used to the flat unit markers when zooming out, so I zoom out to the max before the pieces toggle from detailed to marker and don't like to keep doing this constantly. It would be great if the unit art could be left on with a toggle even at max zoom out.
    * I zoom out when planning large strategies, then zoom in to move units, and I'd like to be able to switch between 2 zoom levels with one key (and also not have the unit art change).
    * When AI is playing, even with following in Very Slow mode, the pan-and-zoom before a battle is so fast that I often can't follow and don't know exactly where the battle is taking place. I would like an option to pause the game before AI attack begins.
    * During AI attacks, I can't participate in defense. I want to roll my own dice and choose which units are lost.
    * It would be fun if there was a save feature so I could try out different strategies without starting the whole game over each time just to run common scenarios.
    * Map editor for creating custom scenarios.

    That being said, the game is fun and I would continue to enjoy it with no changes made.

    I hope you will add other variations of A&A as expansions.

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,839
    edited March 2
    Thanks for the feedback, @twobitcoder. The best way to report bugs is via our Service Desk:

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,839
    Patch #10 for #AxisAllies1942 arrives today!

    ⚒️ More bug fixes (including those affecting Fighters & Aircraft Carriers)
    🗺️ Total Victory vs. AI
    🟢 Player Status Indicators

    Full notes are here.

  • wolveragewolverage Member Posts: 1
    Not that this will EVER been seen by someone who goves a crap, but after losing the uk to germany by chance of 10%, im ready to ask for a refund. Not only does this game show time and time again that there is no mathematics to the die rolls, but if someone can win the game with a pipe dream then why even play....if i the allies cant win by properly defending my territories then why play? This is a 20$ game that is worse than most free to play games out there. How do you make a game that is dependant on dice, and give the mechanic a coin toss outcome. Im not dumb, 10% still is a chance but when they win beating 19 units with 11 and only take 4 loses, its pretty un even to those statistics. Not only that but if im going to lose 85 and 90% battles all game long, than the least i can get is assurance that i wont also lose to the enemy advancing with a 10% chance of winning. The lwast you could do is allow for 3rd party dice rolling apps to be used, or better yet, allow for manual dice play where i can roll my physical dice and select units lost and we can just forget about your crappy mechanic all together.

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,839
    Our May 2020 Patch will launch Season 2.

    You still have a week or so to climb the ranks—before scores reset for a fresh start!
    • Season 1 ranks will show on Player Profiles
    • Season 2 will reset scores to base MMR
    • Players must play in placement matches

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,839
    We’re kicking off Axis & Allies 1942 Online Season 2 with Patch 11!

    🎖️Ranked Ladder Reset
    🧑‍🤝‍🧑Friends List & Profile Updates
    ⚓️Improved Transport Loading & Destination Markers
    🛠️Performance & Server Fixes

    ❗Expect an outage 10am-2pm PT❗

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,839
    Greetings Commanders! We released Patch #12 for Axis & Allies 1942 Online!

    This patch focuses primarily on bug fixes and online stabilization, plus a minor rework of the new Destination Markers introduced last patch. As always, a huge thanks goes out to the community for your continued support and engagement!

    Patch Highlights:
    - UI Improvements to Destination Markers
    - Performance Improvements to Online Co-op with AI
    - Big focus on bug fixes, including squashing the bug that occasionally caused phase skips

    Read on for full details!

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,839
    edited September 24
    Patch 13 arrives today!

    Get patch details & intel on future updates in our latest development letter
    • Season 3 Launch
    • Stability & Bug Fixes
    • Dice Development Plans
    • UI Overhaul News

Sign In or Register to comment.