Skip to content

Beamdog Support is moving to Service Desk

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Hello, everyone!

For several years, we’ve been using Zendesk and Redmine to track reports and provide customer support for our D&D games:
  • Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
  • Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

After a thorough evaluation, we’ve made the decision to move our support and issue tracking into one place: Service Desk. This will help us keep track of all your feedback and reports.

Don’t worry: we'll copy over your existing issues from Zendesk & Redmine. Thanks for all your feedback & reports over the years. Looking forward to hearing from you at the new site:

Beamdog Service Desk
Details
Aerakar[Deleted User]Aedan

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited October 2019
    How can I have a look at the existing tickets (bug reports/feature requests)? Where are them?

Oh wait, guess I need to register first...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Luke93 wrote: »
    How can I have a look at the existing tickets (bug reports/feature requests)? Where are them?

This is not available publicly.
    [Deleted User]Aedan
    Luke93 wrote: »

Oh, that's a pity.

Why? I mean, how can we check if something has already been reported (in order not to make duplicates)?
    kjeron[Deleted User]

Do you have some more info about this?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Service Desk works differently from Redmine, it doesn't show other users' report to users.
    We have now migrated the biggest FAQ troubleshooting articles from Zendesk to the Service Desk:

https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/article/1084882999
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2020
    @JuliusBorisov
    When Redmine was the bug/feature request tool, I opened several tickets (most of the time, they were about the creation of new strings to allow femal translations for some tooltips + some Italian audio tracks that needed to be fixed).
    How can I know if they were ported in Service Desk?
    Post edited by Aedan on
    Aedan wrote: »
    @JuliusBorisov
    When Redmine was the bug/feature request tool, I opened several tickets (most of the time, they were about the creation of new strings to allow femal translations for some tooltips + some Italian audio tracks that needed to be fixed).
    How can I know if they were ported in Service Desk?

As far as I know, the requests regarding the Translation site are documented and known internally. However, any translation-related questions should be sent to loc@beamdog.com.
    Aedan
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Thank you.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Oh. Seems that support has been moved for a while, and I only noticed it very recently.
    One used to be able to send an E-mail to the support to ask for Steam keys after buying a game directly from Beamdog. I tried it these weeks after buying IWD:EE, the message came back, announcing that support had been moved. The site that I found guides me through troubleshooting advice or forms to report bugs or other trouble, it seems. Is there still the option and I just haven't found it?

I mean, I can totally live without the Steam keys for IWD:EE, but it was nice to get them for the other games, so I'm just asking if it's still possible.
    JuliusBorisov
    Arvia wrote: »
    Oh. Seems that support has been moved for a while, and I only noticed it very recently.
    One used to be able to send an E-mail to the support to ask for Steam keys after buying a game directly from Beamdog. I tried it these weeks after buying IWD:EE, the message came back, announcing that support had been moved. The site that I found guides me through troubleshooting advice or forms to report bugs or other trouble, it seems. Is there still the option and I just haven't found it?

I mean, I can totally live without the Steam keys for IWD:EE, but it was nice to get them for the other games, so I'm just asking if it's still possible.

Yes, it's still possible. Shoot your request under IWD & PST on the new site, and our support will get to it.
    Arvia
  • jmd28jmd28 Member Posts: 11
    Hello, I apologize for replying here. I noticed the forums don’t seem to work on safari iOS 14.8, it only shows the OP, but none of the comments. I’m not sure how to report that on service desk. Please see attached. zl59wlmcmy7x.png
    giwi0db10410.png

There’s no obvious way to read comments and chrome on iOS works as expected.
    Hi! The mobile version of the site is not officially supported. You can enable the full version of the site when you're in your browser (there should be a setting to show the full version of the site you're about to load).
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    I opened two bug reports in the Service Desk and they are tagged "closed" the moment I send them. Is this intentional? Aren't you interested in bug reports any more or do I misunderstand the "closed" tag?
    Hi! You should have received an email saying the bug report had been passed to the dev team. We don't have the manpower to manually reply to each ticket.
    jasteyGraionDilach
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @JuliusBorisov ah, I see. The emails took a while so I was confused.
    There is still an open ticket I made earlier, just in case it fell out of the automated forewarding.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JakubMarilynJakubMarilyn Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I recently got Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and after installing error pops out. It says to visit this page. I created account just to write to You. Can you please help me. I tried few solutions that I found on the internet but none of them seems to work.
  • nocluesnoclues Member Posts: 2
    Hi! The mobile version of the site is not officially supported. You can enable the full version of the site when you're in your browser (there should be a setting to show the full version of the site you're about to load).

Hi Julius,

Fair enough, but people on iOS and Safari aren't a small minority. I noticed there are issues with password resets on this new site. (I could be banned though, I don't know, I tried to log in to help out an old friend). It always says the same thing: "Failed to authenticate your password reset request. Try using the reset request form again."
  • RaveAirRaveAir Member Posts: 2
    Unfortunately I can't reach anybody. I have sent many e-mails to the support, because I had finished the Hungarian language translation of the Icewind Dale EE. That would be great if someone can import the texts into the game. Can any help me? Or at least give me a working, support e-mail address, Thank you!
    any translation-related questions should be sent to loc@beamdog.com.

• RaveAirRaveAir Member Posts: 2
    any translation-related questions should be sent to loc@beamdog.com.

I have sent them many times without receiving any answer... :(
  • destinyfatedestinyfate Member Posts: 3
    The ticket system is a bs scam to make you feel like they might actually do something to fix their mistakes. You are already an unpaid beta tester, but they will never fix these games. They took them over and inherited some bugs, then created others. Most crucially, they have broken the command consoles so that we cannot use the work-arounds we originally did, and we have no saved game editors, or at least I cannot find one for PST that works on Win 10. The PST files have the wrong names. Also, they have force modded many games, rather than making that optional. BeamDog is code for "we will screw-up your games".

They would have been better off naming the files the same as in the original, making their modded crap optional, and just updating things that allow these to run on the newer computers, such as untying the timer in the BG games from the Bios Clock.

They do not provide visibility into the ticket system, because they do not work our tickets.
This discussion has been closed.