Skip to content

Jaheira Romance Stuck

Trying to get the romance thing finished before I fight Irenicus, am at the point where Jaheira is told to submit to Harper judgement after we fought that guy in the Harper Hold a while back, and I cannot for the life of me get this to trigger. I was under the impression that using a cheat to advance real time would resolve this problem, but that seems not to work. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get this event to trigger?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Has Meronia actually summoned Jaheira yet? If not, try this console command:

C:SetGlobal("JaheiraBanditPlot","GLOBAL",9)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76336/jaheira-romance-is-stuck-at-a-point
  • DruimNanDeurDruimNanDeur Member Posts: 9
    Has Meronia actually summoned Jaheira yet? If not, try this console command:

C:SetGlobal("JaheiraBanditPlot","GLOBAL",9)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76336/jaheira-romance-is-stuck-at-a-point

Yes, she has. I'm looking for one of the Harpers that shows up after you fight in the Hold the first time, either Reviane or Dermin, I think. I'm at the cusp of Jaheira renouncing her status as a Harper, I believe
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @DruimNanDeur Did Jaheira leave a note for the party yet, saying that she left to face judgement? It only triggers after a rest, POSSIBLY a wilderness rest. Outside De'Arnise keep works. After that you need to rescue her and then rest outside again, IIRC.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @DruimNanDeur Did Jaheira leave a note for the party yet, saying that she left to face judgement? It only triggers after a rest, POSSIBLY a wilderness rest. Outside De'Arnise keep works. After that you need to rescue her and then rest outside again, IIRC.

No, she hasn't, I'm at just before someone comes to make her face judgement, I think
    ThacoBell
    Try doing some area transitions in Athkatla. Some npcs only spawn after changing areas. It might also be a long timer. Note that this ISN'T the infamous real time timer. Only the very last step is real time.
    Try doing some area transitions in Athkatla. Some npcs only spawn after changing areas. It might also be a long timer. Note that this ISN'T the infamous real time timer. Only the very last step is real time.

Alright, I'll try doing that again for good measure, but I don't think I got that to work last time. In the case this doesn't work, is there a command I can type in to make Jaheira's leaving event fire manually?
    @DruimNanDeur I don't, sorry. I have pretty much no knowledge of script triggers with console commands.

Just to double check a couple things:
    Has the bandit ambush happened yet?
    Have you bought the locket from the Docks merchant?
    @DruimNanDeur I don't, sorry. I have pretty much no knowledge of script triggers with console commands.

Just to double check a couple things:
    Has the bandit ambush happened yet?
    Have you bought the locket from the Docks merchant?

Yes, both of those have happened
    ThacoBell
    Everytime I've had the letter from Jaheira leaving to face judgement, it happened in a wilderness map.Good luck.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Actually, looking at the scripts, JaheiraRomance is always a real-time timer variable, and nearly every love talk increment depends on it. Practically all of the love talks and other critical events in the romance path set it to TWELVE_HOURS.

Given the actual wait times I've observed, the only conclusion I can come to is that TWELVE_HOURS is actually far less than twelve hours.

Other advancement requirements:
    LT 8 ("Mmph... no... no... NO!") or non-romance LT 6 ("Nnn... No!"): rest.
    LT 12 ("Mmmmmph..."): rest
    Bandit encounter: rest outdoors, not in a city, romance active.
    Meronia calls Jaheira away: Bandit encounter done, Montaron job done, and LT 26 ("Hm... This is a dangerous life we seem to lead, it does seem.") if romance active. Montaron job done if romance inactive.
    Jaheira returns: seven hours after above.
    LT 28 ("So, what do you think of Amn so far?"): Galvarey dead.
    Reviane appears: LT 34 ("I have been in a similar place as this before, though it was in the company of other Harpers.") with romance or four days after Galvarey without, outdoors.
    Dermin appears: LT 40 ("There is an ill wind in the air) with romance or seven days after Galvarey without, outdoors.
    Dermin returns: Six days after first appearance, outdoors, LT 52 ("How... hm. How did the last battle make you feel?") if romance active.
    Terminsel appears: After second Dermin appearance, rest outdoors. This is the event you seem to be stuck on.
    LT 56 ("Ahh! The dawning of our day!"): rest
    Final Dermin encounter: Two days after first Terminsel appearance, outdoors, LT 56 if romance active.
    LT 64 ("I have... had a realization."): outdoors
    LT 70 ("Good morning! Shall we get ourselves ready for the road?" or "We are ready to move on? I think it best that we get an early start."): rest
    Terminsel returns: one real hour after the final love talk with romance, or a standard wait after the final Dermin encounter without.

The love talks also generally require that you not be in a dungeon
    JuliusBorisov
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    Everytime I've had the letter from Jaheira leaving to face judgement, it happened in a wilderness map.Good luck.

You mean to say you've romanced her MORE than once? That's really strange and unusual.
    @jmerry I don't think that can be the case. I've advanced the romance using CTRL/R, which is just game time. This does not work, however, for the final step, where:
    Terminsel appears
    . For that step, you specifically have to use a command to advance what the game recognizes as real time.

If every step of the romance depended on real time timers, this wouldn't be possible.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    I'm just reporting what's in the scripts.

A standard romance wait: RealSetGlobalTimer("timer", "GLOBAL", "TWELVE_HOURS")
    The final step's wait: RealSetGlobalTimer("timer", "GLOBAL", 3600)

There are a few in-game timers as well, associated with the events that aren't just talking to each other. They're more prominent on the non-romance path.

(All right, the timer variables aren't literally named "timer".)
    @jmerry OK, I have an idea of what might have happened to cause this. I might have just not seen Reviane when the "I was in the company of other Harpers event fired" and she might still be standing around in some wilderness when that LT occurred, unless she's considered a part of it.

If that fails, I suppose my last recourse is to just watch the romance on YouTube, modify my save file to say I've romanced Jaheira, and hope I don't run into similar problems during Throne of Bhaal. If I just want a completed romance on my save, what do I do?
    @DruimNanDeur That's possible. With the EE, npcs will spawn just outside sight range, then walk over to you. A lot of players don't tend to wait around after resting, making for lots of missed triggers. I see it happen a lot with strongholds as well. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to find where said npc would be.

You could try and spawn the npc directly with the console. Someone more knowledgeable than me would have to tell you what command though.
    @ThacoBell OK, spawning Reviane in appears to have worked, and now I guess I'm supposed to just wait for dialogue to show up, which doesn't appear to be happening. Advancing real time doesn't seem to help much, but I'm not sure if I'm inputting the command right, as the code to check romance status I keep seeing when I look it up doesn't seem to work. Is there any way I can just fast forwards with this or modify my save to have the romance completed? I would much rather just go fight Irenicus than all this waiting, think going to that island and then the Underdark before I did the Xzar and Montaron quests probably fucked up the pacing of the romance events. My bad, I guess.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    sometimes you need to successfully rest for jaheira love talks to continue, and sometimes you need to be in town

i remember fixing someone else's jaheira romance while just chillin in the docks district resting and advancing real time by 30 minutes and i was able to get everything to continue as normal
    ThacoBell
    @DruimNanDeur So just to confirm, Reviane had the talk with Jaheira about going back to the harpers to face judgement? I just want to make sure i'm not switching steps in my head.

If that is indeed what happened, you need to rest before the next part will trigger. I don't think it matters where, but a little time does need to pass before it happens. I recommend traveling between the city gates and dearnise hold, resting at each map. It should happen pretty quick.