Skip to content

Oh DLC

Candy_clown2Candy_clown2 Member Posts: 10
So after purchase bg2 ee I noticed some companions are not included. To start with I don't think this is nice, because I thought these would be included at the start. Why even call it ee.. This is exactly what I've been playing 20 years ago on pc. Anyway so I need to buy companion DLC's but the problem here is.. I can't find these. In the main menu of soa there's a purchase content button, but exploring it shows me one new companion can be bought (now?) and I'm not really interested in that one. Where is clara or hexxat? Where can I buy her so I can have at least half an evil party?..
Post edited by Candy_clown2 on

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Are you on tablet or phone? The characters are included on pc.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    If you have the EE characters, here's where to meet them for the first time in BG2.
    Dorn: Temple District, near the Radiant Heart building.
    Hexxat: Copper Coronet, near the bar.
    Neera: Bridge District, near where you come in. You need to clear out a minor encounter first, so it's the second pass at that area.
    Rasaad: Trademeet, near the fountain.

The vagaries of how the system lets you buy DLC on the mobile versions... I have no idea. I play on a Mac, where the characters were included from the start.

The EE does incorporate some bugfixes from the original and a generally improved interface. In BG1, they also made some efforts to provide a wider range of good weapons, so there aren't any dud choices in weapon specializations.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The price of the game on mobile is $9.99 USD instead of $19.99 USD on PC. This is why Neera, Dorn and Hexxat are IAPs on mobile. The one you're looking for has a picture with someone with a hood.
  • Candy_clown2Candy_clown2 Member Posts: 10
    I'm on tablet. I thought these characters would be included. I thought the price was because it's actually a download and I don't get any cd's. I know clara or hexxat should be in the copper coronet. But besides all of this I want to know where I can buy the other companions, all I see available to buy is one new companion and I forgot it's name. How can I get hexxat? Where can I download her?
    It's disgusting to buy and to have to buy companions imo.
    It's disgusting even with these we can't have a full party with evil characters.

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited July 2020
    You can download npc mods for free if it bothers you so much.
    Post edited by DJKajuru on
    ThacoBellTresset
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm on tablet. I thought these characters would be included. I thought the price was because it's actually a download and I don't get any cd's. I know clara or hexxat should be in the copper coronet. But besides all of this I want to know where I can buy the other companions, all I see available to buy is one new companion and I forgot it's name. How can I get hexxat? Where can I download her?
    It's disgusting to buy and to have to buy companions imo.
    It's disgusting even with these we can't have a full party with evil characters.

Most "Physical" versions of games bought these days just come with a Steam code anyway, so its a download no matter what. Besides, you got a full game for half price. Buy the characters and you spend as much as everyone else.
    Tresset
  • Candy_clown2Candy_clown2 Member Posts: 10
    Tresset wrote: »

Lets see... There is Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, Dorn, Hexxat, and one space for the main character... Yup... Totally impossible to have a full party of evil characters...

It is, because hexxat and dorn are not included. I've quit on it and started a true neutral character.
    I'm not sure I've spend as much as everybody else because I also bought bg1, tales of the sword coast, bg2 and throne of bhaal 20 years ago on cd. They didn't survive because I've played so many times. Anyway now I've downloaded bg1 which seems to include tales of the sword coast, I'm happy again because I've got everything I've got in the past. Thank you beamdog for these great ports to android. Also I've found hexxat and the others to download, maybe later. I didn't notice the button there, sorry.
    JuliusBorisov