Skip to content

[MOD LIST] Lava's released EE mods

13»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    Is there a lot of experience points for doing the quests? I've installed the colors of infinity one, and whatever else I could find on lavas website.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    It's not the priority. I have this project somewhere, it's been a while since I worked on it. It's not big, some parts were already written, but then I hit a moment when I realized that I need to consider more than one interpretation of the in-game events... Anyway, it's not dead, but I want to release some other updates and the Tangled Oak Isle first.
  • LillohXaviLillohXavi Member Posts: 16
    I absolutely love your Viconia update, LavaDelVortel :-)

I fell en love with Viconia many years ago and have downloaded Viconia revamped - The Cleric-Thief variant is what I want and I have been playing for a while.

However I just ran into an issue - Viconia seems to not benefit from any item that adds bonus to her thief skills (have tried Worn Whispers and her spell: Hand of Shar). Her % stays the same. Is that a known thing?

--- I have these mods installed:
    dlcmerger
    iwdification
    stratgems
    viconiarvamped
    rr (rogue reb.)
    cdtweaks
    stratagems
    process_strref

I hope you can help?
    Regards...

edited July 2020
    I have no idea why such thing would happen. There is a loooong awaited update for this mod so keep your eyes open. I am afraid I have no idea what would cause such poblems, because game considers thieving abilities stats and such items just increase/decease/set them and I never ever modified how that works.

However, I will check how she behaves in my game as I have her in party and I have this mod installed.
    Thank you for the swift reply.
    That sure does sound odd yes when it should be a simple +/- element.
    If I put the boots on Imoen it works as supposed to.
    I will be on a lookout for your update for sure! :-) thanks.
    Can anyone tell me what Viconia BG2 starting thief skills are (cleric/thief), so I can build her in BG1 for a realistic playthrough?
    I know I posted this just above, but can anyone help me with Viconia's (viconia revamped: multi: cleric/thief) starting points in BG2 -
    1) THIEF skills
    2) WEAPON PROFICIENCIES?
    @LillohXavi - it depends on exact level, kit etc. There are tables online that give you exact numbers (starting + progression):
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Thief

As for weapon restrictions:
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Cleric_/_Thief

And then, there are mods that modify all of those.
    Thank you again for the response.
    My question though was more specific - Viconia's starting proficiencies BG1 is changed from: sling*, mace* to: sling*, club*. I can't conotrol that (without mods ofcourse, which I think is cool. I like not being able to design for optimization). The change to club I imagine is to give Viconia a backstabbing weapon, which mace is not. I like that. I thought that starting BG2 she will be level 7-8+ max a couple of levels. Her next weapon proficiency point is 12th level. Again out of my control. I dont know anything about designing mods and I apologoze for demonstrating that :-) But I would think that she has a new "base" design - which only wary depending on how late you add her to the group (mainCHA-XP).
  • galgringalgrin Member Posts: 2
    Hi, amazing work
    Just reading this list makes me want to start a new campaign.
    Would you recommend installing all of them in the same run?
    Hey! Thanks!

I'm not sure there's point to install every single mod :) Especially when it comes to NPCs. Decide which of them you find interesting and consider joining. When it comes to quests: they are all compatible with each other. I myself think Athkatlan Ground mods are way better than others. CoI mods aren't as lore-friendly as AG, but I am unsure how important lore is for you.
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Dear Lava, I have many of your mods installed and never had an issue. However I installed your Weasles! mod and tried the 'Summon weasles' spell for the first time and it crashed to desktop. An error log was created as a .dmp file which is obviously of no help to anyone. There was also a magical cloak that summoned weasles, with the same CDT.

Any ideas? I'm using 2.6.6 of EE, SCS is in there as well.
    There is something most likely wrong with the animation of weasels on your setup. I just tested it on BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE and I couldn't reproduce it. There are two options:
    a) do not use that spell / item / scroll
    b) use one of the editors to change weasels' cres' (I think those are L#176w1, L#176w2, L#577w1) animations to an original one like a squirrel animation -- to make it work properly, you need to do it yourself, so the strings (like item name etc) remained the same.
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Cheers Lava.
    'Spose I better start reading up on how to use Near Infinity.
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    Hello Lava, I see you're still very busy. I think you've done about 7 mods since I last checked, and many of them even have new maps. I was fiddling around with this mod called NPC_EE, and I'll explain it to you if you don't recognize it. It gives the characters a book in their inventory that lets me rebuild anybody into any attribute, proficiency and class combination that are possible in the character creation menu, but the real interesting part is that it showed me classes that are not on the character creation menu. I checked with the one kit mod I had installed and I don't recognize them, however I DO have a lot of the mods you have made. I wasn't able to find the custom classes in the game files and I don't know what to google for, so I'm asking you if class names like sword dancer of Eelistrae and hoarder of astilabor are familiar to you?
    I know what that mod does, and it allows you to pick kits that you're not supposed to get. The Eilistraee's kit is part of Eilistraee's Song and you should be able to get it only once you reach Eilistraee's Clearing and you meet the other conditions.

The Hoarder of Astilabor is a kit of Afu-Zuuvi, the optional kobold companion from the Journey to Whin Hill mod.

And that's the problem - the mod shows ALL kits, even if you should not be able to pick them yourself. In some instances that can mess things up, for example if they are not coded with PC on mind (like Foundling's kit or Hephernaan's).
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    Well I applaud you for the hoarder kit. Weaponized money is definitely a cool concept that I want to experience some day. God only knows the game really gives me enough of it to use as a weapon, so much gold that Smaug the dragon would be jealous.
    If you like the idea, then you should try out Afu :)
    https://downloads.weaselmods.net/download/the-journey-to-the-whin-hill/
    Cheers!
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    Not important or urgent, but there's a small problem with Viconia Revamped. The compatibility components for Faith & Powers (to apply the Dark Cloak of Shar kit) is looking for an old component ID from version v75.28, but F&P updated some time ago (v86.02 as of now). I've easily fixed it by changing the 330 in this line to 31, although that might not be the right fix.
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE (MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~Faiths_and_Powers.tp2~ 330) @104 // Requires the Acolyte of Shar component from "Faiths and Powers".

That aside, a staple tweak. It has been pretty convenient to give Vicky even a small bit of thief for background reasons by default without need of reclass/relevel mods.
    I may take a look at it at some point, but can't say when exactly.
    Cheers!
  • ar0nar0n Member Posts: 14
    Hey @LavaDelVortel thank you for all your work, I am a true admirer and can’t imagine playing without your content at this point!

One question, if I may - do you ever plan to revive and update the InfinityKits mod (it does not seem to work on the EE game)? It looks super interesting and I’d love to try my luck playing as a stray dog or bard arsonist one day :)
    You know, I was the person who provided the ideas for these kits, it was EmPhasis who made it happen. Some may be outdated and I am unsure how they would work today. Anyway, that isn't exactly my mod... They are somewhere at SHS, right? Since I am not planning to do anything with the mod, it was uploaded by someone else, then it may be SHS Staff to decide, but if it's only making them work on EE and not about changing the content, it would qualify as mod resurrection, right?

If so, you may want to ask EmPhasis and/or someone at SHS and check this place as if no one will be against it, then it may be the right place, maybe? :)

Cheers! And thanks for your kind words!
  • ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 36
    For you, Lava, good reading !
    When you asked me to look at this, I thought you would send it using a private message, huh. I'll contact you when I have a moment.