Skip to content

[Mod] DnD 3.5 Rules in Bg:EE and Bg2:EE v 2.0

Comments

• ArguszArgusz Member Posts: 24
    @Holic , 1 further question (for IWD:EE version). Does the Turn Undead ability function as normal with Clerics, Paladins and multiclass Clerics? It's not listed on the ReadMe, but the button is still available.
  • HolicHolic Member Posts: 66
    @Argusz Normally it should not be available.
    Holic wrote: »
    @Argusz Normally it should not be available.

Did they do away with that in 3rd ed?

What's the best way to deal with undead at early levels?
    Yes in 3.5 they should be grayed out. Clerics should have channel energy to deal with undead.
    @Holic Does changing Difficulty level to Insane have any effect on the mod?
    @Argusz, same as on unmoded game.
  • majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    Is this mod compatible with any other popular mod?
  • CeleborneCeleborne Member Posts: 7
    I'm having an issue with BG2 where the game hangs in the intro where Irenicus leaves and Imoen comes to open PChar's cell. She gets to the door and starts discoing, almost like she's continually failing disable device or something. Fresh install with no other mods besides 3.5 overhaul and C console enabled. Help?
    @Holic I've tried everything in the mundane sense under the sun to get this to work (Fresh install, several iterations at downloading different mod versions, etc.) No other mods installed besides 3.5 overhaul and the console enabled. My game (BGII EE from Beamdog Client) hangs in the beginning where Imoen goes to open the Player Char's cell door. Please help!
    Okay, for anyone who might experience the aforementioned issue...

If you let it sit long enough during the scene where Imoen hangs on opening Player Character's door, it will eventually kick over and continue with the opening scene.

@Holic - I made a Kensai. It is understood that they may focus in one weapon, however, the restriction also applies when picking style feats like two weapon fighting, two handed style, etc. as well as other feat trees like combat prowess, tactics, etc. As I understand it, these shouldn't be restricted - only the weapon that a Kensai may take feats for specifically. Not sure if there's any way to facilitate this distinction.

So far that's what I've run into.

Also, there is a dialogue for picking spell scrolls that pops up, but no indication as to WHO the spell scrolls are for in the dialogue. I'm sure this could get confusing for a party with multiple arcane casters.

Cheers,

Celeborne
    @Holic - any idea why my Fighter/Cleric stopped gaining XP @ 5,500,000? It came just before reaching level 25, exactly 30,000 short.

I am at the Caverns under Castle Maluradek in the Trials of the Luremaster expansion for IWD:EE, and my party just got an 840,000 reward (on Insane difficulty) for solving a Mouth Door puzzle, and each of my other party members received the xp, my multi-classed Human F/C did not.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Argusz wrote: »
    @Holic - any idea why my Fighter/Cleric stopped gaining XP @ 5,500,000? It came just before reaching level 25, exactly 30,000 short.

F/C multiclass XP cap in IWDEE is 11,000,000, split 2 ways is 5,500,000.
    kjeron wrote: »
    F/C multiclass XP cap in IWDEE is 11,000,000, split 2 ways is 5,500,000.

So this mod does not supersede that limit?

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Argusz wrote: »
    So this mod does not supersede that limit?
    It looks like an oversight - it's missing the XPCAP.2da file for IWDEE, while it has one for BGEE and BG2EE.
    kjeron wrote: »
    It looks like an oversight - it's missing the XPCAP.2da file for IWDEE, while it has one for BGEE and BG2EE.
    Hmm... any idea where to acquire?
    Trying to use Near Infinity, but I have no idea what file it needs to look for...
    Ah, HAH!! OK, so I just had to make sure and open it inside the game dir.

Simply edited the file so the f/c xp limit is 15,000,000 like most other classes.

Thank you @Holic for the pm, and thank you @kjeron for the info.
    Finally finished IWD, HoW, and TotL using this. Took my time, spent a good few weeks, soaking up all the memories. Got my party all the way to level 27 (though I didn't remember to set it to Insane until halfway through IWD).

Just wanted to say THANKS to @Holic for the great mod! I always love replaying these games, and this made it that much more fun. I literally had the relevant tables and stats printed up next to the monitor so I wouldn't have to alt tab, lol.

Great work, man.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @Holic hey did you stop working on your mod?
  • KaptinKaptin Member Posts: 10
    Is this mod compatible with Ascension? Or Longer roads?
    This mod breaks a lot in both games 1) flesh golems in the wizard tower always turns hostile at you 2) during ambush with Dorn camera gets locked on one of those bandits 3) certain enemies are overpowered for instance Silke is now capable of one shooting your entire party that wasn't possible in vanilla 3) many enemies which were even in SCS fairly balanced are absolutely broken I don't understand how can mage who is supposed to be really weak in close fight without ability to cast magic deal crazy damage this mod really need big tweaks.
    Anyway, for people, I would recommend this mod as a supplement for this mod its warlock from 3.5 https://artisans-corner.com/warlock/
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Compatible with EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) mod?
  • MrowaksuMrowaksu Member Posts: 2
    This mod works great in Icewind Dale EE but it is no longer functional in BG2 or BG1 with Dragonspeare add on. In BG2 yoiu cannot go past first cutscene when Imoen is stuck on endless loop trying to interact with the cage. In BG1 it does not supply any of the new classes.

Is there a waorkaround or a way to fix this?
  • GingjaGingja Member Posts: 3
    There is a couple of things you can do that worked for me.
    1. Given some time the invisible creature that triggers scripts for your character despawns which let's Imoen trigger her scene. Problem here is that you miss out on whatever that script would so for your character.
    2. Load your character into The Black Pits. The scripts will trigger before the opening scene and once you're done you can export your character and import into the main campaign. If my memory serves me right, the only downside is you'll be a level or 2 higher.

Hope it helps!
  • majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    I recently complete full bg2 EE playthrought on recent patch with this mod. Lot of crashes but with a lot of quick save its playable.
  • OboylebeastOboylebeast Member Posts: 1
    I have downloaded the mod, and installed it. I'm playing on Icewind Dale ee, and it mostly runs smooth until I try to level up. The area with the - + to add skills/feats is berried under the scroll and partially not visible. So I get stuck on the level screen and can't progress. I tried changing font size, and can't seem to change the screen size. Any work around or advice would help. I'm reinstalling some of it to see if that helps, but this would be the 3rd reinstall. Thank you.
  • ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    @Oboylebeast I'm trying out this mod on IWD:EE myself and just ran into this. I found that I could click slightly to the left of where the +/- buttons ought to be visually and the game accepts that as the button imput.
  • CyrusNightCyrusNight Member Posts: 1
    Love the mod but I've been having a ton of issues with stability. The game regularly crashes on me when trying to save or transition areas. I can normally play for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour without much issue. Often the crash just happens without warning, but sometimes the game will slow down to ~12fps and then crash when attempting to save or transition to new areas. I haven't been able to figure out the cause for it. This has all been on clean installs with no other mods installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to do a full run through with this overhaul, but haven't been able to get past Beregost just out of frustration with the crashing.
  • WhisperKnightWhisperKnight Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    This mod is extremely cool! I've been playing BG1EE with it (not long though), and I like it a lot.

However, I've tried to install it onto BG2EE, and it doesn't seem to wanna install. It hangs on [Creatures regularization]. No error messages, it just stays there for hours and does nothing. I tried to skip it, but then it hung on [More powerful enemies]. Then I tried to bypass both, and it went through. I don't seem to remember this issue with BG1EE. I'm currently going to leave it running all day, see if it just needed time. I think it's already been three hours with no change.

Are those two components just REALLY big for BG2EE?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: So, uh, I was trying it again, and after a few hours (didn't time it) and getting annoying, literally, just as I had my cursor on "Abort Installation" (using Project Infinity), it started going again.

I suppose I needed patience. Still, I think I had waited far longer last time. I don't see a way to delete this message, so I'll just say: if you're having issues with the install hanging, just wait a looooong time. Maybe it'll spring back.
    Post edited by WhisperKnight on