Skip to content

The Road to 2.6 | Can you download and start Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 2.6 Beta on Steam?

13»

Comments

• BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    jastey wrote: »
    @BelegCuthalion Yes I explicitely did this for BG:EE without SoD as I though this thread is meant this way.
    SoD is treated as a DLC to BG:EE in Steam. For me, if I open the BG:EE in Steam, it lists SoD below with a link saying "Manage your DLC here". Going there I can "Manage your DLC" and there I can toggle "Enabled" which I deactivated to get only BG:EE.

EDIT: Yes, for the BG:EE game in an SoD game, the German menue for creating a new PC is complete with text.

@jastey thanks for the explanation how to get BG:EE without SOD.

i can confirm the problem now:
    - disabled SOD in steam client
    - run BG:EE 2.6.0.0
    - Intro and main menu shows up (with sound and music)
    - Switch to german language and restart to be sure
    - Start single player, create a new game and character
    - first attempt: i made it to the gender choice (and could read the german description for it). next step showed only one character and the game crashed to windows (no dump message etc. here)
    - second attempt: crash at the gender choice, so it seems to be random?
    - load a save game of candlekeep created before with sod: crash while loading.
    - switch back to english: everything works fine
    - switch back to SOD: english and german works fine

--> so this is only BG:EE german related (maybe other languages too?)

@JuliusBorisov:
    which game version are we supposed to test?
    - BG:EE (Candlekeep)
    - BG:SOD (Candlekeep and/or SOD start dungeon)
    JuliusBorisov
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    System:    Kernel: 5.4.0-40-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.6.6 
               wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal 
    CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-3770K bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Ivy Bridge 
               rev: 9 L2 cache: 8192 KiB 
               flags: avx lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 55874 
               Speed: 3699 MHz min/max: 1600/3900 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 3709 2: 3710 3: 3697 
               4: 3710 5: 3700 6: 3711 7: 3705 8: 3702
    Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA GP104 [GeForce GTX 1080] driver: nvidia v: 440.100 bus ID: 01:00.0 
               chip ID: 10de:1b80 
               Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: nvidia 
               unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,nouveau,vesa resolution: 2560x1080~60Hz 
               OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 440.100 direct render: Yes

Can you launch Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on your device?
    No. Program fails to initiate at all for me.

Can you launch Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition with the Siege of Dragonspear DLC enabled on your device?
    No. Same as above. Program fails to initiate and terminates itself automatically in a matter of seconds.
    JuliusBorisov
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    edited July 2020
    Downloaded BGEE+SoD with 2.6 patch and everything launched without any problems. No weird behavior or problems with starting a new game.

Processor
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor

Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

RAM
    16 GB

Operating System
    Windows 10

Do the graphics display correctly?
    Yep

Do you hear sounds?
    Yep

Does the music play?
    It does
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
    JuliusBorisov
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    I installed the game via Steam and when I hit "start game" in the Steam App nothing happens.
    When I locate the "Baldur.exe" and try to start the game manualy, I get the following error code: "0xc000007b". (Screenshot attached)
    - The Massage stays the same with "BGEE" and "BGEE SOD".

I never saw this kind of massage, but normaly I play via Legacy Installer / GoG, or Beamdog launcher.
    I have an EET installation installed via Beamdog Launcher and it runs like a Charm, so I guess, the error has something to do with Steam, or the Update.

Im playing on a Notebook with 2 GPUs, one is the "Intel HD 630" and the other is the "Nvidia 1050ti".
    Maybe it has something to do with that combination. (I tried with both GPUs)

Im running on Widows 10 64 bit professional, build 1909 (18363.959)
    My CPU is the "Intel 7700", 3,6 Ghz
    32 Gb Ram
    "Intel HD 630" & "Nvidia 1050ti"
    Corsair Force MP510
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Out of it this morning, and I thought the thread said "Road to 2.8" for a few minutes. I was very confused.
    BelegCuthalionTarotRedhand
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    argent77 wrote: »
    Objective #1: Hardware Compatibility Test (Duration: 10min)

My system: OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (64-bit), CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.20 GHz, RAM: 32 GB, GPU (reported by the game): OpenGL version 4.6.13587 Compatibility Profile Context 20.4.2 26.20.15029.27017 - build XXXX running on Radeon RX 580 Series driver provided by ATI Technologies, Inc.

Testing the game on my secondary system: Linux openSUSE Tumbleweed (same hardware specs)

No. The game fails to start with the following error message:
    ./BaldursGate: symbol lookup error: ./BaldursGate: undefined symbol: SSL_export_keying_material, version OPENSSL_1.0.1

After manually compiling and using an older OpenSSL version (v1.0.2) the game start the initialization process, but fails with a segmentation fault afterwards:
    ./BaldursGate: ./libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./BaldursGate)
    ./BaldursGate: ./libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./BaldursGate)
    ./BaldursGate: ./libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./BaldursGate)
    INFO: status: 1
    INFO: error: cannot open file pointer: No such file or directory
    INFO: Creating DPWrapper
    INFO: Steam not found
    INFO: scanning:(0) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/override
    INFO: scanning:(1) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/scripts
    INFO: scanning:(2) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/sounds
    INFO: scanning:(3) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/lang/en_US/sounds
    INFO: scanning:(4) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/portraits
    INFO: scanning:(5) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/characters
    INFO: scanning:(6) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/movies
    INFO: scanning:(7) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/lang/en_US/movies
    INFO: scanning:(8) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/override
    INFO: scanning:(9) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/scripts
    INFO: scanning:(10) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/sounds
    INFO: scanning:(11) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/portraits
    INFO: scanning:(12) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/characters
    INFO: scanning:(13) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/movies
    INFO: mounting archive: sod-dlc.zip
    INFO: scanning:(0) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/override
    INFO: scanning:(1) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/scripts
    INFO: scanning:(2) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/sounds
    INFO: scanning:(3) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/lang/en_US/sounds
    INFO: scanning:(4) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/portraits
    INFO: scanning:(5) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/characters
    INFO: scanning:(6) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/movies
    INFO: scanning:(7) /home/argent77/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/lang/en_US/movies
    INFO: scanning:(8) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/override
    INFO: scanning:(9) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/scripts
    INFO: scanning:(10) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/sounds
    INFO: scanning:(11) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/portraits
    INFO: scanning:(12) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/characters
    INFO: scanning:(13) /home/argent77/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/movies
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: PLAY_GAME_BUTTON
    INFO: LUA: UI string not found: Recent events text will go here.
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It doesn't make a difference whether SoD DLC is enabled or not.
    anastielJuliusBorisov
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Downloaded and launched 2.6 without any issues. When starting a new game, the prologue text crawl ("Nestled atop the cliffs that rise from the Sword Coast...") has the text scroll by extremely quickly, a lot faster than I've noticed in previous versions and than what the voice can keep up with. Other than that I didn't notice any oddities.

Yes

Do you hear sounds?
    Yes

Does the music play?
    Yes

Processor: Intel i7-4790

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 4GB

RAM: 16GB

JuliusBorisov
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    CamDawg wrote: »
    Romeo_Red wrote: »
    Does the music play?
    Mostly yes, but there is no music in Candlekeep. After leaving Candlekeep, the music starts to play normally.
    Mokona wrote: »
    >Does the music play?
    Yes, but not in Candlekeep for some reason. Seems to work everywhere else.

Candlekeep doesn't have a music soundtrack in the prologue--this goes back to the original game. It does have a soundtrack when you return later in the game.

To everyone still reporting "No music in Candlekeep.", This is the reason why if you are playing through the prologue. Please be specific reporting whether or not you hear music in Candlekeep after the prologue. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
  • puleyopuleyo Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I'd like to know if the 2.6 patch will be available on GOG too.
    Thank you
    Actarus
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    puleyo wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thank you
    Eventually the patch will come to all platforms but I don't know if the beta of the patch will be available on other platforms than Steam.

ThacoBell
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    edited July 2020
    puleyo wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thank you

I already asked that some days ago but haven't received a 100 % sure answer so far.
    I'd love to contribute but only own the GOG version as well.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited July 2020
    Objective #1: Hardware Compatibility Test
    • Can you launch Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on your device? Yes
    • Do the graphics display correctly? Yes
    • Do you hear sounds? Yes
    • Does the music play? Yes
    No problem to report on my end!
    My computer specs:

fxcuij6bhcee.png
    5iw9r68054ms.png
    JuliusBorisovProontanastiel
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    It's working on my Windows 7 machine.
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    Hi, I didnt start on BG EE yet but I did on Icewind Dale EE but I hope its no problem. So for me for now:

Objectives:
    Can you launch game?
    Yes
    Yes
    Do you hear sounds?
    Yes
    Does the music play?
    Yes

Comments:
    - I started with polish language then I changed on english and I had a crash to desktop. I started again on english everything was ok, but in game when I opened the char stats Biography of the character was in polish language.

You doing great Im waiting for Icewind dale 3 or new additonal content to BG 1 & 2 EE. SOD is cool!

By Moradin's Hammer! Watch now!
    Hafir half-elf warrior fluent in art of magical and priestly incantation, embarks on a dangerous journey to learn his heritage.
    Hafir starts his preparation to leave Candlekeep. [Hidden content to find]
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Can I launch the game?
    No. In fact, I cannot even download it (the download halts in about halfway and resuming the download doesn't do a thing, as it immediately halts again). It happens both with version 2.6 beta and with standard download, somehow.

Basically, my game was heavily modded so I thought I'll re-install it so that mods wouldn't be a factor with 2.6 version. What ended up happening, I can't finish downloading neither 2.6 beta nor standard up-to-date versions.
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    Hello again,
    I did the same with Baldur's Gate.
    Here you can see results.

Objectives all of them accomplished.

Only few information: The mouse button is allright, I think it's because of compresion of file has changed.
    But I don't know it's a bug or not but you can create default character by rejecting to import character file, and the throws of dice are not appearing automaticly you have to manage that sometimes.

It's really great that you can see avatars in dialogues!

By Moradin's Hammer! Watch now!
    Hafir half-elf the warrior fluent in the art of magical and priestly incantation, embarks on a dangerous journey to learn his heritage.
    Hafir is leaving Candlekeep! [Hidden content to find]
    JuliusBorisov
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    Can you play the game - yes
    Do you hear sounds - yes
    Does the music play - yes

Windows 10 Pro (64bit), i7-8700k 3.7GHz, 16gb ram, GeForce RTX 2060
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    O_Bruce wrote: »
    Can I launch the game?
    No. In fact, I cannot even download it (the download halts in about halfway and resuming the download doesn't do a thing, as it immediately halts again). It happens both with version 2.6 beta and with standard download, somehow.

Basically, my game was heavily modded so I thought I'll re-install it so that mods wouldn't be a factor with 2.6 version. What ended up happening, I can't finish downloading neither 2.6 beta nor standard up-to-date versions.

This does sound odd. Delete game files manually, relaunch Steam maybe?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Deleting the files manually doesn't work since there are no files in the folder while the game halts downloading:
    wbg16ynbh7h2.png

Relaunching Steam doesn't do a thing. Downloading the game in different languages isn't doing anything.
    I guess on the bright side this is a contribution to testing.

Also, for a good measure, my PC specification:
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 16GB Ram DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, motherboard: B450-A PRO MAX (MS-7B86)
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    - Yes. However, I have SOD enabled.

- Yes.

Do you hear sounds?
    - Yes.

Does the music play?
    - Once I enter Winthrop's Inn? Yes.
  • CaptivatingCaptivating Member Posts: 1
    Can you launch Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on your device? yes
    Do the graphics display correctly? yes
    Do you hear sounds? yes
    Does the music play? yes
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks a lot to you all for the feedback! We're moving to Objective #2.
    anastielSCARY_WIZARD
This discussion has been closed.