Skip to content

Can you launch Baldur's Gate 2.6.0.1 on Steam for Windows or macOS?

CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
Hi everyone, I've updated the macOS version with the latest openal and steam sdk's and did a bunch of clean up to compile and code sign with the latest xcode. hardened runtime is enabled, but app sandbox is not.

Please give it a try if you have a chance, and let me know if you have any issues with the steam overlay or other steam functions. The version number is now 2.6.0.1

Thanks!
  1. Can you launch Baldur's Gate 2.6.0.1 on Steam for Windows or macOS?69 votes
    1. I have successfully launched Baldur's Gate on Windows and saw 2.6.0.1 at the start screen
      59.42%
    2. I have successfully launched Baldur's Gate on macOS and saw 2.6.0.1 at the start screen
        4.35%
    3. I was unable to get to the start screen. (please explain)
        5.80%
    4. I am not a Steam customer or unable to help test at this time
      30.43%
hook71JuliusBorisovanastiel

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Launching works. Coincidentally in 2.6.0.1. the issues with the save games not having any portraits or screenshots is also fixed :)
    JuliusBorisovCameronTofer
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    I have successfully launched Baldur's Gate on Windows.
    CameronTofer
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    For some reason it queued the update instead of updating immediately. Once I noticed that I just downloaded the updated.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Looks good.
    CameronTofer
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    On Windows 7 with Siege of Dragonspear installed it worked.
    CameronTofer
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited August 2020
    Launched it, created a new character loaded an old character all seems good. Windows 10 laptop here.

I did find 'placeholder' get added to the journal after chatting to Tethril but I know this is only for boot up problems at the moment :)

Kinda waiting for more intesive testing I want to take my Gnome Wizard Slayer Bramkeshi and Dwarven Bounty Hunter Westthicket through the game now :p

Also Steam overlay appeared fine, took a screenshot and it detected my ps4 controller config when I booted it.
    Post edited by spacejaws on
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Works for me. Windows 10. SoD. Steam Overlay showed up.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Launching works. Coincidentally in 2.6.0.1. the issues with the save games not having any portraits or screenshots is also fixed :)

my new save games are getting this problem with missing portraits and screenshots

other than that, everything loads up just fine, with the correct version showing up on windows 10
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Tried my luck with Linux... to no avail. *sigh*
  • ArkieArkie Member Posts: 9
    Now I can launch both BG1:EE and SoD. Steam Overlay showing up.
  • GlaciaruzGlaciaruz Member Posts: 11
    I can launch the game, and load my savegame, but the game still suffers from the various problems mentioned in my previous post: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1139602#Comment_1139602
    Romeo_Red
  • Romeo_RedRomeo_Red Member Posts: 14
    Glaciaruz wrote: »
    I can launch the game, and load my savegame, but the game still suffers from the various problems mentioned in my previous post: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1139602#Comment_1139602

Same here.
    Glaciaruz
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I've got my steam keys. And here is my contribution.
    lroumen
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    edited August 2020
    I have successfully launched Baldur's Gate on Windows and saw 2.6.0.1 at the start screen. However, upon saving a newly created game, the area and portrait previews aren't created. The save folder contains only the GAM and SAV files. Also, pressing the "prt sc" (print screen) key doesn't create a screenshot in the <.\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\ScrnShot> folder as expected. These issues are the same as I reported on v2.6, and now I have been able to reliably reproduce the issue. I have filed a bug report.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    I have successfully launched BG:EE 2.6.0.1 on Windows 8.1 and could save and load savegames including old saves from 2.5. Both for English and German game languages.

PC creation worked fine for German (all text displayed correctly).
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    Still get the same error. :(
    My other EET Instalation works fine.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1139435/#Comment_1139435
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Derp - clicked on the wrong response.

Starts up fine on MacOS, and I can load a save game
    JuliusBorisov
  • hazschhazsch Member Posts: 3
    I think this is more of a me problem now:
    wzufetcfbzvl.png
    It's a little disappointing because Baldur's Gate has always been able to run on the potato-iest of computers, but I'm also buying a new PC next month so I'm not all too fussed, personally.
    JuliusBorisovCameronTofer
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    hazsch wrote: »
    I think this is more of a me problem now:
    wzufetcfbzvl.png
    It's a little disappointing because Baldur's Gate has always been able to run on the potato-iest of computers, but I'm also buying a new PC next month so I'm not all too fussed, personally.

Thank you for letting me know. I will try to change the minimum version to 10.9 for the next update.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    I've updated the build. version is now 2.6.0.2 the only change is the minimum macOS version required. should now be 10.9
    DoubledimasJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    It worked for me on Windows 10, saw 2.6.0.2
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    2.6.0.2. for me gives a regression to the issue on 2.6.0.0. where there are no screenshot and portraits shown and saved when making a save game.
  • hazschhazsch Member Posts: 3
    I've updated the build. version is now 2.6.0.2 the only change is the minimum macOS version required. should now be 10.9

I've updated it and it's still telling me the minimum requirement is 10.15. Same error as before.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    2.6.0.2. for me gives a regression to the issue on 2.6.0.0. where there are no screenshot and portraits shown and saved when making a save game.

For me, if I download the game through Steam, exit the Steam client immediately, and then start the game by directly running the EXE, I get no graphics in the saves. Once I run the game through the steam client the first time, the save graphics will be created, even if I subsequently run the game directly. I previously filed a ticket. It may be that downloading an update is the equivalent of freshly downloading the game in terms of resetting the erroneous behavior.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    As a bit of an update on the 2.6 beta, we're blocked by the build system at the moment. We're working on solving that issue.

We think the Linux build is possibly fixed but we can't test and upload it because of the build system issue. We'll keep you all informed about the progress when this progress is made.
    jasteyPokotaProontCerevant
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    I was able to launch and load up an old save without any issues on Windows.
    JuliusBorisov
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Windows 10 work fine.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    It works for me on Windows 10, but I saw 2.6.0.2.
    JuliusBorisov
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    How is going?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We're still blocked. Waiting for the hardware to arrive. So no progress on the beta for now.
    Aedan
This discussion has been closed.