Skip to content

8193.15 - the biggest NWN:EE update since its release

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
We’ve just released patch 8193.15 for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition!

This is the biggest update to NWN:EE since its original release in 2018:

⚡️New Lighting Engine
?New Water & Grass Rendering
⚙️New Toolset Assets
⚒️More Features & Fixes

http://bit.ly/NWN8193_15
anastielAedanStummvonBordwehrgrom56BelegCuthalionFlashburnSylvus_Moonbowgugulug5000Ludwig_IIronaldobleusteelAaemforeverDerpCityNight76AciferSkatanJFKVixentNasherhook71Timbo0o0o0OlvynChuruRik_KirtaniyaIllustairRedRodent

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Congrats!
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Potential embarrassment warning. Either my Twitter account is playing up or this happened.

This big patch was announced on twitter by the nwvault before BD announced it on there. OK so the BD announcement was prettier but...

TR
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Saw something about the Toolset; is it available for Mac now?
  • NasherNasher Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 123
    edited September 2020
    Congrats, but when is it coming to GoG?
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Sadly, it seems like the new portraits from Darkness Over Daggerford are still locked behind that premium module.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Nasher wrote: »
    Congrats, but when is it coming to GoG?

It was released there at the same time. You have to use Galaxy to download the update. It's up to GOG on when they update offline installers.
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    The 255 error still isn't fixed. It used to be without problem.
    Trixter wrote: »
    The 255 error still isn't fixed. It used to be without problem.

Please elaborate.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Congrats! And thanks for the amazing update! The effect of the lighting engine on the armors is just wow! Has this been submitted in the appstore (iOS)?
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Illustair wrote: »
    Congrats! And thanks for the amazing update! The effect of the lighting engine on the armors is just wow! Has this been submitted in the appstore (iOS)?

I'm a little torn on this one.

On the one hand, I love how it now looks on the PC but it is a little stuttery / less flowing than it was before the patch.

Currently the IOS version is smooth as glass with the originally released graphics and it worries me, what this patch might do to the iPAD version if my PC (with decent HW) gets choppy ....

Is there any way that it could be made an Option? --- Make a checkbox for New Graphic set - and store the old files / settings - if the user sees performance issues, deselect the box - restart and load the old graphics, textures etc ?
    Prince_Raymond
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    The update is fantastic. I don't know what you did but mods that previously did not work on the EE now do, and most importantly, the new lighting makes for a massive graphical improvement. Metal armor especially looks much, much better. I'm excited to see what comes next.
    bleusteel
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Weird, mine won't update. This is pretty big though! I look forward to playing it some.
    Huston we have a problem. I stumbled across this in a module I am play-testing for someone. I then opened the module in the toolset and it occurs there too, thus ruling out the fact that I first noticed this in a custom tileset. So what did I notice? It seems that there is a problem with grey hair. Instead of hair it looks metallic. You can see this in the toolset if you look at both standard models of Old Man and Old Woman under Creature/NPC/Human. Just right-click the blueprint and select Edit Copy. You can then manipulate a large image of the old person. In game, in a low light area it looks even worse. It's like they are wearing a steel skull-cap. Don't know if this is to do with the new lighting scheme but something is definitely off here.

TR
    Huston we have a problem. I stumbled across this in a module I am play-testing for someone. I then opened the module in the toolset and it occurs there too, thus ruling out the fact that I first noticed this in a custom tileset. So what did I notice? It seems that there is a problem with grey hair. Instead of hair it looks metallic. You can see this in the toolset if you look at both standard models of Old Man and Old Woman under Creature/NPC/Human. Just right-click the blueprint and select Edit Copy. You can then manipulate a large image of the old person. In game, in a low light area it looks even worse. It's like they are wearing a steel skull-cap. Don't know if this is to do with the new lighting scheme but something is definitely off here.

TR

Please make sure to report the issues you find via proper channels.
    edited October 2020
    @JuliusBorisov Done. Although having to pick one game/DLC/Expansion when it affects all of them is a bit annoying. Also reported that this also affects blonde hair too. It makes some blondes look like their hair is made of 24 carat gold...

TR
    JuliusBorisov
  • timbrodertimbroder Member Posts: 1
    Will this update be making it's way to Nintento Switch? (And hopefully fix the stuttering?) Thanks!
    timbroder wrote: »
    Will this update be making it's way to Nintento Switch? (And hopefully fix the stuttering?) Thanks!

At the moment, we don’t have a timeline for when we’ll be able to patch NWN:EE on console, but we’ll share more details when we do.