Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    jmerry wrote: »
    How to avoid that no-save stun?
    - Ranged attacks. If the snake can't hit you, you don't get stunned.
    - Chaotic Commands. Not an option for a solo non-priest.
    - Sword of Arvoreen (Mazzy's sword). Restricted to halflings only, so not an option for a paladin.
    - Turn into a troll or mustard jelly.
    Interesting. I did experiment before quitting, and concluded ranged attacks would be OK so long as untargeting and retargeting was done as the snake retreated and returned. I also tried the mustard form and saw that was good at defence but was unable to kill the snake before reverting back to human form. I didn't try the troll form, but from what you say it sounds like a good option.
    CharlestonianTemplarWise_Grimwald
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited September 2020
    Greenstone Amulet (Chapter 5) also protects from Stun for 1 turn, and Cloak of Atonement (Chapter 2) has 20% chance of casting Chaotic Commands for 15 turns. There's also two Chaotic Command scrolls in Neera guestline at ToB.
    Gate70Wise_Grimwald
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Gate70 wrote: »
    Indy webs a couple of spore colonies, leading Rumbal to wonder if Indy checked Rumbal was OK to be running around in web or a bit of a chance-taker.
    jdzwrzcrelez.jpg

Note the spirit armor icon on Rumbal's portrait :p.
    CharlestonianTemplarGate70Wise_Grimwald
  • I was at last able to take a holiday which has caused my absence for 2 weeks, so have missed reading about 40 posts here. Hopefully I will gradually be able to read them all.

Welcome back. Your absence was noted. :)

Grond0
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Journal of Arabelle
    before visiting the Iron Throne, I decided to visit Durlag's Tower. I cleared all the upper area and got as far as all but finishing the warder quest. Since I haven't yet got the runestones from Ulgoth's I decided to return to the Gate and finish my quests there.
    EnuhalAerakarCharlestonianTemplar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Glad to see @Grond0 trying out the Infinity Run! I hope to see you taking another crack at it. Icewind Dale 2 would be super challenging with multi-classed spellcasters, though--vanilla IWD2 is really unbalanced in favor of single-classed clerics, druids, sorcerers, and to a much lesser extent mages. Multi-classes are really only solid in IWD2EE.

I have started vanilla BG1 again 3 times, but I wanted to try and reduce the number of party deaths in another run - and was aiming to avoid any party deaths in BG1 (and have failed at that so far). I should be able to manage that eventually though I hope ...
    Wise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited October 2020
    semiticgod wrote: »
    I'm no longer a moderator, so I can't add @histamiini's paladin couple LoB run to the Hall since I can't edit other forumites' posts anymore. I've already reached out to a member of the team. Congratulations!
    Oh yeah forgot about that. Here's the input for whoever can edit it:

Lord Vanderley the Cavalier: @histamiini
    Notable mods: SCS v33.3, Ascension v2.0.12, LoB Saving Throw Fix
    Difficulty: Legacy of Bhaal
    Special: Duo Run, v2.5 update (-11 AC in LoB mode)
    Grond0AerakarWise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Gate70 said...
    We try to deal with Perdue only to find we did that last time and Corecleric is carrying another short sword for no reason.

I love this line! What actually happened was I tried to loot a gem at the gnoll fortress, but one of you got the gem instead, so by the time my "loot" registered I got the xvart's short sword instead. I don't think I even realized that had happened till you mentioned in game I was carrying the sword.
    Grond0Gate70Wise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @CharlestonianTemplar I'm just wondering if your Blackguard of Talos is any different to the standard Blackguard (ie is it a kit from a mod?)
    CharlestonianTemplar