Skip to content

Best Viconia Portrait

124»

Comments

• XaenorXaenor Member Posts: 34
    BG1. On BG2 portrait she's just way too cold, way too out of place for some reason. I like the lively expression of BG1 much better.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited October 2012
    Edvin said:

Yes i am completely serious.

1) Look on sky behind her. Sun rising or go down. It´s not dark.
    2) ANY fire in the world does´t make your white hair violet and black skin white.
    3) Look on some black guy near fire in night ( or look on it in movie if you do´t know any black guys )

Will you try something like " Someone has casting Color spray on her ! " now ?

Ahahaha I about died at this post, I mean for one I completely agree with you, and secondly the exasperated tone in this post is just awesome. And then the Color Spray comment. Amazing.
    jolly_bb said:

I'm all the way for BG1 portraits. Still remember the dissapointment in cartoon-like BG2 ones when i run the game for the first time. Even if that means that few portraits are less sexy...

Literally, I agree with you EXCEPT Viconia. She got a better one, but everything else is pretty meh, especially compared to BG1 portraits which just look exceptional.

Now mind you, I actually kind of liked Cernd and Keldorn's portraits. Although I bet if they were done in BG1 style, they'd be even better. :P
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited October 2012
    She is a femme-female though....she enjoys being a pleasure slave, and then she enjoys taking her revenge on the surface dwellers who wrong her.... She admits her innate bloodlust, but she seeks neither forgiveness, nor sympathy, she only wishes someone of sufficient fortitude to share herself with.

--- I'm diggin that recoloured bg1 pic
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56

Again, if someone can point me in the direction of similar size/quality pix, I'll edit them. I went for BG2 - for me, this looks more how I imagine her to look like in the game. She's also far more attractive...

I like the BG2 pic more because she's a drow and BG1 doesn't look like a drow at all

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I like BOTH.
    BG1 portrait gives her an evil,merciless look. So what if the hair is violet.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I prefer BG2 look more. But now I think I will use custom drow portrait, just for fun.
    http://m1.img.libdd.com/farm4/44/9924D3AEA6DA1D87EBCA16D67FA3112C_1280_1923.jpg
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    DJKajuru said:

I like BOTH.
    BG1 portrait gives her an evil,merciless look. So what if the hair is violet.

Drow hair isn't violet. Period. There's such a thing called continuity. Her BG1 pic makes her look like a bloodthirsty warrior slicing and dicing. The problems with that are 1) She's a cleric not a fighter so the weapon being swung from directly over the head doesn't fit for someone who uses blunt weapons. 2) her skin is supposed be dark blue 3) For what voice sounds like the BG1 pic makes her look too young to have a voice like that. The BG2 pic is right on the money. 4) Finally, she shouldn't look evil, merciless, bloodthirsty, apathetic or anything like that. She is supposed to be hiding her appearance because people are judgmental when it comes to the Drow despite Drizzt's reputation. She isn't looking to murder everyone she comes across. She is very defensive because of how people treat her so she's very bitter after years of racism, and distrust.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Equally as bad!
    In BG 2 the paint on her nose are peeled off.
  • OphlyumOphlyum Member Posts: 255
    In the BG Viconia's portrait reminds me an half-orc not drow!
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012
    This one is my favorite:

It's sized for BG:EE if you want to grab it here.

This is the basic procedure for changing NPC portraits:

- create a folder named Override in the game's 00766 folder (at C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766 )
    - place the desired L, M, and S portraits in that Override folder
    - portraits properly sized at 330x210 (L), 266x169 (M), and 84x54 (S)
    - file name no greater in length than 8 characters (first seven letters of the character's name followed by L, M, or S)
    - files must be .bmp

• AlesthesAlesthes Member Posts: 46
    I very much prefer BG2 portraits in general. And in this case BG2 Viconia is really one of those cases where a single, small piece of art can contribute to make a memorable character...
  • CaemothCaemoth Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012

Purple or white hair? Ebony or blue skin? How about blonde human Viconia?

• Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    She is SO random in BG1.

BG2 modifies her portrait according to her importance in this game.
  • ElitroElitro Member Posts: 18
    Bg2 had a couple of "perfect" portraits, and Vic's was one of them.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    If it's about the poll then BG2.. but I prefer the custom one, that I use..
    http://www.invarietateconcordia.de/bgee/bgee.html
    Yvalee Sszarra=Viconia
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Caemoth said:

Purple or white hair? Ebony or blue skin? How about blonde human Viconia?

Blimey!
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2012
    Nevermind