Skip to content

Best Viconia Portrait

Comments

• KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    I vastly prefer the BGII one. That reminds me that I should take her along in one of my BGE playthroughs. :)
  • FinellachFinellach Member Posts: 36
    The main reason why I prefer the BG2 portrait is that she actually looks like a Drow in that one, BG1 portrait doesn't look like a Drow at all.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Przemkas said:

Too much world-of-warcrafty.

Considering how much of WoW's art is from Azazel, I'm sure he'd take that as a compliment.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Aenor said:

Portraits shouldn't be evaluated by how "hot" the depicted person is. Unless you're a 13-15 year old male.

That being said, BG2 Viconia has easily the better portrait. Because she's supposed to be, I don't know, A FRIGGIN' DROW!?

But her hot portrait would match her hot voice.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Redcoat said:

I rather like this bit of fanart:

She look too much old here...
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @redcoat that's great, why you can see her pants in this picture too though, I cannot fathom.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Redcoat said:

I rather like this bit of fanart:

I like it, she looks frightening.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    Probably the only BG2 portrait that I prefer over the BG1 portrait.
  • MetaSiegMetaSieg Member Posts: 26
    BG2 portrait no contest.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Edvin said:

Heh, this is funny.
    There is so many similar topics like this.

Peoples must realy hate that ugly portrait from BG1.

BTW:

Drow skin can be blue.
    Not all drows have black skin ( all humans are also not white ).
    Black skin can be majority, but their skins are mix blue, black, gray and violet.
    ( But all drows have WHITE hairs, not violet like on her deviant portrait from BG1 )

I've never heard of blue skin, canonically. Besides, her sprite uses black skin, so we can logically assume that's the intent.

As for Viconia's hair, it only appears violet because there is some kind of fire or explosion going on in the portrait.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Her BG1 portrait just isn't very flattering of her.

Meanwhile her BG2 portrait, she is a total babe. But still doesn't look weak or anything, because that would be all bad. She looks hot but not at all vulnerable. Which, given her interactions, and her romance, makes sense. I do think she's a little overly blue, but whatev.

I really like this piece of fanart.
    http://ma-ze-ru.deviantart.com/art/outcast-227502156
    Quartz said:

Meanwhile her BG2 portrait, she is a total babe. But still doesn't look weak or anything, because that would be all bad. She looks hot but not at all vulnerable. Which, given her interactions, and her romance, makes sense. I do think she's a little overly blue, but whatev.

Is...is it bad that I didn't really like that picture as much as I did after noticing the +1 heavy shield and warhammer +2, +1 electricity?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Quartz said:

It kind of looks like something out of Legend of Zelda.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I don't like either one much. The BGII one, however, makes her look more drow due to the skin colour (though it should be darker imo) whereas the first one just looks like some random sinister elf doing a bellydance. Granted the lighting in the first pic can probably excuse the skin colour. She also has a hood in the second one which, storywise, she wears all the time now.
  • Corto81Corto81 Member Posts: 18
    This one is no contest at all.
    If Beamdog doesn't switch the portraits, I'll definitely use the BG2 one myself for Viconia - unless that won't be possible in BG:EE.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Moira said:

Drugar said:

Other
    One of the darker modifications of the BG2 portrait that actually makes her ebony black, not greyish blue, as she should be.

Yes! This one is my favorite.
    I Agree. First one in this triptych: http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9634/viconia.jpg
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Viconia's BG2 portrait is more drow-elfish, more stylish, hotter, more evil and goes well with the family name of De'Vir.
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    edited August 2012

Aenor said:

Portraits shouldn't be evaluated by how "hot" the depicted person is. Unless you're a 13-15 year old male.

That being said, BG2 Viconia has easily the better portrait. Because she's supposed to be, I don't know, A FRIGGIN' DROW!?

But her hot portrait would match her hot voice.

Yeah, I agree. That's consistency.
    Post edited by Aenor on
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    You people bitch too much, if you shall pardon me' Frenchy. This is just another of those 'replace the original portraits because my particular tastes demand it' sort of biased threads. The thing with her BG2 portrait is the artistry is poor, it doesn't feel nice. None of the BG2 artwork or portraits feel nice like the old ones. Use the mods if you don't want it.

The integrity of the original game would be ruined if they replaced any portraits.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    @Jaxsbudgie It's amazing. Keep it up. :)
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244

I've never heard of blue skin, canonically. Besides, her sprite uses black skin, so we can logically assume that's the intent.

As for Viconia's hair, it only appears violet because there is some kind of fire or explosion going on in the portrait.

There you have official image.
    This woman have same skin color like Viconia.

btw: Fire what make your white hair violet and your skin change to normal human color ?
    Do you really belive it ?
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    edited August 2012
    wow surprised by the votes, she's crazy sexy in part 1, she's just cute in part 2

edit: oh well, can't beat 'em, join 'em.

La la LA lalalaaaa, la la la laaaaaaa *wonders off singing smurfs tune*
  • CadmusCadmus Member Posts: 7
    Anduin said:

@Cadmus Has some-one cast Blindness on you! What is wrong with your eyes poor wretch!

I like the style of the BG1 portraits better... :P

I never had her in my party in BG2, isn't she still evil? The BG2 portrait really doesn't look evil.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    I discovered and played BG2 before BG1... and while BG2 had both of those portraits, I could never possible imagine Viconia's BG1 portrait is actually Viconia.
  • RerelRerel Member Posts: 86
    You people are just so wrong, classic portraits from 1998 are the most beautiful ones, based on real persons faces. BG2 portraits are all lower than the BG1 one's for me. I hope the new portraits for the Ehanced Edition will be like BG1's portraits.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012
    Rerel said:

You people are just so wrong, classic portraits from 1998 are the most beautiful ones, based on real persons faces. BG2 portraits are all lower than the BG1 one's for me. I hope the new portraits for the Ehanced Edition will be like BG1's portraits.

I agree that BG1 portraits are better than BG2 in general. But if we're talking about Viconia's portrait specifically, I think her BG1 portrait is horrendous. I don't particularly like her BG2 portrait that much, but I still think it's better than the BG1 portrait. Still, I wouldn't want Beamdog to swap out certain portraits. I would rather there be some ugly portraits and have the art style be consistent.
    Edvin said:

There you have official image.
    This woman have same skin color like Viconia.

btw: Fire what make your white hair violet and your skin change to normal human color ?
    Do you really belive it ?
    1. Official artwork is meaningless to me, partially because artists can basically do whatever they want, and also in part because making something look black and still maintaining good coloring and style is difficult. That gal may also appear blue because of the unnatural lighting of faerie fire or Underdark radiation. Hell, in the 80s and early 90s, drow were brown/bronze in most artwork. In other words, artwork lies. Show me a passage in a handbook that says drow are blue, and I'll concede the point.

2. ...Are you serious? LOOK at somebody when they're standing next to a bonfire in the dark. They can appear to be shades of red and orange, and that's on a normal person.