Skip to content

Best Viconia Portrait

rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
Okay, after things got a bit heated over Jaheira BG1 or BG2, I'll risk the third female character in both versions, Viconia...

Same question:

BG1: image

or

BG2: image
  1. Best Viconia Portrait505 votes
    1. BG1
      10.30%
    2. BG2
      89.70%

Comments

• rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    Again, if someone can point me in the direction of similar size/quality pix, I'll edit them. I went for BG2 - for me, this looks more how I imagine her to look like in the game. She's also far more attractive...
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I doubt there will be much of a contest.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited August 2012
    In BG1 she has extremely bushy eye brows in need of plucking. She has bags under her eyes and a haircut reminiscent of Hugh Grants central parting from Four Weddings and a Funeral. This is made worse as she has gone for a purple rinse. She is wearing a lot of chainmail, which is disappointing as it is hiding her figure... She is also smirking whilst about to deliver a blow from a weighty implement, this concerns me as to what and where is being hit... I guess her age to be about 35...

In BG2 she has obviously had a flashy make over... What can I say? The yellow hoody brings a sense of youth to the girl, blending nicely with her skin tone and beautiful white tresses that now flow past her shoulders. She has gone with a leather circlet and matching blouse that promotes her assests wonderfully. AND THOSE EYES! Emerald green with a look of lost innocence. Bravo! Bravo! Send the flowers directly! I guess her age to be around 25...
    @Cadmus Has some-one cast Blindness on you! What is wrong with your eyes poor wretch!
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    BG1: Drow without pale hair looks weird.
    BG2: Skin too pale, doesn't look evil (At least I can't connect Viconia's character with this portrait).

Still, BG2 portrait is better IMHO.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    The BG1 portrait, with its obscuring lightning effect at least provides the opportunity that her skin might be the right color, or at least the bronze sort of brown that drow were in the artwork of the 80's. I also find I don't like the lack of characterization that the BG2 portraits convey. Edwin is nothing without his steepled, contemplative fingers, and Jaheira is hardly Jaheira if she isn't looking defiant and determined. Likewise, Viconia is not Viconia without a sinister smirk.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    A bit of one and the other really. Lightning and colorwise, BG1, looks-wise, BG2.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Can't believe there are people who likes the first portrait.
  • RedcoatRedcoat Member Posts: 31
    Does anyone else think her BG2 portrait looks a bit like Uma Thurman? Is it just me?

That said, I generally prefer the BG2 portrait, if only because you interact with her much more in the sequel, and thus it comes up much more often.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Moira said:

Yes! This one is my favorite.

That's exactly the one I meant.
    Blacker skin, cloak in the colours of Shar. Excellent work.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Redcoat - her BG 2 portrait looks like one of her voice actress. I think it's just coincidence, though. Then, again, Bastila was modeled after her voice actress. So was Boo!
  • ElandirElandir Member Posts: 35
    I like this one:

http://i49.tinypic.com/jslhd3.jpg

This portrait Best represents their race.
    The Drow are blacks, not blue :)
    I prefer Viconia to be as BLUE as she can be!
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Ha. No contest. I really don't take issue with many portraits in either game, but I definitely take 'Drow and Beautiful' over whatever it is the BG1 portrait is supposed to be any day.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @Anduin Boom Boom!
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Awong124 said:

Elandir said:

I like this one:

http://i49.tinypic.com/jslhd3.jpg

This portrait Best represents their race.
    The Drow are blacks, not blue :)

That one looks really weird. It's like an amalgam of different art styles. It just looks unnatural.
    As does the majority of photoshopped fan portraits. Sadly, very few seem to get it right. They generally look like a mish mash of different pieces of art.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Heh, this is funny.
    There is so many similar topics like this.

Peoples must realy hate that ugly portrait from BG1.

BTW:

Drow skin can be blue.
    Not all drows have black skin ( all humans are also not white ).
    Black skin can be majority, but their skins are mix blue, black, gray and violet.
    ( But all drows have WHITE hairs, not violet like on her deviant portrait from BG1 )

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Not exactly a portrait, but this is my favorite picture of Viconia.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/238/7/a/Viconia_by_azazel1944.jpg
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2012
    while her bg2 portrait is more sexy, I cant stop but wonder if thats not just a fanservice pic, while the BG1 one is how she looks in the real life. Smiting down good or just some worthless males with fiery determination, her white hair catching shades of red and you cant tell if its fire or blood.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    A no brainer for me, BG 2 Viconia is hot.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    The BG2 one is vastly superior if only for the fact she looks like a drow.

I thought the BG1 Viconia picture was more befitting a halfling or dwarf.
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    I've just been catching up with some old threads and found that the pros and cons of Viconia's portraits has already been debated:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2444/give-viconia-a-better-portrait-for-bgee/p1
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    That's almost rethorical question, even thought I'm not really fond of Viconia.
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    BG2 without a doubt
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    Portraits shouldn't be evaluated by how "hot" the depicted person is. Unless you're a 13-15 year old male.

That being said, BG2 Viconia has easily the better portrait. Because she's supposed to be, I don't know, A FRIGGIN' DROW!?
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
    In general I liked the portrait style overall in BG1 much better than in BG2. When ever I play BG2, I use shadowkeeper to replace several of the portraits with the BG1s (mainly Imoen and Jaheria)
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201

A bit of one and the other really. Lightning and colorwise, BG1, looks-wise, BG2.

This. I still lean towards BG1 style, but this time Viconia has a better representation of her. She looks like she's being wary of surfacers that would want to kill her. The deed she's doing in the BG1 portrait was mentioned in her romance.