Skip to content

"Let the Fates Decide" Game Journal (there will be major spoilers)

15678911»

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Lemernis
    Were you still planning on doing this? This has been a really fun idea for a playthrough.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovZaghoul
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2020
    Thank you for the encouragement and interest in this creative project! I really do want to complete this! I'm at the point of having arrived back at Candlekeep in Chapter 6. This is the part of the game that I enjoy least, actually, i.e., the forced dungeon crawl through the Candlekeep catacombs. Over the last couple of years the few times I tried to resume the game I just couldn't get the ball rolling again because this part of the game annoys me a bit. But I have to get into each character's roleplay experience of it as fresh and spontaneous for them, versus how I experience it as as a player irl. I may take another stab at it over the next week. It would feel very gratifying to wrap this up.

Actually I have some time off between Christmas and New Year's, so maybe I'll just try to finish it up. I'll see. But I also have the LotR and Hobbit film trilogies in 4K HDR 10+ w/ Dolby atmos to take in as well. ?
    AerakarBlackravenJuliusBorisovZaghoul
    edited December 2020
    I resumed this game a little bit yesterday with a bit of the roleplay in Candlekeep. It reminded me that the action is basically forced from here on out for completion of the story. Which is why in an ordinary game from Chapter Six onwards I usually just make a beeline to the final battle. At this stage I just want to cross the finish line. What will be interesting here, though, is what choices do remain using this gameplay method to "let the Fates decide." And where do they take me? I have to resist my own instincts as a player just to wrap the game up, lol. Although from a roleplay angle I think that's where Oracos is as well. Let's end this constant attack on my life by taking the fight to the iron Throne.

Rashad's quest will be activated soon. Which from the roleplay aspect will actually be kind of amusing. I'll put myself in the shoes of each character and the party will hash out whether they should now divert their course to deal with the Iron Throne and instead head all the way down to the Cloudpeaks Mountains to help him.

BlackravenJuliusBorisovZaghoul
    @Lemernis
    I suppose you could probably find some decision making of your own in Shadows of Amn but both Siege of Dragonspear and Throne of Bhaal really take the choice out of your hands. I really hope to see the whole trilogy one day though. In any case, while I would never try something as ambitious as this, you've inspired me to write a narrative minimal-reload run of my own. If you're interested I've also been doing no-reload attempts but I'm not quite as good at those.
    Lemernis
    edited December 2020
    @Lemernis
    I suppose you could probably find some decision making of your own in Shadows of Amn but both Siege of Dragonspear and Throne of Bhaal really take the choice out of your hands. I really hope to see the whole trilogy one day though. In any case, while I would never try something as ambitious as this, you've inspired me to write a narrative minimal-reload run of my own. If you're interested I've also been doing no-reload attempts but I'm not quite as good at those.

Yeah, I'd say go for it! It's an immersive way to play just for your own sake if nothing else.
    @Lemernis
    Already on it, though it's far less "Let the Fates Decide" and more like @Gurkengelee and his run. I receive inspiration from both.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/81074/tan-bherfvarlant-ne-gnome-skald-narrative-minimal-reload-run-hard-difficult
    Adam_en_tiumJuliusBorisovBlackravenLemernis