Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Planned Patch Items | Windows, macOS, Linux

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    @Ghamarro , to 3): In the EE, the Boots of Speed/Paws of the Cheetah only set the movement rate to 200%, they don't affect APR and Weapon Speed Factor like Haste Spell/Oil of Speed does, so it doesn't seem illogical to me that they stack.
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited April 2022
    1-2 These are not bugs, but exploits of the game engine.
    3 is intended

Anyone playing normally will not encounter these issues

Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Aranthys wrote: »
    1-2 These are not bugs, but exploits of the game engine.

Exploits in the game engine ARE bugs. If the bug wasn't there, the game engine couldn't be exploited like that...
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    Hello, I just encountered a bug in BGEE 2.6 :
    - when you bring back to Tremain his son's body, he say it will raise him, put the body on the floor and nothing happens after that.
    JuliusBorisov
    Trouveur wrote: »
    - when you bring back to Tremain his son's body, he say it will raise him, put the body on the floor and nothing happens after that.

Have you tried initiating dialogue with Tremain again after that? I seem to remember you need to talk to him again to trigger the raising, but I might be wrong.
    JuliusBorisov
    Arvia wrote: »
    Trouveur wrote: »

Have you tried initiating dialogue with Tremain again after that? I seem to remember you need to talk to him again to trigger the raising, but I might be wrong.
    Yes, he just was repeating the same text over and over.
    JuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Don't you still need to be carrying the body?
    He took the body and put it on the floor.
  • KladozKladoz Member Posts: 13
    Not a bug but I hate how poorly this is implemented: Resurrection Spells Breaking Abilities When Used on Living Targets

The Cleric HLA Mass Raise Dead used to be a great way to quickly heal your party like an upgraded mass cure at the cost of a level 7 spell and now it's useless because it doesn't heal your living members.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Kladoz Seems to me that the way you used to use was an exploit of a bug. If a party member isn't dead why should they gain any benefit from Raise Dead/Resurrection spells?

TR
    Prince_Raymond
    @Kladoz I know Greater Restoration used to heal the whole party in original BG2. The EE fixed that. Maybe that was what you meant? I don't remember Mass Raise Dead healing anyone.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited December 2020
    @Kladoz I know Greater Restoration used to heal the whole party in original BG2. The EE fixed that. Maybe that was what you meant? I don't remember Mass Raise Dead healing anyone.

@Kladoz was right, the HLA mass raise dead used to heal all party members to full health ( even though the description itself says 3d10+1 per level )

@JuliusBorisov and now im getting a bug with the road to 2.6 with BG 2 for steam;

when i download the beta it gets stuck at the; downloaded 1.7 GB of 1.7 GB and now im stuck in a perpetual "resume" state, and when i press resume, it will say "pause" for half a second and go back to "resume"

Edit;

Nevermind, i just waited a minute or two and now it has fully downloaded or at least finished, although pretty weird nontheless
    JuliusBorisov
  • KladozKladoz Member Posts: 13
    sarevok57 wrote: »

@Kladoz was right, the HLA mass raise dead used to heal all party members to full health ( even though the description itself says 3d10+1 per level )

It's not 3d10+(1 per level). It's (3d10+1) per level, which is so much healing that it will always heal your party to max. It also worked this way in the originals but people mostly didn't bother to cast it there because Greater Restoration already healed your party to max

Sadly this underrated and amazing spell is now useless.
    sarevok57Proont
  • specter597specter597 Member Posts: 15
    So ... this is pretty minor ... but moving to x64 and leaving support for x32 means that the Laptop I first played BG & BG2 on (which still works) will no longer be supported.
    Kind of ... end of an era? :(
    MERLANCE
  • MattifusMattifus Member Posts: 2
    item container missing when starting SoD game by import BEEE save.

import
    zjm5aoop143t.png

import 2.6
    fefrddq0w3qq.png
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Mattifus Containers are not getting imported into SoD if you use the "Import" button. To keep the containers, you have to continue into SoD just from the end of BG:EE.
    Arvia
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    edited December 2020
    I don't work with Steam so I don't have access to the current 2.6 beta of the IE games.
    There were some bugs/issues within the last version that annoyed me quite a bit and I wondered if somebody could let me know, whether these still exist in the current beta.
    Some of these bugs/issues might occur across the IE games so it might be worth double-checking.

- BG I: Returning the dagger of Hentold to Revenant didn't create a journal entry (Ticket: BGCS-225)
    - IWD I: Specific strings shouldn't touch/breach borders (see screenshot #01 | Ticket: IDPTS-92)
    - IWD I: The unique item "Edventar's Gift" shouldn't exist twice (Arrundel & Orrick the Gray | Ticket: IDPTS-76)
    - IWD I: The Potion of Action Transference shouldn't miss its own unique description (Ticket: IDPTS-127)
    - IWD I: The slide controller "locator feedback" shouldn't have two identical settings (see screenshot #02 | Ticket: IDPTS-129)
    Post edited by ATigersClaw on
  • jaypeejaypee Member Posts: 47
    I've noticed the potion of power bug is still present in the beta:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76712/potion-of-power-bugged

Will this be addressed too? It would definitely help in my LOB runs :smiley:
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Kladoz wrote: »

It's not 3d10+(1 per level). It's (3d10+1) per level, which is so much healing that it will always heal your party to max. It also worked this way in the originals but people mostly didn't bother to cast it there because Greater Restoration already healed your party to max

Sadly this underrated and amazing spell is now useless.

... Oh. I just figured out where the bug is coming from in 2.5 and earlier versions.

The "Mass Raise Dead" spell does three things.

First, it raises everybody in the party, back at 1 HP. No problem here.

Second, it removes a bunch of abilities from everybody in the party; shapeshifts and spell sequencers that target characters. Actually, all raise/resurrection spells do this. And that's why the spell breaks sequencers. Those abilities aren't supposed to persist past death anyway - I doubt that removing them needs to be a part of resurrection.

Third, it casts a secondary spell on each member of the party. That secondary spell heals the party for 3d10 + (1/level) hit points. Except since it was cast on each member of the party, that gives you up to six instances of the spell, each of which heals the whole party. A multiclass priest at level 14 should get 30.5 average healing for each party member; if they have a full party, that goes up to 183.

So, with this in mind, have you tested the spell with actual dead party members? I take it that in the current build of 2.6, there's no healing if nobody's dead. What if one character is dead? Does just that character get healed, or does the whole party? If multiple characters are dead, does the healing get multiplied?
    ArviaAerakarKladozJuliusBorisov
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    By the way, I noticed that UI scaling is still binary. That is really, really unfortunate! In this day and age, that forces a LOT of people to choose between "way too small" and "way too big"!

It would be really, really nice, if Beamdog could provide an option that is more with the times by making this a slider instead. Fonts get sliders, why not the rest of the UI?
    AaemforeverProontBelegCuthalion
    i'm noticing a bug in bg2 beta 2.6 where i can't remove spells from the mage's spell book

if i right hand click on the icon it asks if i want to remove or cancel, but when i click on remove, nothing happens

is there a quick fix for this?
    JuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    i'm noticing a bug in bg2 beta 2.6 where i can't remove spells from the mage's spell book

if i right hand click on the icon it asks if i want to remove or cancel, but when i click on remove, nothing happens

Just for completeness, what happens if you click "cancel"?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    edited December 2020

@sarevok57: It appears to be a bug in a reworked (internal) UI function. You can turn on "More Confirmation Prompts" in Options -> Gameplay -> Feedback to get it working again.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited December 2020
    Pokota wrote: »

Just for completeness, what happens if you click "cancel"?

nothing happens
    Bubb wrote: »

@sarevok57: It appears to be a bug in a reworked (internal) UI function. You can turn on "More Confirmation Prompts" in Options -> Gameplay -> Feedback to get it working again.

ah, it seems you are correct and thank you, but hopefully this will not be happening once the patch is actually out, i have no need of the "more confirmation prompts" feature

Edit:

just noticed, when you go to erase the a spell from the spell book, you have to click on remove twice for some reason ( when you click on it the first time, nothing happens, even the window doesn't close ) but when you click on it the second time, the window closes and the spell erases

weird
  • MBladeMBlade Member Posts: 1
    Two bugs:

- wizard spells remove from spellbook not working. It was working on 2.5
    - travelling from watcher's keep to Neera's grove main char dissapears after arrival
    @Mattifus Containers are not getting imported into SoD if you use the "Import" button. To keep the containers, you have to continue into SoD just from the end of BG:EE.
    I just killed Sarevok and after the final cinematic I was back to the menu.

I have a final save that I can import to SoD, but there was no direct transition from the final fight to SoD.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Thels wrote: »
    By the way, I noticed that UI scaling is still binary. That is really, really unfortunate! In this day and age, that forces a LOT of people to choose between "way too small" and "way too big"!

It would be really, really nice, if Beamdog could provide an option that is more with the times by making this a slider instead. Fonts get sliders, why not the rest of the UI?

no solution, just a workaround:
    if you are on windows 10, you can set the exe up to run in compatibility mode where windows tricks the program into thinking the screen has a lower resolution than it actually does. with that mode on, setting the UI to "unscaled" results in a sane scaling.

I fully sign your request for an UI slider though (and/or real hidpi awareness)
    Glaciaruz
  • Bargoth125Bargoth125 Member Posts: 8
    Khyron wrote: »
    Bargoth125 wrote: »
    Just to be sure, this will not affect any of the existing mods right?

I think you should be prepared that it will.. depending on the complexity if the mods you use.

Item tweaks and other "lightweight" mods might come out just fine.. I wouldn't be surprised if big mods break though. I kind of expect them to, to some extent.

Then I don't want this patch! How do I opt out of it?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You can always copy/paste your BG folder so that you had an old setup with mods somewhere (you'll be able to run it via .exe).
  • HalimanHaliman Member Posts: 4
    BG2EE in French....Finally!!!! Youpii!!

Usually, games in english, I accommodate but too many texts in BG ... I prefer in my main language for a better understanding of the story!!

A big thanks to the volunteers for this French translation!

Just waiting BG1EE SoD French localization now ;)

I know Beamdog has already translate SoD for the console version of the game!