Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    I have discovered that I cannot dual a barbarian to a mage which is what I intended to do. Since I have barely started my game I will therefore start a new one with a kensai instead of a barbarian.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    I have discovered that I cannot dual a barbarian to a mage which is what I intended to do. Since I have barely started my game I will therefore start a new one with a kensai instead of a barbarian.

You can install Anthology Tweaks' expanded dual class options component to enable Barbarians (and Wild Mages) to dual-class.
    edited December 2020
    @Blackraven I used to have loads of mods such as that one installed. Currently I am playing a virtually unmodded game. All I have changed is to give Gorion's body a bag of holding, made Ajantis an Inquisitor, and installed Xan's New Groove. However, since I don't usually have Xan in my party, that effect is minimal. I have therefore restarted and used an unkitted fighter instead of the barbarian. :) No big deal.

Having the game virtually unmodded has made it fresh again in much the same way as adding mods made it fresh in the past. :)

3f2hdgy6yg95.jpg

We retrieved Joia's ring for her and upon discovering Sonner's true nature killed him easily before returning Tenya's Bowl and killing a nearby ankheg.
    c8x3xr2emn37.jpg
    k87gxwpscssr.jpg
    7ex4f91wx264.jpg

Marcia was hurt when we were attacked by hobgoblins. :(
    pja9xv20q6k8.jpg

After arriving at the FAI we were attacked by a mage assassin who was quickly made harmless by the use of "Command."
    3rykk6ktz941.jpg

We headed south to High Hedge where we helped Mellicamp.
    45bh0sqtj3ak.jpg

We then headed west where we met Shoal. Droth put me to sleep and then charmed Marcia. Together Marcia and Droth killed Maxine. At that point the charm wore off and Droth chased Marcia. She outdistanced him and returned to me keeping well out of sight of Droth. The two of us then slept after killing Shoal. Killing Shoal had caused Marcia to level up so she now had the silence spell. That spell made Droth relatively harmless, and though the battle was still tough, he fell to our assault on him.
    [In future perhaps this should be left until we have better armour. We wouldn't then have to leave with the job only half-done.]
    ws1lyxxdtr7c.jpg
    1wholf44poa7.jpg

We went to the FAI where Maxine was raised before heading south where an ogre with a belt fetish was killed.
    mz5vzuegw4a7.jpg

In Beregost we calmed Marl down and took a tome to Firebead.

We then discovered that Silke was evil, so it was her that we killed, not those that she wanted us to kill.
    09ff6h54qg21.jpg
    5tc571ljfu90.jpg

Upon entering the nearby Inn we killed Karlat when he picked a fight with us.

ksbij8p3t07q.jpg

We then went in search of Bassilus who was made relatively harmless with the use of Silence and Command.
    8in13nptg9ee.jpg
    ohyigz4ho5og.jpg

Upon going to the temple, Maxine reached level 3 whereupon she dualled to a mage.

It was her who disabled the ogrillon to the south with a sleep spell.
    They were then easy to dispose of.
    imyk6usuohyo.jpg

To deal with the Flaming Fist however needed all of our spells.
    gy3uzbu12owg.jpg

The hobgoblins to the south were no problem so we were able to pick up the Colquetle Amulet.

In Nashkel I found myself some ankheg armour, I turned down a rewards from Oublek and had a chat with Noober.

Once more we needed all our spells when we fought Zordral.
    drvu3pb21386.jpg

Killing Greywolf was easier than expected as an animal got between us and I was able to deliver the final blow with a throwing axe.
    vwg5ev689ouc.jpg
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    @Enuhal, I can see an Undead Hunter joining many others in the Hall! Good job in Watcher's Keep. Does the demi-lich cast imprisonment in your install? I can't remember if SCS bans demi-liches from casting Imprisonment altogether or only on Charname.

@Wise_Grimwald, nice to see your Helmites on the road again! I started a new game after the Ducal Palace fiasco with my priestess of Helm. I hope to be able to report some progress this week.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 937
    @Blackraven I'm not entirely sure - he never attempted to cast imprisonment, but then again, he didn't get much of a chance, and he might have realized that everyone was immune to the spell, so trying would be pointless. The SCS readme claims that demi-liches can still cast imprisonment at will and they can do so in the same round they're casting other spells in, but there's a -5 death save (if the save succeeds, you still get level drained). I didn't see that happening, though.
    However, I can 100% confirm that this SCS version does not ban Imprisonment from enemy spellbooks. Might be that they don't like to use it against the player character (the readme claims that the PC should never be targeted by imprisonment), but they don't show any reluctance against party members - as you might see in an upcoming post.
    oooh
    Enuhal wrote: »
    but they don't show any reluctance against party members - as you might see in an upcoming post.

Oooh, perfect evidence, hopefully the price in acquiring it was afforable... ;)
    edited December 2020
    @semiticgoddess Which mod has the Seer Kit?
    Congratulations @Enuhal, on a very good run!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Well done once again, @Enuhal!
    @semiticgoddess Which mod has the Seer Kit?
    It's from the Expanded Classes and Kits mod, a compilation of all the kit mods I've ever made, from the unique kits like the Seducer and Alchemist to the cross-class kits like the Kensai paladin and Archer thief kit to the pseudo-multi-classes like the Cleric/Druid and Druid/Mage. There's a cleric and a druid version for the Seer kit, which are otherwise identical.

I just updated the mod to fix some bugs that I found in BG1. I also buffed the Shapeshifter fighter a little, which I thought was previously too lackluster for BG1 and SoD.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    Gate70 said...
    ...but in the write-up I realise I had Loury melee an enemy which may have been able to vorpal. Bad idea..
    Are you sure that balor can vorpal? In vanilla there two kinds of balors - the WK and Melissan balors can vorpal and I thought the gnome village and hell balors did not.
    To be clear, since I'm no longer a moderator I can't update the Hall anymore.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 937
    Ah, I wasn't aware - do you know of any mod we should propably tag in the future for our updates? I don't really browse these forums outside of the no-reload thread and adventurer's lounge anymore.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    @semiticgoddess I see more changes in your status. Fantastic for you!
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    edited December 2020
    Thanks @semiticgoddess - Here's the information for the Hall of Heroes:

Dassareth, the Undead Hunter: @Enuhal
    Notable Mods: SCS (tactical difficulty), Ascension
    Difficulty: Core rules
    Also, now updated:

Classes and kits still missing from the combined Hall of Heroes

Ranger, Stalker
    Cleric, Priest of Helm, Priest of Talos, Priest of Tempus
    Shapeshifter, Avenger
    Abjurer, Conjurer, Diviner, Invoker, Necromancer, Transmuter
    Thief, Bounty Hunter
    Bard
    Dark Moon Monk
    Fighter/Thief (dual, but no mulit)
    Fighter/Druid (dual, but no multi)
    Cleric/Ranger

May I’m mistaken but I think semeticgoddes finished the game with a ranger/cleric? Isn’t it ?

Ahhh it was an FMC ... my bad
    Post edited by Souplesse on
    Ah, I wasn't aware - do you know of any mod we should propably tag in the future for our updates? I don't really browse these forums outside of the no-reload thread and adventurer's lounge anymore.
    I don't know who is most available, so I'll tag @JuliusBorisov. Maybe one of the moderators could volunteer to update the Hall.
    edited December 2020
    @Enuhal Much the same tactics that I would use for a solo ranger except that I would have killed Sonner and taken the bowl to Tenya for easy experience. You're doing well. Keep it up.

Journal of Michaela the Mighty

Rescued the duke, killed the assassins and Cythandra and defeated Sarevok in the ducal palace. Have picked up Neera and we'll get her belt before heading for the final battle with Sarevok.