[v1.61] Drake, a human priest of Tyr NPC for BG:EE and SoD

12345679»

Comments

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 495
    megamike15 wrote: »
    Trouveur wrote: »
    marcnivar wrote: »
    fkph5r9m1mih.jpg

Just to report, Drake initiated his final talk when the charname was caught at Skie's murder scene (the moment after being accused and before Corwin's interjection)...it looks like something should happen earlier during celebration.
    Hi, may I ask where did you find this portrait for Drake please ?

it's a replacement for anomen's. it's from artastrophe

https://www.deviantart.com/artastrophe/art/Portrait-Pack-3rd-Edition-600226831
    Thank you. :smile:
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    I've run into a dialogue loop with Drake. It happens when you first enter the central tower in Candlekeep and the dialogue fires with Jessup and Thordain (probably have these wrong). If you humor them all the way to the end and aren't rude to them, the two dialogue options with Drake (I'd rather not, or cut me in on the profits) go into an infinite loop. This may be related to a BG1 NPC dialogue that fires part way through, since there's an interjection by Minsc and Dynaheir right before the looping dialogue with Drake.
  • 311stylee311stylee Member Posts: 9
    In order to get all of the crossmod content with Sirene, Aura, Verr'Sza and White, do they all need to be installed before Drake? Or is the same content duplicated between all of these mods and the order doesn't matter?
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    I recently completed a playthrough of BG1 with my game bookclub, and Drake was well received by at least two of us who took him as their main cleric, one with a female CHARNAME and one with a male CHARNAME.

Drake NPC: A really well written and good NPC to have around. Ended up being my main cleric. I enjoyed his personality and the connections he makes with BG2 and Amn. Unfortunately his crossbow proficiency ended up breaking when EET was installed and I had to edit some of the kits to make sure everything worked as intended (though minus getting crossbows to work). I'd love to see an EET update to fix the few issues. Drake is an NPC that I'm quite sad that there is no BG2 version of the mod available.
  • cddscdds Member Posts: 46
    Does Drake have any interplay with content from other mods like BG1NPC or BG1UB? Mainly asking in regard to install order, should/must Drake be installed after those mods or it doesn't really matter? Thanks!
  • Johnny_GuitarJohnny_Guitar Member Posts: 7
    Ah, it would be so cool to play with Drake in BG2. But since where is no news about it... guess ,the idea of BG2 mod is dead
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    no not really. aion only has time to work on mods when not doing school stuff. and they are currently doing school stuff.
  • Johnny_GuitarJohnny_Guitar Member Posts: 7
    Oh,sorry, didn't mean to be rude or something. That's great! Just got nervous from the lack of news. Sorry again.
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2021
    Where do I need to go to do Drake's SoD quest? I'm not seeing any options anywhere?
    Post edited by Skull_Bearer on
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    ... Unfortunately his crossbow proficiency ended up breaking when EET was installed and I had to edit some of the kits to make sure everything worked as intended (though minus getting crossbows to work). I'd love to see an EET update to fix the few issues. Drake is an NPC that I'm quite sad that there is no BG2 version of the mod available.

Does anyone know if this crossbow issue in ETT has been fixed in the latest release ?
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    Drake is something else... i love it. Can't wait for BG2 portion.

eeuuzbk85l67.jpg
    73em5gnwp1oz.jpg
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    Another thanks to The Artisan for this entertaining companion!
    I recently completed BG + SoD with Drake. He's a cool bro.
  • TrevimusPrimeTrevimusPrime Member Posts: 28
    @TheArtisan - what's the current status of Drake for BG2? He's an NPC I'd probably want to do an entire Saga run with at somepoint
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    edited December 2023
    I have a problem when trying to install him with eet (french setup in linux) : when installing after eet in the bg2 side, I get
    [BDORN.DLG] loaded
    WARNING: internal label [17] not found in processed DLG [NEB]
    ERROR: COPY_TRANS NEB state #17 out of range 0-9, SKIPPED
    ERROR: Cannot process COPY_TRANS (Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range"))
    ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/Drake/Dialogue/C0DrakeJ.d]: Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range")
    Stopping installation because of error.

And when I install it in the bg1 side of the game it works, but his strings are totally messed up when meeting him in bg2 with eet installed (he is called "bg2 man 4" instead of drake and his dialog makes absolutely no sense).

Well I'll just give up on him for now... it's with eet-13.4, the latest one.
    edit : finally I think I'll just give up on eet, too much complexity, too many things can go wrong and are noticed too late, back to bg1 !
    Post edited by zelurker on
    zelurker wrote: »
    I have a problem when trying to install him with eet (french setup in linux) : when installing after eet in the bg2 side, I get
    [BDORN.DLG] loaded
    WARNING: internal label [17] not found in processed DLG [NEB]
    ERROR: COPY_TRANS NEB state #17 out of range 0-9, SKIPPED
    ERROR: Cannot process COPY_TRANS (Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range"))
    ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/Drake/Dialogue/C0DrakeJ.d]: Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range")
    Stopping installation because of error.

And when I install it in the bg1 side of the game it works, but his strings are totally messed up when meeting him in bg2 with eet installed (he is called "bg2 man 4" instead of drake and his dialog makes absolutely no sense).

Well I'll just give up on him for now... it's with eet-13.4, the latest one.
    edit : finally I think I'll just give up on eet, too much complexity, too many things can go wrong and are noticed too late, back to bg1 !
    As noted here (https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html#bgee), Drake should be install on BGEE before installing EET on BG2EE.
    If you have the Steam or GoG BGEE version, you need to install DLC Merger before any other mod on BGEE.
    edited December 2023
    As noted here (https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html#bgee), Drake should be install on BGEE before installing EET on BG2EE.
    If you have the Steam or GoG BGEE version, you need to install DLC Merger before any other mod on BGEE.

As I said, I tried both methods, installing in bgee 1st produces all messed-up strings in eet, I guess there is a problem with the language probably, maybe setting both games to english would fix this, that's the only test I didn't make.

edit : since I had the idea about the language selection problem I decided to have another try. In linux you are obliged to create a symlink in the lang directory from en_US to en_us otherwise weidu doesn't work at all, and at least fr_FR to fr_fr to use french, but the game displays 2 selections for each language after this. So I just uninstalled everything in bg2, and then removed all the symlinks, adding only these 2 for us and french, and same thing in bgee. Then reinstalled eet selected language 3 (2 and 3 are displayed as French, I probably took 2 the 1st time), and this time it worked ! Go wonder, normally it's a symlink, 2 or 3 it should be exactly the same thing. So I don't know what happened, anyway there was probably a problem on the eet side which didn't detect an error it should have in the previous install. I might give this another try in eet then, but it took more than 2 hours doing this test finally (I had to change what was installed in the bgee side too), I must be crazy to spend so long in configurations... !

Anyway I guess you can forget this for now then, sorry for the post !
    Post edited by zelurker on
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853

Anyway I guess you can forget this for now then, sorry for the post !

No need to apologise. If you have problems, you have problems. Getting installations right isn't easy. That's why I put up with sub-optimal installations much of the time. It is too much of a pain to correct them.
    edited December 2023
    Finally almost everything works, his crossbows ability didn't make it to eet apparently (although it's installed in bgee).
    So is there an easy way to install some universal crossbow proficiency for him, I think I remember seeing that in a mod for everyone but I can't remember the mod name...
    I don't think it can be done with "near infinity" by editing him...

edit : found "combat skill proficiencies" from there : https://github.com/subtledoctor/Combat_Skill_Proficiencies/releases (1st component), it does more than what I want, but Drake can use his crossbow at least, so it will do for now... !
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    Finally almost everything works, his crossbows ability didn't make it to eet apparently (although it's installed in bgee).
    So is there an easy way to install some universal crossbow proficiency for him, I think I remember seeing that in a mod for everyone but I can't remember the mod name...
    I don't think it can be done with "near infinity" by editing him...

edit : found "combat skill proficiencies" from there : https://github.com/subtledoctor/Combat_Skill_Proficiencies/releases (1st component), it does more than what I want, but Drake can use his crossbow at least, so it will do for now... !

Hi, regarding the universal crosswbow component of drake in an EET install, you could do as follow:

1) Install Drake mod in BGEE (not installing universal crossbow);
    2) Install other mod and EET as you should;
    3) Install,together with other tweaks mods (I usually install it just after Tweaks Anthology) ->ONLY<- the universal crossbow component of Drake: it does not have the main mod as a prerequisite and could be installed on EET.
    4) Finalize the installation with EET_end and other mods that should go last, if it is the case.

Yeah or easier just install it instead of the combat proficiency mod, and since it doesn't contain any dialog or even any string it doesn't need to be installed before eet_end. Just what I did, I didn't know it didn't require the main component drake to be installed. It seems to work, and it's much better than reinstalling once again everything, with the risk to have to restart once again a new game !
    Ah another problem, I don't know if it's specific to eet or not, tenya quest, if Drake is in the party you can't say if you want to help her or not, the dialog just ends when she explains herself and you have no opportunity to give an answer. Then you go to the fishermen, you can get the bowl but you can't give the bowl back to her. The solution is to remove drake from the party before talking to Tenya, then you have the opportunity to reply !
    And probably a last problem with eet : I remember playing with drake in bg1, and after defeating the mad priest and his zombies, there is a guy who teleports to the party more than once to give quests from the temple for Drake. Well it never happened with eet, so I guess something was lost in the import then... !
    And probably a last problem with eet : I remember playing with drake in bg1, and after defeating the mad priest and his zombies, there is a guy who teleports to the party more than once to give quests from the temple for Drake. Well it never happened with eet, so I guess something was lost in the import then... !
    Are sure about this ? Seems more like Gavin mod to me.
    Are sure about this ? Seems more like Gavin mod to me.

Oops ? I might be wrong on this one then, good to know for an eventual next playthrough ! :)
    Anyway I join those who are sad to see he has no content in bg2... seeing what he tells in bg1 about his links to Amn, his main story would certainly be in bg2 and it would make him most interesting !
    It would indeed!
    What is the problem?
    Is it that the game is losing popularity?
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    It would indeed!
    What is the problem?
    Is it that the game is losing popularity?

Huh?

The author has made a number of updates to mods, but primarily to their kit mods recently (Artisan's Kitpack and Bardic Wonders). Their current priority, though I wouldn't hold my breath on timing, in terms of NPC mods is Aura BG2.
    @masteraleph Since I like Aura, I have no problem with that being the priority. :)

I like Drake as well, but there are only so many hours in a day.
  • Alexander12Alexander12 Member Posts: 38
    edited March 22
    This mod is wonderful! Thanks so much for it. Drake - is a very interesting and complex character. I can't wait to see him in BG2 and Tob. And perhaps with more romantic options, as in Bg1 romance with him looks like a friendship i think. Still it is a very good and vivid person.