Skip to content

[v1.9] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @marcnivar

I'm both relieved and rather amused you found this encounter enjoyable considering I personally think it's a fight with extremely cheap and frustrating mechanics but my rudimentary knowledge of combat AI at the time couldn't let me think up anything better. It borrows elements of Weimer's old Tactics mod AI among others.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    AionZ wrote: »
    @marcnivar

I'm both relieved and rather amused you found this encounter enjoyable considering I personally think it's a fight with extremely cheap and frustrating mechanics but my rudimentary knowledge of combat AI at the time couldn't let me think up anything better. It borrows elements of Weimer's old Tactics mod AI among others.

The precast is quite similar to what I experienced from scs, and it is manageable with simlar understanding, so I’m ok with that.

Forcing all members to gather in that circle, curse, and second wind made me shouted “cheat!” when I saw those, but eventually after beating them I found it quite satisfying, challenging but manageable with strategy I know. Generally quite fun.

The only thing I feel weird is, the cutscene will force everyone, including those with project image to “walk” towards to circle...

0qorhf6d5n1u.jpg

I'm just curious, is this area from any IE game that I can't remember?

It looks great and I like the cutscene here.
  • FB4FB4 Member Posts: 6
    Does this NPC mod work on a Mac (Big Sur) by chance? Apologies if this is a dumb question but I'm a luddite when it comes to any sort of programming knowledge.
    edited March 2021
    ot04ac9hxzpo.jpg

@AionZ
    This dialogue is popping out every second in Hell, is there anyway to stop it?
    (this will also happen in battle, so basically can't fight unless I do the following)

----

I used console to move to the other area, and her flirt popped out immediately (the one that repeat endlessly normally). After saying what she wants, I moved back to AR2900 (Hell) and she stopped.

Or, if I use eekeeper to change C0SIRENEFLIRT to 0 or 2, she will also stop. I'm thinking of changing this temporarily and revert to 1 after finishing the quests in Hell...

I'm not sure doing either ways will have any undesirable effect or not...

---updated---

Proven no problem with the highlighted solution above, just changed the C0SIRENEFLIRT and everything seems fine in TOB.
    Post edited by xiaoleiwen on
    edited March 2021
    2zofcx5emmbr.jpg
    5pbdo05qpho8.jpg

Just to report something rather amusing which may happen for those have multiple romances (Gorion's scene in TOB).
    I romance both Sirene and Isra, and I found that the small interaction between Sirene and her mother is quite good, and I wonder if Isra has similar thing, so I left Sirene in Pocket Plane and came here with Isra. After that, I found that Sirene's mother will still appear after Isra's interjection (when Sirene is not in the party), and the dialogue stopped there, following with my charname attacked and killed Gorion, the Master Wraith didn't even have a chance to transform / summon his friend :D

Luckily Sirene is my main romance now, so no problem for me.
    Post edited by xiaoleiwen on
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited March 2021
    marcnivar wrote: »
    ofqnprvzr1bh.jpg
    qroccgtmhwui.jpg
    1b96v06c9wfd.jpg
    5v2gwuoi112l.jpg

I can't explain how satisfying this encounter was, it really made me thrilled.. The timing of second wind is surprising and when he used timestop is really smart. I wonder this is original design or it is affected by the SCS mod that I have installed (hardcore difficulty). Truly an epic battle!
    AionZ wrote: »
    @marcnivar

In my playthrough, Sirene was chunked by one of the main villain's summonses just moments after the villain departed:

j90ivkrsabes.bmp
    zrjg0ov2s9os.bmp

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2021
    Hey, enjoying the mod a good bit thanks for the hard work! Just encountered a small issue where for some reason the romance path seems to just randomly end. I've been doing some small testing myself with EEKeeper, and currently both friendship talk and the lovetalk values are at 7. However the cosireneromanceactive value keeps switching to 3 and I can't seem to figure out why. Changing it back to 1 doesn't help either, as it reverts to 3 in short order.

No big deal for me if it is unfixable for me, I have a few other mods running that might be the cause (I think I have multi romance running from BGtweaks) and I'm enjoying her friendship well enough to keep using her, but thought I would drop in to see if anyone had encountered this issue before or had any idea on how to fix it. Thanks!
    bellboy wrote: »
    Hey, enjoying the mod a good bit thanks for the hard work! Just encountered a small issue where for some reason the romance path seems to just randomly end. I've been doing some small testing myself with EEKeeper, and currently both friendship talk and the lovetalk values are at 7. However the cosireneromanceactive value keeps switching to 3 and I can't seem to figure out why. Changing it back to 1 doesn't help either, as it reverts to 3 in short order.

No big deal for me if it is unfixable for me, I have a few other mods running that might be the cause (I think I have multi romance running from BGtweaks) and I'm enjoying her friendship well enough to keep using her, but thought I would drop in to see if anyone had encountered this issue before or had any idea on how to fix it. Thanks!

Have you been entertaining a romance with any other NPC?

Has your reputation drastically lowered at any point?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 494
    Hello, I'm in chapter 6,
    a messenger bring a letter for Sirene and she asked me to go to the City Gates for then traveling to the meeting point, but I don't find it on the world map. How are we supposed to go there please ? I'm playing on EET.
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Hello, I'm in chapter 6,
    a messenger bring a letter for Sirene and she asked me to go to the City Gates for then traveling to the meeting point, but I don't find it on the world map. How are we supposed to go there please ? I'm playing on EET.

You don't travel out the gates, you right-click on the letter while within the city gates area and choose the "travel" option (see below):
    p0jlj8bdsqjt.bmp

Thank you very much !
    edited May 2021
    Thank you very much !

EDIT : the letter was in the scroll case, and from there the "travel" button didn't appear.
    Post edited by Trouveur on
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I've travelled to that little area with the shrine of talona in chapter 6, and... Sirene tells me to be careful. But I can't find anything to be careful of. There is a rift, a shrine, a tent, and I don't know what to do with any of it.
    lollers wrote: »
    I've travelled to that little area with the shrine of talona in chapter 6, and... Sirene tells me to be careful. But I can't find anything to be careful of. There is a rift, a shrine, a tent, and I don't know what to do with any of it.
    There should be someone waiting for you here.
    edited May 2021
    I found out to spawn the mage on page 8. Can't do anything to advance his scene after the fight. Tried killing him legitimately a couple of times, then I resorted to a lot of ctrl-Y and ctrl_r cheat keys. The last thing I attempted was to boot someone from the goup to add the enemy to the party and try force talking to him. I don't see a way foreward. I will try editing his file like advised on page 8 later this week.
    No luck. I managed to spawn the boss mage from chapter 6 with the console, but he isn't going to talk to me after I beat him. I wish I knew how to fix it, but I can't even understand the instructions on page 8 about swapping the flags of tsamon. I'd do it if I knew what it meant because it seems like something that is really easy to do when you know how.
  • RaltarRaltar Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2021

I'm having the same issue and yes, I am doing multiple romances because it saves time. There has got to be a way to force this, otherwise this mod is effectively dead for me.

EDIT: I found it in the scripts, so I can fix it.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Raltar wrote: »

I'm having the same issue and yes, I am doing multiple romances because it saves time. There has got to be a way to force this, otherwise this mod is effectively dead for me.

EDIT: I found it in the scripts, so I can fix it.

That is great. Will you upload the fix?
  • RaltarRaltar Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2021
    Unzip it in your Sirene_BG2\scripts folder and then reinstall the mod. You will have to set her romanceactive to 1 or 2, depending on what part of the romance you are on, but it has worked flawlessly for me.
  • jakinxzjakinxz Member Posts: 7
    So i wanna do the path that changes sirene alignment but, i dont really wanna lose the martyr kit, does she gets something to compensate that is as good?
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited July 2021
    Not a huge issue, but I noticed that the selection for portrait type doesn't create a log entry in the weidu.log file. This means PI stops at the question, requiring it to be answered at the console.

This is fine, since the real lengthy mod installs are towards the end, but it would be nice if the portrait selection could be automated as well.

That said, I now consider Sirene part of my default install, especially since she can go nearly the whole journey. I'm looking forward to this next run, since I never was able to get her to work in the Android version of SoD. I really like this NPC character a lot.
  • TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
    Out of curiousity, how does EET handle the two Sirene mods? Does it use the same Sirene from BG1 during the BG2 timeframe, or are the two mods still distinct and a new Sirene is spawned in?

In any case, curious of there would be any plans to combine the two mods into a single one that can detect the kind of gma eyour playing; either BG1 and then BG2 or an EET install.
  • SorzoSorzo Member Posts: 9
    EET Sirene's stats carry over seamlessly between games, though her inventory is reset and her past history with Charname (or lack thereof) is established through dialogue options upon meeting her in BG2 rather than being automatically carried over.
  • karlsteggerkarlstegger Member Posts: 19
    Anyone aware of which version of this mod works with 1.3? And where it's available for download
  • Wolfstar81Wolfstar81 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021
    I need a bit of clarification to make sure everything is moving a planned. I romanced Sirene and kept her on the lawful good path and need a bit of clearing up with the graveyard to kill Bodhi for the lanteren
    nothing happened and had to walked up to Bodhi so she didn't kill Sirene, was this supposed to happen?

Oh, and great mod
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I don't know how I missed it in my previous run, but Sirene's resurrection was incredibly well done. That whole sequence was truly great work. It really made the ToB part hit a lot harder, especially when they got to Amkethran.

My only real complaint about this mod is that it is unaware of Isra. I wish there was a romance conflict with Isra in particular, but cross-mod in general. With both of them being Paladins, it's odd they never have anything to say to each other. I know cross-mod is difficult if everyone isn't onboard, though.
  • CITYBUILDER12CITYBUILDER12 Member Posts: 1
    T'samon doesn't initiate dialogue after bringing him low. He just continues taking a beating indefinetely. How do I fix this so I can continue Sirene's quest?
  • RomanMithmanRomanMithman Member Posts: 2
    I recently started a new Baldur's Gate run through and found this Sirene mod for the first time. I've only had her around for a bit but decided to invest in her. To keep from missing Minsc's loot capacity, I made her strength 18 and then it followed that I needed a beefier character portrait. Looked into all the tiefling lore and this is what I came up with. I created this by manipulating two art works — I'll see if I can find the original artists' names. I figure I may as well show it off and share it here in case anyone else is interested. I may still tinker with it so I'm open to hearing suggestions.

kre7vw4c4eap.jpg
  • NicoladastraNicoladastra Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2022
    Hi,
    First, let me say that I enjoyed the mod so far in BGEET (Trilogy with quite many mods which seemed to work together like a charm until now) until the end of SOD, it was well written and pleasant, so, thank you for your good work :). Sirene romance worked fine so far, despite some weird (mostly unexplained) changes of behavior (level of romance, so to say) at some point in the game, but no game breaker, and I finished SOD with romance on, which shows as a "2" in in the variable "C02SIRENEROMANCEACTIVE" (not "C0SIRENEROMANCEACTIVE", which doesn't exist, though if I add it manually and set it to "2" it doesn't help).

Now here comes my new issue: when I start in SOA (BG2EET) following my run through BG1EE and SOD and arrive at the Radiant Heart, I find Sirene not initiating any love talk, it's rather like the romance didn't happen before. Also, Sirene doesn't initiate any dialogues (not even friendship dialogues) anymore. I tried to play with different variables in EEKeeper, but nothing helps so far. I noticed that there are two sets of variables for Sirene: the C0SIRENEXXX and the C02SIRENEXXX (and quite a bunch of these) but I don't quite understand the logic there.

Thank you in advance for any help that you might provide me, since I came to a point, where I couldn't go further, I would rather wait for some help before continuing :)