Skip to content

Is the Steam 2.6.5.0 Patch Ready to Release for Baldur's Gate I/II & Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions?

srdbeamdogsrdbeamdog Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 15
edited March 2021 in The Road to 2.6
We're close to the 2.6 Patch Release!

Steam Beta 2.6.5.0 for is available now for public testing!

"I will be the last! And you will go first... Heh hehehehe..." ~ Sarevok.

We heard your feedback loud and clear on the 2.6.4.0 build— we've removed the potion stacking "fix" and added a few more improvements. Now we're looking for one more round of beta testing (which we hope will be the final phase before preparing for release). Thanks again to everyone testing these game and helping us making the patch a success.

Dive into the games and let us know if we're finally ready to launch this patch!

- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

IMPORTANT:
Patch 2.6 will NOT be the last patch for Infinity Engine games.
  • Patch 2.6 will not fix every issue— but we hope to make further improvements in future
  • Here's what's in the patch: 2.6 Patch Items

System Requirements have changed:
Minimum: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit, OS X 10.9, Ubuntu 18.04 or equivalent
  • Please check your device meets the updated System Requirements before testing
  • Make sure your device supports 64-bit games

TEST OBJECTIVE: Start questing! Is the patch good enough to release?
How to Participate
- Playthrough some quests & VOTE on the release
- Tell us about *new bugs (the beta shouldn't add any issues) - comment below!
- Tell us about major issues affecting saves, visuals, sound & quality - comment below!

How to opt-in & verify you're using the correct version
  • Please make sure you're using a clean (unmodded) install. Clear your override folder before testing the beta build
  • In your Steam Library, Right-Click on the game and choose “Properties”
  • Click on the Beta Tab
  • Choose the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu
  • If you don't see the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu, please restart Steam
  • In-game, on the main menu, you will see that the build is 2.6.5.0

WHAT CHANGED SINCE THE LAST BETA
All Games | Removed potion stacking "fix" so potions of power effects will continue to stack.
All Games | The Mass Invisibility sound should now play as expected
All Games | Extended casting animations for certain monsters
BGI | The applicants in Rasaad's area should now charge to their death instead of following the player
SOD | Corrected shaman summoning circle animation

We'll move forward with a 2.6 Patch release when we hear feedback from enough Windows, Linux & macOS players.
*Note: We're focusing on Windows macOS & Linux now, but stay tuned for details on the 2.6 Patch for Android & iOS!

Join the Beta & Vote Below!

Testing Status:
10/10 Windows Players (Done!)
3/3 Linux Players (Done!)
3/3 macOS Players (Done!)
  1. Is the Steam 2.6.5.0 Patch Ready to Release for Baldur's Gate I/II & Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions?35 votes
    1. Windows | Yes, Release the patch!
      68.57%
    2. macOS | Yes, Release the patch!
      11.43%
    3. Linux | Yes, Release the patch!
      11.43%
    4. No, it's not ready! (Please explain)
        8.57%
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• kokarol91kokarol91 Member Posts: 24
    is there a chance that you will soon add a translation of bg sog to consoles? I mean exactly the Polish translation. I asked few times, but i dont have a answer.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    kokarol91 wrote: »
    is there a chance that you will soon add a translation of bg sog to consoles? I mean exactly the Polish translation. I asked few times, but i dont have a answer.

We replied here.
  • kokarol91kokarol91 Member Posts: 24
    I read this post, but honestly I don't know if you will add a translation for consoles in the near future or you have no idea when it will be. Besides, the ps4 version is well done, it's very comfortable to play.
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    The long wait for patch 2.6 seems to be coming to an end.
    I guess everyone is looking forward to the release (even Boo) since it has been quite some time.

Conversely, this means if you find a bug please take some time and post it here now, even if it is as small as a typo. We know 2.7 will come but if it takes as long as 2.6, we would have to stick with problems that could have been fixed. This could be the last chance for a long time.

Be like Noober from Baldur's Gate I and make sure you are heard ... ok, not too much like Noober but draw attention to the issue.

In the Translation Tool are still some pretty obvious corrections pending. I hope someone can go through them and approve them before the release @JuliusBorisov.
    JuliusBorisovoakheartsrdbeamdog
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    All translations for a game are exported as a part of each data build for that game.
    Does this also apply to the original English strings?
    That are the ones I was talking about.
    Yes, English text suggestions included. Thanks!
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2021
    IWD:EE 2.6.5 beta is playing well on macOS 10.15.6.

Now, I haven't done the deep dive that Luke would do into spell mechanics etc., but the game UI is working as expected (load/save/spellbooks/inventory etc), vendors and innkeepers are working as expected, no problems with quests (at least as far as the Vale of Shadows...I haven't ventured further with a new party), party generation is working and I haven't yet been able to break the game when testing various graphics, sound and gameplay preferences.

(I don't have access to the BG/BG2 betas)
    Post edited by oakheart on
    JuliusBorisov
  • J_DomenicoJ_Domenico Member Posts: 4
    BG:EE, Steam Installation, MacOS
    Does anyone else has this issue: When going to the edge of the map to transition to another area, then decide to stay on your current map - characters continue their movement towards the map's edge, bringing the World Map screen all the time? The only way to stop this is to click the button in the top left corner of the world map screen. Issue has been with me since the first beta.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 35
    Will the patch 2.6.5.0 for the IE games be quickly available at GOG when it'll be released ?
    We plan to release the patch simultaneously on GOG, Steam and in the Beamdog Client.
    ATigersClawsuy
  • DyrmazDyrmaz Member Posts: 7
    I hope IOS will come soon after, i really want to play SoD with german text.
    StummvonBordwehrrami
  • oskargargasoskargargas Member Posts: 14
    BG:EE, Steam, MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Doesn't run through Steam. Works ok if I go to installation folder in terminal and run `BaldursGate-macOS` binary by hand.

When ingame everything works fine (going through SoD in Polish).
  • GurkengeleeGurkengelee Member Posts: 56
    Played through a bit of BG:EE and SoD on German translation and everything seems fine. Is there an option for BG:EE and BGII:EE to activate German text but keep the English speakers? Doesn't seem like it.
    Played through a bit of BG:EE and SoD on German translation and everything seems fine. Is there an option for BG:EE and BGII:EE to activate German text but keep the English speakers? Doesn't seem like it.

You can do that manually. Go to Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition - lang - de_De folder and clear these folders:
    data
    sounds

This way you will remove German VO.
    Gurkengelee
  • TheChaosKingTheChaosKing Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021
    How much vote for release ?

French translation is good !
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    French translation is good !

Not quite there yet unfortunately, there's still that "tone" shift from the original translation :(
    @JuliusBorisov Speaking of which, you mentioned some time ago that you were maybe having a look at that. Any progress there? :)
    jazira
  • Dan_PDan_P Member Posts: 123
    I don't know if this was mentioned already but there's a bug when importing an underleveled Ranger into ToB (this is on Windows with the current 2.6.5.0 beta). I think very few people would actually be affected by this since most would create a new character or continue a character from SoA, but just in case you want to fix it...

For other classes when underleveled, you get taken to the Proficiency screen when importing into ToB. For Rangers, you get taken to the Racial Enemy screen. If you click back, then go pick proficiencies, no bug occurs. If you pick a Racial Enemy without going back first, you end up with too many items to start. Here's some screens of how it looks, with and without the bug.
    tj5ua8h3i753.png
    8fd425krcw0z.png
    DoubledimasATigersClawJuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    We plan to release the patch simultaneously on GOG, Steam and in the Beamdog Client.

That reminds me, has the Beamdog Client been fixed on Linux?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    dp85 wrote: »
    I don't know if this was mentioned already but there's a bug when importing an underleveled Ranger into ToB (this is on Windows with the current 2.6.5.0 beta). I think very few people would actually be affected by this since most would create a new character or continue a character from SoA, but just in case you want to fix it...

For other classes when underleveled, you get taken to the Proficiency screen when importing into ToB. For Rangers, you get taken to the Racial Enemy screen. If you click back, then go pick proficiencies, no bug occurs. If you pick a Racial Enemy without going back first, you end up with too many items to start. Here's some screens of how it looks, with and without the bug.
    tj5ua8h3i753.png
    8fd425krcw0z.png
    I can confirm this on 2.6.5.0.

@dp85 Thanks, passed this info along. The bug also occurred on 2.5 (so it's not new for 2.6).
    @Mera That is still a WIP. We'll announce the decision when we're ready.
    Mera
    So, just one more macOS and one more Linux user needed to confirm that the 2.6.5.0 beta is working like a charm.
    Anybody out there?
    TheChaosKing
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2021
    So, just one more macOS and one more Linux user needed to confirm that the 2.6.5.0 beta is working like a charm.
    Anybody out there?

Well, I'll take the awesome responsibility for the brethren of Steve Jobs. And I hesitate somewhat (- Shattered Hand might be completely unplayable for all I know)

edit: yikes, wait a minute - I speak for IWD alone (which seems to be fine). I haven't tested BG/BG2 (since I don't have these on Steam). As such, I won't be voting.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    We'll be figuring out when the patch should be released.

pa3iokkjqt2t.jpg
    ATigersClawBubbrami
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    edited March 2021
    Aedan wrote: »
    We'll be figuring out when the patch should be released.

pa3iokkjqt2t.jpg

But before that we will have ver. 2.6.6.0 and possibly 2.6.7.0 >:)

Testing till May or even June...

Soon... :'(
    MERLANCE
    I'm pretty sure this is it.
    Hopefully, Beamdog finishes strong by wrapping everything up to release 2.6 next week.
    AaemforeverRedglyphrami
  • GurkengeleeGurkengelee Member Posts: 56
    And then the even longer wait for all the mods to update I guess.
  • Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    edited March 2021
    Just started a new playthrough with the Beta, and noticed that the inventory icon for Mulahey's Holy Symbol has some problem: its background is off, and you can see it on the lower left of the image.
    cj9v4isis8aa.png
    Another problem I've noticed is that I can't take screenshots while the game is in full screen mode. I have to disable that option to take a screenshot, which is rather incovenient.
    I'm currently playing on Windows 10.
  • Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    I've found another problem: Mad Arcand's quest won't start when talking to him, nor will end when doing it with his ring in the inventory.

Though I'm not sure this is the right place to post this kind of things. Would appreciate if anyone would point me to the right thread, if that's the case.