Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Planned Patch Items | Windows, macOS, Linux

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @4ltair That is what "base" would imply. Race and Dex are bonuses to the base, not a part of it.

Maximum HP is the only stat that doesn't work that way, and in part is what leads to the many bugs it has.
    StummvonBordwehrProont
  • 4ltair4ltair Member Posts: 24
    kjeron wrote: »
    @4ltair That is what "base" would imply. Race and Dex are bonuses to the base, not a part of it.

Maximum HP is the only stat that doesn't work that way, and in part is what leads to the many bugs it has.

Then the term used by the game is a bit misleading as for me base would imply something that is permanent (does not depend on equipment or buffs) and should include at least the racial bonus + what you allocate manually, as that value cannot be changed during normal game-play.

Even more intuitively, base should be racial + your natural (unbuffed) dexterity + manually allocated points and any addition to this value should be treated as bonus, as those would be the natural skills of you character and those natural skills are then modified by equipment, spells and potions.

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Your understanding is backwards for the simple fact that racial and stat modifiers are applied after, not before.
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    From a pure logical perspective I must say I agree with @4ltair.
    Manually allocated points, racial, and dexterity bonuses should be the base.

If this behaviour is intended and being applied consistently though, I don't see a reason to change it now.
    ineth
  • GaurBretilGaurBretil Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021
    srdbeamdog wrote: »
    2.6 Patch Highlights
    [*] Added French, Italian, German, Ukrainian and Polish text localizations to Siege of Dragonspear

Hello, Beamdog!

First of all - thank you for keeping my favourite games alive!

Could you please also add Russian text localization to SoG?

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    I don't know if it is because of 2.6 patch or SCS 33.7, but sometimes after protecting the Ducs from Sarevok, Winsky Perotate appears but Sarevok doesn't say his final speech, and after that an invincible neutral Winsky stands there, and Belt and Lilah have nothing to say.
  • GorlodGorlod Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021
    I'm playing with 2.6 and found a minor bug in the reform party screen. I spoke to Coran and the reform party screen apeared as usual but I didn't want him in my party. I know I could simply kick him but I loaded a game just before speak with him and the reform party screen was still there with my party and Coran portraits. Then "kicked" Coran (he wasn't in my party) and reform party screen closed. This only happens when you load a game without closing that screen. I didn't test further and don't know what happens if I kick a NPC in my party and keep the "ghost Coran".

P.D: I tested the same thing with Garrick but this time loaded a previous run, the Garrick portrait changed to this one Osprey_WOMAN2_Portrait_BG1.png
    Then I kicked Edwin and the game crashed. I tried loading different saves of the same run, and it keeps happening (no portrait change this time). The game crashes if you kick an actual party member.
    Post edited by Gorlod on
    ATigersClaw
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    lol what about the spanish localization of SoD?
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    edited April 2021
    Kharador wrote: »
    lol what about the spanish localization of SoD?

I tried to join the translation team of all games to update/fix/make the brazilian translation come faster and nothing came of it. :/
    Kharador
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    If you don't have any mods installed (empty override folder) than it would definitely help if you could upload a savegame so Beamdog can investigate this matter @Gorlod.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308

the issue is that the mixing of percentage bonuses and flat bonuses is always confusing
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    4ltair wrote: »

Then the term used by the game is a bit misleading as for me base would imply something that is permanent (does not depend on equipment or buffs) and should include at least the racial bonus + what you allocate manually, as that value cannot be changed during normal game-play.

Even more intuitively, base should be racial + your natural (unbuffed) dexterity + manually allocated points and any addition to this value should be treated as bonus, as those would be the natural skills of you character and those natural skills are then modified by equipment, spells and potions.

The base value is the value before any bonuses have been applied. That's a pretty common term and also a rule for D&D games in general (including AD&D 2nd edition, upon which the series are based). So for thieving skills, these are the points that you have assigned to them.

Note that in computer games, you generally have the bonuses (such as racial and dexterity) already included in the displayed value as a player aid, so you can easily see what the final values are. That's only for the convenience of the player.

The bonuses are added to the base value to get to the final value. They are not part of the base value, but part of the bonuses. Thus, anything that affects base values should not affect bonuses.
    AerakarTarotRedhandProont
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Hello everyone,

Quick question regarding a bug which occured in my iPad play through (So 2.5)
    Is the issue with Draconis dragon form spawning over your party and preventing them to move fixed with the upcoming 2.6 release ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Do you have a save so that we could load it and check? (you might need to first send a save to your email)
    edited April 2021
    Do you have a save so that we could load it and check? (you might need to first send a save to your email)

I don't think I've got one unfortunately, as I'm way past that point, but the bug should be quite straightforward to reproduce.
    Attack draconis with characters in his melee range until the dialog where he turn into dragon begins.

He transforms into a dragon with his hitbox overlapping with your characters, trapping them inside - they can't move afterwards while he proceeds to maw them down :)

It seems to be somehow similar to the issue where two characters pile-up and get stuck.

This also happened to me when Bodhi turned into a bat during the last encounter in Chapter 6 catacombs - she got stuck on Jaheira, and I had no other option than to reload (as there's no CTRL+J on iPad) - Jaheira was not able to move, and Bodhi was not able to get to her coffin.

I did not have the issue against Abazygal, but he usually opens the fight after with a Dragon Buffet right after transforming, which was not the case for Draconis if my memory serves well. I was also much more cautious about its transformation than initially against Draconis, having only Mazzie fighting him close.

Edit some other reports :
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/257350/discussions/5/1727575977582701811/
    It's also mentionned on the wiki :
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Draconis
    That's an Enhanced Edition bug, I never got it in the original edition. Characters that are close to human form Draconis are not (or not always ?) blown away, and the dragon form spawns and traps them within its enlarged collision circle. If you fall back before he turns you'll be fine, though it's easier said than done.
    This fight isn't hard so long as he doesn't sit on you. If he sits on your toons and traps them he picks them off one by one. So when he is getting ready to die in human form simply have your toons back off. Otherwise it is just a regular dragon fight, just at really high level which is appro..
    JuliusBorisov
  • RavenRaRavenRa Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I play on the ipad pro 11. Of course, it is important that the game was on the full screen. Since I play constantly with the illumination of objects turned on, I would like that the inscriptions of the names above the players were not in black squares, but just letters on a transparent background, or to be able to turn off the names leaving the illumination of the rest. and it is desirable to smooth it without sharp outlines and contours. Thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited April 2021

Hi Julius @JuliusBorisov

I have e-mailed you some save games for iOS

1) one of the savegames is just prior to the Draconis encounter. When changed into dragon form, the dragon will spawn untop of charname

2) another savegame is in Amekthran. When traveling with Dorn, the new Dorn area will open once leaving the city, charname will spawn in the top right corner of the new arena. Charname cant escape the corner nor the area (pocket plane helps partially).

3) some pictures from the Draconis fight. Draconis in Human form will deal non lethal damage...
    k0hwmi8om5hk.png
    rl11cla0s5lr.png
    20o5lrmbtigl.png
    dsd5mcxwv8ll.png
    AranthysJuliusBorisov
    Thank you !
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • AvengerNX09AvengerNX09 Member Posts: 10
    @JuliusBorisov

Is there any information you can share on a possible release date range for the iOS versions? Is there a TestFlight build?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Any release date for the Window patch yet? I'm probably out of the loops on comms. I mean outside of Beta.
    metalmunki wrote: »
    Ulgoth's Beard should be accessible first time only via a new area map exit on the Black Dragon Gate (AR0100) and placed NW above Baldur's Gate city on the world map. This will preserve the difficulty flow of the game without new players bumbling across the town too early, as well as line up with proper FR canon. The town has always been in the wrong place on the world map.
    This would likely cause outrage from players (see change made to potions) and is probably best reserved to mods.

Other changes look pretty fine to me.
    StummvonBordwehrMERLANCE
  • xantroxantro Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021
    Patch 2.6.5.0 is here \o/
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Isn't ver 2.6.5.0 the same one as in the latest beta?

So nothing was added since then and it became the official version?
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    edited May 2021
    Thankyou Beamdog!
    Fireball pro and Bigby's Hand graphics:
    onqzgi35ya5d.png
    Post edited by kungfuhobbit on
  • BorkBork Member Posts: 3
    I'm unable to run the game. Newest Steam version just doesn't start - no error message it just hangs up after attepmting to launch it. If I subscribe to 2.5 all works but newest version doesn't launch. Does anyone know good troubleshooting guide for newest version? I tried everything but most troubleshooting guides refer to old problems and don't help with newest release.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    Bork wrote: »
    I'm unable to run the game. Newest Steam version just doesn't start - no error message it just hangs up after attepmting to launch it. If I subscribe to 2.5 all works but newest version doesn't launch. Does anyone know good troubleshooting guide for newest version? I tried everything but most troubleshooting guides refer to old problems and don't help with newest release.
    Is your computer system 32 bits or 64 bits ?
    I remember reading somewhere than 2.6 only works on 64 bits.
  • BorkBork Member Posts: 3
    64 bit Win 10 newest update, newest drivers, went through checklist of most troubleshooting guides for older versions before I realized 2.5 works normally.
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
    I assume, since this subcategory still exists, that there are still planned updates in the short term?
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    Icewind dale 2.6 multiplayer I think its a bug sometimes if companion will spell Animated death then the skeletons are under control of the leading character. Do you know the reason?