Skip to content

[mod] Athkatlan Grounds: Southern Edge

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Thanks! Will try to remember and fix it next time I'm updating the mod.
    Hope you'll have fun doing those quest, adventuring and chillin' in the tavern ;)
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    edited April 2021
    Athkatla Grounds are now always installed on my EET runs.

I encountered a journal bug, I think it already was mentioned but just in case :
    The journal entry for the quest "You can't escape the past" doesn't update when you finish it.
    And another one :
    For the quest "Crate needed" (don't know if this one is from Southern Edge or Tangled Oak Isle), when I brang a crate to the angry man, he thanked me and the quest was completed, but he didn't took the crate, which stayed in my inventory.
    Are you using the most recent version of the mod? Check the readme and let me know what version are you using.
    I'm using 3.11.
    The newest version is 3.21, but I think the bug may still be there. If that's not a problem, leave a screenshot of that entry so I knew which specific entry that is.

Cheers!
    The newest version is 3.21, but I think the bug may still be there. If that's not a problem, leave a screenshot of that entry so I knew which specific entry that is.

Cheers!
    1g1gn7vcqdcl.jpg
    I think I found a possible exploit with the book collector :
    He said he will only take books not yet published, and still he accepts Umar Witch book. Problem is, the Innersval inkeeper have more than 70 copies of this book in his inn. And the book collector takes all the books !
    Maybe he should only accept the first Umar book, and then refuse any copies ?
    Oh, I forgot about that. Yeah, next time I'm updating the mod, I will make sure he accepts only the first copy. Thanks!
  • Eddard_StarkEddard_Stark Member Posts: 52
    When I go to the Southern Edge in game, the background of the area is all black. I can still move my character around and still talk and see NPCs, but everything else is black. Do any of you have any solution for my problem?

I play the game on IPhone.
    I think it's some problem with the mobile version of the game. The same problem happened to another player with my new Kuldahar mod. Sorry, I can't help you with that, I never played the mobile version of any IE game and I have no idea how they work.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    Hello! Here is an improved Russian translation of the setup.tra file and item_usability.tra (edits from Ulpian)
    edited September 2021
    Ok, will be included in the next update. Thanks

EDIT: Done!
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited August 2022
    Hi Lava, something to report, not sure whether it is intended:
    1) The NPC who lost the figurines- I can convince him to commit suicide, but it seems like I still can continue his quest, and the dialogue options with the other NPCs (e.g. with Nib) are hinting that he is still alive and we are helping him

2) Ring of sacred shades- I equipped the item but found that there is no negative plane protection passive buff. The item description has stated it provides immunity to level drain.
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    I'm enjoying this very much, but I'm confused where to get the belladonna from. I've gone over waukeen's promenade again and again and can't find it anywhere, and talked to all the sellers and none of them have it.
    She merchant (woman) next to the circus tent has it among her wares. Just checked it to make sure I remember correctly.
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    Ah, I got it, thanks.
  • chibisenseichibisensei Member Posts: 36
    Haven't played Bg2 in a long time and recently decided to add mods to the game - thanks it was a fun short mod.

My only minor criticism:
    The Library of Thought helm (made by Cromwell from the wyvern and eye stalk) is a little too powerful - take a way the insect plague spell so it does not make bringing along a druid for that spell redundant. BTW does the helm give critical hit protection as this is not listed in the description? And what do I do with the other wyvren head (used one for the helm and I still have one - maybe a trophy? lol). And perhaps reduce the XP you get for completing the parasite book quest - 15,000xp seems to be excessive for each player rather than for the group as a whole for a quest that was not dangerous - I had more difficulty with the carrion crawlers in the Ooze lounge than the parasite demon.

Thanks for a great mod - I also added the Ooze Lounge mod - it was short, fun and fit nicely. Looking forward to trying out your other mods as well.
    As for the stuff in the spoiler box:
    Sorry, but I do not agree -- in the mod you need to find all 4 part of the parasite, which mean you need to complete at least 2 other mini-quests and fight the angry bard, talk to a couple of people, handle the quest outside the district (which also includes fighting tasloi, shriekers, myconids, wyverns and a gauth) then report back and face the parasite. Now check the reward you get for a WAY shorter quests like the "skinner" murders - you get for 23 250 Confronting Rejiek and 45 000 for reporting back (68 250 in total). Dryad acorns? The total of 51 750 and it's getting them from point A to point B, it's just stretched. Copper Coronet? 48 750 for freeing Hendak alone. If you go to the ship-building and kill the slavers -- you get 38 000 for each party member so up to 228 000 XP. My quest gives you up to 90 000 so not even half of what you get for a quest that is just a tiny bit longer. And yes, in the slaver quest, you have to fight more, but you also get XP for each of those enemies.

While it's much for BG1 standards or P&P games, it's not much for BG2, which is QUITE generous when it comes to even simpler quests.

Apart from that, I hope you'll enjoy Athkatlan Grounds in general. Cheers!
    As for the stuff in the spoiler box:
    Sorry, but I do not agree -- in the mod you need to find all 4 part of the parasite, which mean you need to complete at least 2 other mini-quests and fight the angry bard, talk to a couple of people, handle the quest outside the district (which also includes fighting tasloi, shriekers, myconids, wyverns and a gauth) then report back and face the parasite. Now check the reward you get for a WAY shorter quests like the "skinner" murders - you get for 23 250 Confronting Rejiek and 45 000 for reporting back (68 250 in total). Dryad acorns? The total of 51 750 and it's getting them from point A to point B, it's just stretched. Copper Coronet? 48 750 for freeing Hendak alone. If you go to the ship-building and kill the slavers -- you get 38 000 for each party member so up to 228 000 XP. My quest gives you up to 90 000 so not even half of what you get for a quest that is just a tiny bit longer. And yes, in the slaver quest, you have to fight more, but you also get XP for each of those enemies.

While it's much for BG1 standards or P&P games, it's not much for BG2, which is QUITE generous when it comes to even simpler quests.

Apart from that, I hope you'll enjoy Athkatlan Grounds in general. Cheers!

True - lol - I don't remember the last time I paid any attention to XP rewards from the vanilla game - it was just complete the quest and get the reward, without paying too much attention to the actual reward XP but since I added mods - you wonder what you'll get as a reward and for XP - so you are right - its not a whole lot compared to other rewards.

BTW
    Was just wondering why does the making of the Library of Though helm cost 20,000 gold - thats almost the same price as the Robe of Vecna (which actually be priced at 5 times what it is currently being sold for) - is a nerf possible for the helm - especially the spells added to it - it would have been an amazing helm even without the added spells and perhaps reduce to the cost 10,000
    edited June 2023
    Was just wondering why does the making of the Library of Though helm cost 20,000 gold - thats almost the same price as the Robe of Vecna (which actually be priced at 5 times what it is currently being sold for) - is a nerf possible for the helm - especially the spells added to it - it would have been an amazing helm even without the added spells and perhaps reduce to the cost 10,000
    Because the components are "nastier" to work with and the new mods generally give you more gold, so there must be something (or someone) to take that gold. Thus sometimes you will see those prices higher.

And as I wrote a couple of times before: Southern Edge is already available in 7 different languages. Sorry, but if I was to change each item someone dislikes each time it's mentioned and then contact 5-6 different translators and ask for help to adjust all translations, then I would need to say "bye-bye" to all new projects and focus only on such updates. The mod has been already available for 6 years and somehow the game didn't break. So I'll leave it to the players if they want to use the item or just "skip it" or just keep it off, in their stronghold, as a trophy :wink: And some people like powerful stuff, so... as I said: I'll just leave it as it is so people can decide if they want to forge/use the helmet.

EDIT: And the more I think of it, I realize I like what this helmet is like. These mods are both for others and myself.
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
    Because the components are "nastier" to work with and the new mods generally give you more gold, so there must be something (or someone) to take that gold. Thus sometimes you will see those prices higher.

And as I wrote a couple of times before: Southern Edge is already available in 7 different languages. Sorry, but if I was to change each item someone dislikes each time it's mentioned and then contact 5-6 different translators and ask for help to adjust all translations, then I would need to say "bye-bye" to all new projects and focus only on such updates. The mod has been already available for 6 years and somehow the game didn't break. So I'll leave it to the players if they want to use the item or just "skip it" or just keep it off, in their stronghold, as a trophy :wink: And some people like powerful stuff, so... as I said: I'll just leave it as it is so people can decide if they want to forge/use the helmet.

EDIT: And the more I think of it, I realize I like what this helmet is like. These mods are both for others and myself.

lol - absolutely true - you'd be updating forever lol
    I'll use the monster parts as a trophy in my stronghold, it should look nice on a wall someplace or over the fire place ... hmmmm I wonder if a druid can wear the helmet (i don't remember checking) - since I have a mod that prevents single and multi-class druids from wearing anything made of metal and the helmet is made from monster parts.
    It's in the item description: the item is an arcane amplifier and can only be used by mages and bards.
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 26
    hello @LavaDelVortel ... here the spanish translation .. thanks for your work
    Thanks! I will look at it later today and update the mod when I have a moment :)
    The new version is up!
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 178
    Southern Edge is a really great mod. I think I almost managed to solve
    all the quests without help, excluding perhaps one or two pointers (e. g.
    when I was not sure how to help the guy on the top left corner; and
    initially I was not able to find all books, but after re-reading the thread
    here I found out where the issue was.)
  • akaineakaine Member Posts: 11
    edited March 5
    This is the first time I am playing this mod and I am stuck in the forest area where I am supposed to get the special wood for the parasite quest. The issue is that I am unable to enter the cave at 920-270. Not sure what is wrong, but I am pretty stuck in this area forever, as there is no way back until you get the wood (I assume). Could someone pass the me the area code for the cave, so I would try to teleport there, or the quest, so I could advance it via CLI, please? As I've checked, simply summoning the wood doesn't do a thing.

Update:
    I have found the code for the cave area, which is `L#ND10`. However for some reason the game crashes when I am trying to teleport there. All other areas of this mod (before 10 index or after) work fine for me and I can teleport there without issues.

Update 2:
    Copy pasted all L#ND09* and L#ND10* files from the downloaded mod to the override folder and the area transition from 09 to 10 worked. This is weird though, as I was sure WeiDU installer automatically CRC checks copied files during install.
    Sorry, I am unable to say what could have caused it, never such a problem was reported nor I have never encountered it myself. Perhaps some other mod changed something with that area or... dunno. I am really guessing here. But it looks like you managed to get it work more or less.
  • ErykErykErykEryk Member Posts: 25
    Hello, merchants in sounthern edge district are giving crazy good money for party's equipment. Is it intentional?
    You will get some better offers there than in most Athkatlan places, yes, but worse than you would from the Fletcher in Trademeet after saving the city or than you would get from some stores later in the game. Is it slightly too high? Maybe by 5-10%. It's up to you if you want to abuse it, though. Since it depends on the players where they sell their stuff, I'm not planning to change it anytime soon.