Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• LeiluLeilu Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2021
    Am I the only one where this mod makes the "new" content of the EE disappear in BGEE ? With the mod, when I walk into the Friendly Arm Inn, Dorn isn't there. Without the mod, he's there.
    Trouveur
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    Leilu wrote: »
    Am I the only one where this mod makes the "new" content of the EE disappear in BGEE ? With the mod, when I walk into the Friendly Arm Inn, Dorn isn't there. Without the mod, he's there.
    No, I said it two times in this thread.
    Leilu
    edited April 2021
    I just noticed that there is the same bug with this mod in BG2EE too. For example, I can't find Hexxat in the Copper Coronet where she should be.
    Trouveur
  • TwiceTestedTwiceTested Member Posts: 18
    Just realized myself that I can't find hexatt on my playthrough either. I also didn't see Neera show up in the bridge district while going through there either. Haven't been to tradesmeet and I didn't check for Dorn when I was in the temple district.

REALLY weird that the EE guys would just be dropped somehow. But hey, IE games and updates with mods, am I right?! Weirder stuff has happened.
    Trouveur
    Yep it's a bug introduced by 2.6. I reverted back to 2.5 and Dorn was there.

I suppose we'll have to wait for a workaround or a mod update this time.

I just can't play BG without this mod and his great inventory.
    AndreaColombo
  • meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2021
    Yep it's a bug introduced by 2.6. I reverted back to 2.5 and Dorn was there.
    I can't reproduce, but there are changes in BGEE.lua related to DLC, try the attached file.
    You might also want to add this function to UI.menu file:
    -- goes after function isDLCBuyButtonClickable()
    function setDLCPurchased(index, purchaseLevel)
        purchasedDLC[index] = purchaseLevel;
    end

shaylo wrote: »
    Someone got GOOD fix for missing journal entries ? I mean just most of quests from mods are not visible in quest book/journal book. I have to manually save notes for remember it.
    Install all the mods you use except DUI and then post override/BGEE.lua.

Or try this.
    1. Install the mods you usually install before DUI
    2. Backup override/BGEE.lua
    3. Install DUI
    4. Restore BGEE.lua from backup
    5. Install the rest of the mods
    6. Create override/M_dui.lua with the following content:
    function updateTable(first, second)
    	for k, v in pairs(second) do
    		first[k] = v
    	end
    end

fontcolors['X'] = 'FF7D7D7D' -- gold yellow/orange
    chapterBackground = ""

-- 0 = BGEE, 1 = BG2EE, 2 = IWDEE
    if engine_mode == 0 then
    	for i = 14, 51 do
    		-- DUI doesn't check for nil and overwrites existing values
    		-- I don't know if it's intentional, only single value is actually replaced
    		--	chapterBackgrounds[20] = "BPEND"
    		-- everything else from 14 to 51 is nil
    		if chapterBackgrounds[i] == nil then
    			chapterBackgrounds[i] = "GUICHP0A"
    		end
    	end
    end

-- vanilla SoD styles
    updateTable(styles, {
    	gamelog =
    	{
    		color = 'B',
    		font = 'POSTANTI',
    		point = 12,
    		useFontZoom = 1,
    		valign = 'top',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    	normal =
    	{
    		color = 'B',
    		font = 'MODESTOM',
    		point = 14,
    		useFontZoom = 1,
    		valign = 'top',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    	normal_parchment =
    	{
    		color = '5',
    		font = 'POSTANTI',
    		point = 12,
    		useFontZoom = 1,
    		valign = 'top',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    	title =
    	{
    		color = '1',
    		font = 'SHERWOOD',
    		point = 20,
    		useFontZoom = 0,
    		valign = 'center',
    		halign = 'center',
    	},
    	parchment =
    	{
    		color = '5',
    		font = 'POSTANTI' ,
    		point = 12,
    		useFontZoom = 1,
    		valign = 'top',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    	button =
    	{
    		color = 'B',
    		font = 'MODESTOM' ,
    		point = 18,
    		useFontZoom = 0,
    		valign = 'center',
    		halign = 'center',
    		upper = 1,
    		pad = {8,8,8,8},
    	},
    	label =
    	{
    		color = 'B',
    		font = 'MODESTOM',
    		point = 14,
    		useFontZoom = 0,
    		valign = 'center',
    		halign = 'center',
    	},
    	label_parchment =
    	{
    		color = '5',
    		font = 'POSTANTI',
    		point = 12,
    		useFontZoom = 0,
    		valign = 'center',
    		halign = 'center',
    	},
    	button_parchment =
    	{
    		color = '5',
    		font = 'POSTANTI',
    		point = 12,
    		useFontZoom = 0,
    		valign = 'center',
    		halign = 'center',
    		pad = {0,5,0,0},
    	},
    	edit =
    	{
    		color = 'B',
    		font = 'MODESTOM',
    		point = 14,
    		useFontZoom = 1,
    		valign = 'top',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    	edit_parchment =
    	{
    		color = '5',
    		font = 'POSTANTI',
    		point = 12,
    		useFontZoom = 1,
    		valign = 'top',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    	list =
    	{
    		color = 'B',
    		font = 'STONESML',
    		point = 18,
    		useFontZoom = 0,
    		valign = 'center',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    	list_parchment =
    	{
    		color = '5',
    		font = 'POSTANTI',
    		point = 12,
    		useFontZoom = 0,
    		valign = 'center',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    	gold =
    	{
    		color = '$',
    		font = 'MODESTOM',
    		point = 12,
    		useFontZoom = 0,
    		valign = 'center',
    		halign = 'center',
    	},
    	label_loadname =
    	{
    		color = 'B',
    		font = 'MODESTOM',
    		point = 20,
    		useFontZoom = 0,
    		valign = 'center',
    		halign = 'center',
    	},
    })

-- DUI specific styles
    updateTable(styles, {
    	rg_trajan =
    	{
    		color = '5',
    		font = 'RGTRAJ',
    		point = 14,
    		useFontZoom = 1,
    		valign = 'top',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    	normal_big =
    	{
    		color = 'B',
    		font = 'MODESTOM',
    		point = 18,
    		useFontZoom = 1,
    		valign = 'top',
    		halign = 'left',
    	},
    })

updateTable(const, {
    	START_CAMPAIGN_BG = 1,
    	START_CAMPAIGN_BP = 2,
    	START_CAMPAIGN_SOD = 3,
    })

People having issues with missing Dorn and Neera should try this method as well. If BGEE.lua doesn't exist before DUI, just rename it after DUI is installed.
    The code is universal and should work for SoD / BG2EE / EET.
    Post edited by meowdog on
    Leilu
    I can confirm that Meowdog's file fixed it for me. I can now see Clara (who say's she Hexatt) where i couldn't see here in the copper place before.

Thank you Mewodog for the fix!
    Update to my update. Game kept crashing for some reason after using Meowdog's file. I replaced the original one then just played without the EE guy. Haven't crashed since. REALLY weird, maybe because it's a game in progress with a lot of mods?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    Another strange thing : I had many crash in the lava area of the Ruined Temple of Amaunator with DSUI, whereas in another run without it I didn't have any.
  • luke_sfluke_sf Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2021
    Is there a way to show the sorcerer's spell slots on the mage book? Like, how many slots you (have in total*/have left) for that level.
    @TwiceTested @Trouveur
    I didn't encounter crashes per se, but multiple times there was a bug that resulted in glitchy graphics even after quitting the game, I basically had to reboot my laptop every time. I think it only happened while talking to NPCs. This was yesterday, today I wasn't able to reproduce it :/
    luke_sf wrote: »
    Is there a way to show the sorcerer's spell slots on the mage book? Like, how many slots you (have in total*/have left) for that level.
    In 'MAGE' section of UI.menu file you need to create a label like this:
        label
        {
            -- adjust these properties
            area 1050 144 186 36
            text style "rg_trajan"
            text align right center

-- for sorcerers magePageInfo provides number of slots left
            text lua "magePageInfo()"
            enabled "bookMode == 0 and characters[id].hasSorcererBook"
        }

Trouveur
  • luke_sfluke_sf Member Posts: 7
    @meowdog
    Thank you! that did it for me. The only thing i had to change was the Y coordinate to 160, so it wouldn't overlap with the "memorized" text, then again, thank you!
    obia9n9410bt.png
    Meowdog, my crashes always seem to happen when a dialog pops up. The weirder thing is that I can't seem to repeat it either, it just randomly crashes when it wants to when a dialog is started.

Also, the crashes still happen so it wasn't your fix for the EE stuff that caused it. Luckily it isn't TOO frequent, and usually after the first crash, the next time I open the game it plays just fine.
    UGH! This crash thing has gotten annoying. Crashes ever 0-15 minutes for me now. I wish there was some kind of error message that popped up that could help me pinpoint where the crash is being caused. Now it crashes even without dialog pop ups.
    edited May 2021
    @TwiceTested
    It's probably not going to help, but there are some logs when you run the game from terminal.
    The easiest way to get these logs is to create a bat file, e.g. "run.bat", in the game directory with the following content:
    Baldur.exe 2> log.txt

It will redirect messages in terminal to log.txt file.

But unless it crashes because of an error in Lua code, I don't think there will be anything useful in the logs.

Edit:
    My "glitchy" problem seems to be a faulty gpu driver:
    Linux kernel logs:
    [May1 18:03] i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] GPU HANG: ecode 6:1:85fffffc, in BaldursGateII [19347]
    [  +0.000559] i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] Resetting chip for stopped heartbeat on rcs0
    [  +0.101438] i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] BaldursGateII[19347] context reset due to GPU hang

I was able to reproduce it without any mods with (almost) clean BG2EE install.
    Post edited by meowdog on
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    So, I'm thinking about looking for a volunteer to help me with it. Some experience with LUA coding and basic knowledge of UI.menu structure would be required I think.

I was thinking you could choose a new maintainer in case you wont be able to keep working on the mod. Do you think this is possible?

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Felipefpl wrote: »
    So, I'm thinking about looking for a volunteer to help me with it. Some experience with LUA coding and basic knowledge of UI.menu structure would be required I think.

I was thinking you could choose a new maintainer in case you wont be able to keep working on the mod. Do you think this is possible?

I'm not looking for a maintainer, rather co-developer, though it's just wording. However, the current version of the mod is obsolete and needs to be replaced. It was my first work and no longer upholds the standards I have today. The new version will practically be a new mod, it is being done from scratch.
    AndreaColomboEtaminGrammarsaladwolfguardian
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    I'm not looking for a maintainer, rather co-developer, though it's just wording. However, the current version of the mod is obsolete and needs to be replaced. It was my first work and no longer upholds the standards I have today. The new version will practically be a new mod, it is being done from scratch.

I see, good to see your work still goes on. Good luck with it. :)
    I would LOVE to help with this mod, but I fear that lack of knowledge of LUA coding and the UI.menu structure would hold me back from being productive.

Is there anyway for someone who is new to LUA coding able to help with on this? This mod is literally my favorite mod for Baldur's gate and I would love to see it updated with the new patch (I still keep getting crashes when playing with the current version).
    @meowdog I finally got the bat created, sorry about the delay. I've attached the log. There is a lot of:

INFO: LUA: UI string not found:

but I'm not sure if that would cause the game to crash. I can reliably reproduce this with a current save file where I go to the bridge district for the first time, cast a spell, then get 'mugged' by a bandit. did it two times so far. Also, the cast a spell part makes me think it might have something to do with the ShadowMagic mod I have installed by AionZ, but again I'm not sure if that's the case.
    log.txt 25.4K
    @TwiceTested
    Missing ui strings are totally normal.
    I don't see in the logs anything out of the ordinary. Well, it was a long shot.
    So, 2.6.6 downloaded automatically without asking (thank you Steam) and now I'm not crashing at the same point. Will play for a bit and let you know if I continue having the issue. REALLY weird, I didn't even re-install my mods and they all seem to be working fine after a patch update.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    edited May 2021
    I would LOVE to help with this mod, but I fear that lack of knowledge of LUA coding and the UI.menu structure would hold me back from being productive.

Is there anyway for someone who is new to LUA coding able to help with on this? This mod is literally my favorite mod for Baldur's gate and I would love to see it updated with the new patch (I still keep getting crashes when playing with the current version).

There is one side project to this mod that doesn't require any coding, if anyone is interested. A while back I was experimenting with creating a bestiary as a journal section based on "Creature: Death" information in the main gameplay log. Such a thing would require to have at least some meaningful description of all creature-races in the games, that would be part of the bestiary. It would also be possible to uncover some additional information based on number of kills, such as combat statistics - but that would require to gather those statistics. And of course it would be nice to have some pictures, at least screenshots of the in-game paperdolls photoshopped in some meaningful manner.
    It is a huge amount of work and I wasn't sure if there was any actual demand for this so it stayed as a theoretical possibility, but if I had these data, it could be easily implemented.
    Post edited by Pecca on
    GrammarsaladLudwig_II
  • ChaosRoninChaosRonin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2021
    First really love this UI its a fantastic package, although I have noticed some small problems, that I hope someone can help me with.

- The Quick Save Button is not working when pressed and is showing the thieving hotkey instead of the Quick Save
    p824yi0odh3k.png

- The Quick Loot text in the Hotkey Menu is not displaying correctly and is showing up as text "32217"
    95vlh1kjwtl9.png

- The Dialog Box is too small and some text gets cut off, It seems to be only the box when not actively talking to someone as I notice that it was ok mid conversation with NPC's. I also tried enabling UI edit mode and just moving the box a bit but the Border Graphic is not long enough to accommodate.
    3nqqsm9o6eus.png
    maz8lij9q30w.png

@meowdog Thanks for that update file, fixed my issue with the disappearing EE NPC

@Pecca If your looking for descriptions BGEE Sword Coast Survival Guide that is in the Manual folder of the Install location has some decent text with some comments from Volo and Elminster aswell.

Post edited by ChaosRonin on
  • BrecherBrecher Member Posts: 47
    @Pecca
    It is possible to load lvl 9 spells in a Chain Contingency using your UI mod. Mabe you want to include Bubb's fix in a new release:
    "I just tested it - the culprit is Dragonspear UI++. Open UI.MENU and replace all instances of:
    maxMagePage >= 8
    with
    maxMagePage > 8"
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comme...Comment_1170657
    Pecca
  • StonewallStonewall Member Posts: 1
    meowdog wrote: »

People having issues with missing Dorn and Neera should try this method as well. If BGEE.lua doesn't exist before DUI, just rename it after DUI is installed.
    The code is universal and should work for SoD / BG2EE / EET.

Thanks so much for your work! This fixed my issues!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Pecca If you have no time to publish an update of the mod for 2.6, would you mind collecting the fixes mentioned in the past page or so and adding them to the first post? It would be really helpful to have them all in one place so we could apply them.
  • p6kockap6kocka Member Posts: 65
    After replacing the bge.lua with the update.zip from meowdog Neera is finally showing up but the entire quest log in journal is empty. Is there a way how to fix it pls?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Stop press.

This doesn't work with EET?

My entire playthrough is down the drain :(