Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Attention, Beamdog forum-goers!📢Starting on November 8, our forums will be unavailable for a few weeks while we migrate to a self-hosted site.

Check out the full announcement for more information on forum features, data transfer, and 3rd party OAuth:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/83099/beamdog-forum-migration

[MOD] Items of the Planes

124»

Comments

• LK2020LK2020 Member Posts: 15
    @Aquadrizzt Great to hear, looking forward to it!

• DerKimboDerKimbo Member Posts: 1
    @Aquadrizzt Thanks for that mod, I was really eager to try it out. Unfortunately, installing your mod broke the game and your items are displayed like this
    invalid: 107434
    I have no idea what I did wrong. the .rar file was extracted in the main folder like every other mod, I ran the .exe and everything seemed okay. But items are broken.

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,023
    @DerKimbo , what version of PSTEE are you playing on and what system? Can you post/send me the weidu.log file (you can open it in a text-editor).

That looks like a string issue, could you also try running it as an administrator (if on windows)?

• GuboGubo Member Posts: 59
    Hey @Aquadrizzt, Loving all your mods. I am about to start another play through and was wondering if any updates were about to release. Checked your github activity and going off of that I would imagine probably not.

Was not sure how best to inquire about any updates and I am sure I am not the only one so hope this is fine. Thank you for your work!!! :D

Isewein
    @Gubo, thanks for your continued interest! No updates are coming any time soon, unfortunately.

Gubo
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 420
    edited October 5
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    Sometimes the aesthetic idea of a mechanic is more important than the practical aspect itself. Few games exemplify this as well as Planescape.

There is an idea in game design where how players perceive a game's mechanics/balance is often more important than how balanced the game actually is.

I like that notion. Be fancy, call it Ludophenomenology, become an expensive consultant to game companies on the topic, retire, use all the time in the world to finish your Ps:T mods. :D

• UranistUranist Member Posts: 3
    Hello, Aqua. Could I ask if your mod affects tattoos in other ways? I tried it and found out, that some tattoos aren't sold at all. Missing all +2 stat ones, plus spec ones(didn't get mage lvl 7 tattoo).
    Is thi because of your mod or else? I also used bags of torment, UB reloaded 1.5 and journal portraits. What could affect Fell's stock?

Just curious. Doubt UB, bags and portraits can affect Fell's stock. So i think it's because of some item chenges.

Uranist wrote: »
    Hello, Aqua. Could I ask if your mod affects tattoos in other ways? I tried it and found out, that some tattoos aren't sold at all. Missing all +2 stat ones, plus spec ones(didn't get mage lvl 7 tattoo).
    Is thi because of your mod or else? I also used bags of torment, UB reloaded 1.5 and journal portraits. What could affect Fell's stock?

Just curious. Doubt UB, bags and portraits can affect Fell's stock. So i think it's because of some item chenges.

The removal of the +2 attribute tattoos was intentional - it was to make room for the major tattoos component. The removal of the specialization tattoos and the bigger deal tattoos (specialization, some of the major quest ones) was meant to be a temporary measure while I implemented the major tattoos. At some point my modding directory got reset and a lot of work that I had done on the major tattoos got lost, and I never got back around to implementing them.

Both types of tattoos (+2 stat and specialization tattoos) still exist in the game and you can use the console to add them to your inventory if you want them on your playthrough.

Isewein wrote: »
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    Sometimes the aesthetic idea of a mechanic is more important than the practical aspect itself. Few games exemplify this as well as Planescape.

There is an idea in game design where how players perceive a game's mechanics/balance is often more important than how balanced the game actually is.

I like that notion. Be fancy, call it Ludophenomenology, become an expensive consultant to game companies on the topic, retire, use all the time in the world to finish your Ps:T mods. :D

Haha I wish. I've been on a big "games are about constructing an experience" kick recently and I think that's pretty apparent in my more recent mods. Glad you enjoy my mods - sorry they're all kind of on ice while I work on my PhD.