Skip to content

[MOD] Items of the Planes

124»

Comments

• LK2020LK2020 Member Posts: 16
    @Aquadrizzt Great to hear, looking forward to it!
  • DerKimboDerKimbo Member Posts: 1
    @Aquadrizzt Thanks for that mod, I was really eager to try it out. Unfortunately, installing your mod broke the game and your items are displayed like this
    invalid: 107434
    I have no idea what I did wrong. the .rar file was extracted in the main folder like every other mod, I ran the .exe and everything seemed okay. But items are broken.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @DerKimbo , what version of PSTEE are you playing on and what system? Can you post/send me the weidu.log file (you can open it in a text-editor).

That looks like a string issue, could you also try running it as an administrator (if on windows)?
  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 75
    Hey @Aquadrizzt, Loving all your mods. I am about to start another play through and was wondering if any updates were about to release. Checked your github activity and going off of that I would imagine probably not.

Was not sure how best to inquire about any updates and I am sure I am not the only one so hope this is fine. Thank you for your work!!! :D
    Isewein
    @Gubo, thanks for your continued interest! No updates are coming any time soon, unfortunately.
    Gubo
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited October 2021
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    Sometimes the aesthetic idea of a mechanic is more important than the practical aspect itself. Few games exemplify this as well as Planescape.

There is an idea in game design where how players perceive a game's mechanics/balance is often more important than how balanced the game actually is.

I like that notion. Be fancy, call it Ludophenomenology, become an expensive consultant to game companies on the topic, retire, use all the time in the world to finish your Ps:T mods. :D
  • UranistUranist Member Posts: 4
    Hello, Aqua. Could I ask if your mod affects tattoos in other ways? I tried it and found out, that some tattoos aren't sold at all. Missing all +2 stat ones, plus spec ones(didn't get mage lvl 7 tattoo).
    Is thi because of your mod or else? I also used bags of torment, UB reloaded 1.5 and journal portraits. What could affect Fell's stock?

Just curious. Doubt UB, bags and portraits can affect Fell's stock. So i think it's because of some item chenges.
    Uranist wrote: »
    Hello, Aqua. Could I ask if your mod affects tattoos in other ways? I tried it and found out, that some tattoos aren't sold at all. Missing all +2 stat ones, plus spec ones(didn't get mage lvl 7 tattoo).
    Is thi because of your mod or else? I also used bags of torment, UB reloaded 1.5 and journal portraits. What could affect Fell's stock?

Just curious. Doubt UB, bags and portraits can affect Fell's stock. So i think it's because of some item chenges.

The removal of the +2 attribute tattoos was intentional - it was to make room for the major tattoos component. The removal of the specialization tattoos and the bigger deal tattoos (specialization, some of the major quest ones) was meant to be a temporary measure while I implemented the major tattoos. At some point my modding directory got reset and a lot of work that I had done on the major tattoos got lost, and I never got back around to implementing them.

Both types of tattoos (+2 stat and specialization tattoos) still exist in the game and you can use the console to add them to your inventory if you want them on your playthrough.
    Isewein wrote: »
    Sometimes the aesthetic idea of a mechanic is more important than the practical aspect itself. Few games exemplify this as well as Planescape.

There is an idea in game design where how players perceive a game's mechanics/balance is often more important than how balanced the game actually is.

I like that notion. Be fancy, call it Ludophenomenology, become an expensive consultant to game companies on the topic, retire, use all the time in the world to finish your Ps:T mods. :D

Haha I wish. I've been on a big "games are about constructing an experience" kick recently and I think that's pretty apparent in my more recent mods. Glad you enjoy my mods - sorry they're all kind of on ice while I work on my PhD.
  • UranistUranist Member Posts: 4
    Uranist wrote: »

The removal of the +2 attribute tattoos was intentional - it was to make room for the major tattoos component. The removal of the specialization tattoos and the bigger deal tattoos (specialization, some of the major quest ones) was meant to be a temporary measure while I implemented the major tattoos. At some point my modding directory got reset and a lot of work that I had done on the major tattoos got lost, and I never got back around to implementing them.

Both types of tattoos (+2 stat and specialization tattoos) still exist in the game and you can use the console to add them to your inventory if you want them on your playthrough.

OK, ty, I see. I wa guessing, why they don't exist in store. I mean, some existed, some didn't.
    edited June 2022
    Major tattoos are finally here! Get the latest release featuring 9 playstyle-defining major tattoos in the link in the top post.

Major tattoos are unlocked via significant achievements throughout the game, and can be equipped by TNO in the chest slot (regardless of current class). Go find weird, unintended synergies and enjoy a bunch of new playstyles. Full descriptions for all the new tattoos are available in the item index on the first page of this thread.

Major tattoos added in this update can be unlocked via:
    • bringing the Severed Arm to Fell
    • getting a level 12 specialization
    • killing or saving Trias
    • completing Dak'kon's personal quest
    • hearing all of Yves' tales
    • resolving the Byron Pikit/Trist quest

More to come when I have an opportunity.
    Post edited by Aquadrizzt on
  • LK2020LK2020 Member Posts: 16
    Amazing thank you! Ive been holding off a playthrough for these :-)
  • SilveriasSilverias Member Posts: 1
    So, I am using the power of belief, is there any chance of getting that Blind sage's eye as something priests can use?

(Or can someone tell me how to edit it myself? I have NO idea what I'm doing with this.)
    Silverias wrote: »
    So, I am using the power of belief, is there any chance of getting that Blind sage's eye as something priests can use?

(Or can someone tell me how to edit it myself? I have NO idea what I'm doing with this.)

It should be usable by Priests by default. I just checked the usability flags.
    Small release to celebrate the beginning of another stressful academic semester. Link to the release in the top post of this thread.

This item features reworks to 7 previously untouched items, buffs to 4 existing items, a few small mechanical changes, and a few minor bug fixes.

Full patch notes available on GitHub.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    All hail to your brain box! ;)
  • PumpkinPiePumpkinPie Member Posts: 2
    Hi, @Aquadrizzt , I'm not sure if it has been brought up before, but Igness' teeth seem to be not working at the moment, at least for me. They are equippable, but while having them equipped, Morte will not attack at all and they won't show up in the quick weapon selector. It might be caused by the removal of the interactability ("use" button), as before, to be properly equipped, they had to first be interacted with. Not a modder though, just a wild guess on my part.

Anyways, I love this mod to bits, you're quite creative with the abilities and some of the items just ooze flavour after you've tweaked them.
    I've got eaten by the Gauntlets of Teeth, because I didn't have the Remove Curse spell yet, and I wasn't even mad that I had to replay about an hour of gameplay because I forgot to save. :D
    PumpkinPie wrote: »
    Hi, @Aquadrizzt , I'm not sure if it has been brought up before, but Igness' teeth seem to be not working at the moment, at least for me. They are equippable, but while having them equipped, Morte will not attack at all and they won't show up in the quick weapon selector. It might be caused by the removal of the interactability ("use" button), as before, to be properly equipped, they had to first be interacted with. Not a modder though, just a wild guess on my part.

Anyways, I love this mod to bits, you're quite creative with the abilities and some of the items just ooze flavour after you've tweaked them.
    I've got eaten by the Gauntlets of Teeth, because I didn't have the Remove Curse spell yet, and I wasn't even mad that I had to replay about an hour of gameplay because I forgot to save. :D

I had the same issue.
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled game and then did mods.
    After that, it works as usual.
    edited October 2022
    @PumpkinPie , that is very strange. I see the problem you're talking about. I'll rebuild the item and see if that fixes the problem. Glad you're enjoying the mod! It's really one of my favorite projects.

@Gubo, are you saying that it works fine after a quick reinstall, or that it still doesn't work?

EDIT: Okay I figured it out. Apparently if you put the magical abilities in front of the weapon abilities, the game can't find them. It'll be fixed in the next release, or you can download the associated item file from PlanarItems/items/ITEETH.itm from GitHub to the /XYZ/PlanarItems/items folder and reinstall the mod it to fix the problem.
  • PumpkinPiePumpkinPie Member Posts: 2
    @Aquadrizzt jumped in just to try it out and Morte is munching again! Tried out the magics too just to be sure, also with no problem at all. Thank you very much for your fast reaction, you're a real blood!
    That it worked after a quick reinstall.
    edited December 2022
    Happy holidays everyone! I've been working on the v0.6 patch for the last few months, and I'm very happy to finally be able to share it. As always, the latest release can be found in the GitHub link in the top post of this thread.

This release includes the following features:
    • Four new major tattoos and one new minor tattoo
    • A slight nerf to Gauntlets and Punch Dagger weapons
    • The merging of Clubs, Maces, and Hammers into the Blunt weapons proficiency
    • Minor changes to 12 other items, including gear for Nordom, Ignus, and Fall-from-Grace
    • A rebalance of all spells in the game, including overall standardization of effects and some QoL updates (AoEs no longer hit non-enemy NPCs)
    • Slight changes to Dak'kon's and Ignus' starting spellbooks
    • A new Spell Upgrades system that allows your spells to react to your gear, quests, and other lore you might find.
    • A host of bug fixes

The Spell Upgrades system I've added in this patch allows for a variety of things. Two of the most notable effects are Pyromancer, which changes all elemental damage you deal with spells to now be Fire damage, and Supreme Healer, which maximizes the healing from Fall-from-Grace's Cure Wounds spells. Many of Dak'kon's and Ignus' custom spells from the original game have been reimplemented as upgrades to existing base spells instead (e.g. Submerge the Will is now an upgrade to Shield).

The five new tattoos are available from Fell after completing the following requirements
    • The Planeswalker: return to Sigil
    • The Consort: kiss Ravel
    • The Exile: complete the Player's Maze, defeat the Wizard Construct in the Modron Maze, and escape Ravel's Maze
    • The Gallant: be extremely flattering to Ravel
    • The Shadows: have 100 points in Stealth

This patch lays the groundwork for a few things that I still want to achieve, such as more interaction between your story choices and your gear/spells, a more balanced distribution of alignment restricted rewards, and some more extensive revisions to the consumables in the game. I hope you all enjoy it!
  • LuisCellungLuisCellung Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2023
    Hello @Aquadrizzt, i want to report a possible bug. Deionarra's Wedding Ring (the one you get after convincing Iannis to give Deionarra's legacy) changed to Black Barbed Wand. It has both the stats and description of Black Barbed Wand but it was using ring' picture and can only be put in ring slot

Edit: I uninstalled this mod and Deionarra's Wedding Ring come back to normal i.e. both stats and description use Deionarra's Wedding Ring. But when i reinstall the mod the bug also returned
  • raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2023
    Hi @Aquadrizzt,

I'd like to report possible bugs:

1) Friends spell doesn't work - charisma isn't increased and the section "Currently affected by" is empty.
    2) Enchant weapon spell - THAC0 doesn't change on the stats screen, however "Currently affected by" says the spell is active.
    3) Strength spell - in the description it says "Powe on One: The target also gains a +4 bonus to Wisdom". Is it correct?
  • bratmanntoffelbratmanntoffel Member Posts: 1
    Same here. Including the already mentioned ones, these are the possible bugs I recorded so far:

1) Deionarra's wedding ring (both versions) - appear as black barbed wards, although they can be worn in the ring slot (upgraded one just says claw)
    2) Ignus hand - says only mages but can be worn with any class
    3) FFG's hand - says only enchanted +1
    4) Spiked gauntlets of ogre power - are not usable by anna while not flagged as TNO only

5) Enchant weapon spell - has no visible bonus to self in stat screen while being shown under "Currently affected by" and its scripture of steel bonus shows no bonus or active to companions in stats screen
    6) Shield spell - submerge the will bonus doesnt seam to apply (no +2 saving throws in stats screen)
    7) Strength spell - power of one bonus doesnt apply
    8) Pain mirror - seems not to apply (even not under "Currently affected by")
    9) Blessing spell - gives +1 dmg but not +1 to hit in stats screen

10?) Protection - has no visible aura (thought it had one but not sure anymore)

as I may leave a suggestion I think submerge the will spell should be target caster only thematically, as its description says its power comes from *knowing* the teachings of the third circle of zerthimon..
    this might also be the case for zerthimon's focus spell, where it says it helps to remember zerthimon's teachings..
    edited April 2023
    Thank you @LuisCellung @raizo @bratmanntoffel for the bug reports. Most of these should be easy fixes.

Deionarra's Wedding Ring was a string overwriting issue. I have fixed that on my local version.

Ignus' Hand has been fixed to only be usable by Mage TNO.

Grace's Touch description has been updated to properly reflect the +3 Enchantment level.

Gauntlets as a category are not usable by Annah (she can only use Punch Daggers). I can add description notes to Thief weapons for this and for non-Axe Fighter weapons for Vhailor.

I'll push these changes to the github version once I've figured out the spells. The spells are having separate issues, so I'll take a more thorough look when I'm back at my workstation.

I will say that I think the effect I use for THAC0 bonuses doesn't show up in the character screen but it should show up in the combat log. I recall having a reason for using this one over other modifiers, but I'll see if I can convert to one of the more visible effects for THAC0 bonuses.

Thanks for playing the mod and for the thorough feedback.
    edited April 2023
    Friends: I was able to identify the problem and I believe I have fixed it.

Enchant Weapon: THAC0 bonuses tend to not show up in the PSTEE character screen. Reviewing the combat log shows that it does grant the THAC0 bonus.

Scripture of Steel: The conditional bonus to nearby party members should now show up in the "Currently affected by" section.

Submerge the Will: I can't replicate the missing saves. Are you sure TNO used the Third Circle of Zerthimon prior to casting Shield? Also, Submerge the Will (via the Shield spell) can only target the caster.

Strength/Power of One: There's something weird happening here. It looks like the Wisdom bonus only applies if Strength is cast on TNO/Dak'kon with the appropriate upgrade. I'll see if I can figure a way out to fix this. UPDATE: I have figured out what the problem is - I tried to cut a corner with subspell files and turns out that it only works if the caster check is done via a spell, not an external effect. This also fixes an (harder to detect) issue with the Vilquar's Eye upgrade.

Pain Mirror: I have been unable to replicate the missing "Currently Affected by" or the missing damage.

Blessing: As with Enchant Weapon, the THAC0 bonus applied here will not show up in the character screen, but will show up if you look in the combat log.
    Okay, I have published the patch to the Github.

You can get the fixes here.

Thanks again for the bug reports.
    edited April 2023
    While working on debugging some other features, I've noticed that Grace's attacks only do 1d3 magic damage (with no self-healing property). this will be addressed in a future patch.