Skip to content

[MOD] Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options (for all EE games patched to v2.0 or higher)

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Endarire wrote: »
    (Cheats are toggleable according to the readme. This would have been better for me to have in the main post, but thankee!)

For EET, does this mod allow toggling cheats?

It's already mentioned in the first post of this thread. See the "Components" spoiler section.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @argent77 Question - Is there a way to break the highlighting of creatures, containers, doors, and transitions into two?
    One for Creatures and one for everything else? I like to keep the highlighting on, but the names on my party create a mess to look at.
    What exactly do you mean? The highlighting feature introduced by EE patch 2.0 only affects creatures. Highlighting doors and containers (either with TAB key or by hovering cursor over the object) is/was always available without having to enable explicit options. The visual characteristics of creature highlighting is defined by shaders. Everything else appears to be hardcoded.
    I was hoping to have a way to highlight everything as is currently done, but remove/hide all the names that appear over character and NPC heads.
    In this screenshot, if the stairs and bookcase could keep their icons and highlight but the people all have their names hidden.
    4hcsc5b5z08p.png
    [spoiler/]
    I don't think that can be done with game options.

There is a way to disable character (overhead) tooltips by setting a certain status flag for every creature file in the game. It can be easily done with a WeiDU mod. But that would be a change that can't be quickly turned on and off.
    edited August 2020
    That would be great! Installing a mod to turn on and then uninstalling to turn off is fine as the name of people is more of an annoyance to me and keeping it off is fine. Especially in SoD. The doorways, area transitions, and containers is what I really want to see.
    Here you go!

There are two components. First components updates all game creatures. Second component updates all party member and creatures in saved games (this component is not logged since uninstalling it would destroy any game progress).
    Necromanx2Gusinda
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is perfect so far! You may want to make this a stand alone mod as I could see people wanting this (especially in SoD).

One question, this will work in BGEE, BG2EE, IWD, and PST?
    edited August 2020
    Yes, it should work for all EE games patched to 2.0 or later.
    edited August 2020
    OK. My save game works great.

If I start a new game, my PC has the Tooltip. Everybody else seems good and when I got Imoen she did not have the tooltip. So bug on PC (started two new games to confirm) still having tooltip when starting a new BGEE game.

EDIT: So much cleaner now!
    a7ouq66l3phd.png
    [spoiler/]
    Gusinda
    That's what the second component is for. Generated characters (as well as party members, most NPCs and actors on already visited maps if you continue an existing game) exist only in the saved game. You have to run the second mod component to update them.
    edited August 2020
    Ah! So every time I start a new game, I need to save and then run the second component again.
    Thank you!
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    Is this compatible with Dragonspear UI++?
    It should be. It's listed in the compatibility section of the mod's readme.
    tl1942
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    Great, thanks!
  • EaeelilEaeelil Member Posts: 2
    Is there anyway to reset the UI modifications to default values? Say I mess something up and wanted to revert back to how it originally was.

Also, I've noticed that once I get the menu placed how I want. If I go into the character screen and leave the modifications are skewed. Boxes will be out of place and I have to redo them. Any suggestions or ways to set the menu more permanently?

Thanks for making this mod! Even without the UI part I was really needing something to gauge spell AOE. That works wonderfully.
    Eaeelil wrote: »
    Is there anyway to reset the UI modifications to default values? Say I mess something up and wanted to revert back to how it originally was.
    To reset all options to their default values simply delete (or rename) the baldur.lua file. It can be found somewhere in the "My Documents" folder (e.g. in "Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition" for BG2:EE).

Also, I've noticed that once I get the menu placed how I want. If I go into the character screen and leave the modifications are skewed. Boxes will be out of place and I have to redo them. Any suggestions or ways to set the menu more permanently?
    Are you talking about the "UI Edit Mode" option? In that case I can't really help you since I never used it myself. You might find an answer in this topic though.
    Although my guess is that you simply have to delete the file UI.MENU from the game's override folder to revert any UI changes. However, you should uninstall this mod (Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options) first, since it also made changes to that file. Afterwards you can install this mod again.
  • shayloshaylo Member Posts: 40
    Its now working for me :/. I dont have EEUIT tweaks mod, onky EET Tweaks. Whats wrong with it ?
    Its my weidu config
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Should this be installed before or after other UI mods?
    Should this be installed before or after other UI mods?

It should be installed after other UI mods since some of them require different placements of the options.
    AndreaColombo
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @argent77
    What happens if I install LeUI before Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options and want all options to be installed (#1) as a convenience?
  • ToliasTolias Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2022
    Hi, I used the UI Edit mode to fiddle with the dialogue/response boxes a bit (make them bigger & so on). It worked OK in Irenicus Chateau (dialogue with shapeshifter was fine) but after I entered the promenade my response box dissappeared (i.e when I talk to someone I don't see their dialogue and my response list).

Is there some way to restore everything to default settings?
    edited May 2022
    Tolias wrote: »
    Hi, I used the UI Edit mode to fiddle with the dialogue/response boxes a bit (make them bigger & so on). It worked OK in Irenicus Chateau (dialogue with shapeshifter was fine) but after I entered the promenade my response box dissappeared (i.e when I talk to someone I don't see their dialogue and my response list).

Is there some way to restore everything to default settings?

The changes made after enabling UI Edit mode are stored directly in the same file that is also updated by this mod to add new game options, so you can't just delete it without removing the features from this mod as well.

Instead you could try uninstalling the Hidden Game Options mod and the reinstall it again. This process should reset all manual changes made afterwards.

(Be careful though if you installed the mod as one of the first in a large stack of mods. It can cause trouble as well, since uninstalling it will automatically recreate the whole stack of mods up to the Hidden Game Options mod. In that case it's probably safer just to delete the file in question (UI.MENU from the override folder) and live with the fact that you can't access options from this mod anymore.)
  • ToliasTolias Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2022
    argent77 wrote: »
    it's probably safer just to delete the file in question (UI.MENU from the override folder) and live with the fact that you can't access options from this mod anymore.)

Thanks for the quick reply. I ended up renaming UI edit from override folder (which fixed the disappeared functionality) and then just run Setup HiddenGameplayOptions.exe and re-installled manually. Everything seems to be working OK now (knock on wood).
  • zaninvictuszaninvictus Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the amazing mod!

FYI: I did the default install all AND "Update key bindings for priest and/or mage spells" in the current steam version of PSTEE for a new game. When I got into the game I changed gameplay options and setup my keybinds.

Keybinds didn't work in the game (as in neither the defaults nor my new keybinds). I used the UI to reset to defaults, still keybinds didn't work. Tried restarting multiple times in case it had something to do with that, no go.

I ran setup again and uninstalled "Update key bindings for priest and/or mage spells". Keybinds now work (both default and when I reset via the UI).

I do still see mage and priest spells available to bind in the UI... is that part of the base game?
    Keybinds didn't work in the game (as in neither the defaults nor my new keybinds). I used the UI to reset to defaults, still keybinds didn't work. Tried restarting multiple times in case it had something to do with that, no go.

I can reproduce the issue. It looks like PST:EE uses a different internal order for keybinding commands which results in mixed up shortcut keys. I'll try to fix it in the next release.

Btw, the keybinding component is only really useful when you've installed mods which introduce new mage or priest spells.