Skip to content

The most fun you’ve had playing this game.

NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
What is the most entertaining moment in the game for you? This can either be a part of the game itself or a personal experience you had that may or may not have been experienced by anyone else.

For me, there was this moment during the final battle in SoA when Anomen got chunked. I was like “Welp, now I don’t need pick who
Sarevok
replaces.”
ArviaJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrAerakar

Comments

• Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 326
    There’s so many! Particularly when I first played. Defeating a dragon, using the rogue stone to enter a secret entrance, creating a very evil leather armor, I could go on and on.
    Arvia
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    Nothing beats the first ever playthrough BG1. No walkthrough, no forums, no alt-tabbing (win95 sucked), no paused inventory. You didn't even know what the "Armored Fiend" was all about. The real deal!
    sarevok57Grond0Arviaunseeingeye
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    edited June 2021
    Wait I just realized this is the BG2 thread.
    The best part of BG2 was the ending cutscene with these creepy Illuminati-like robed guys. "Gorion's ward has become too powerful." Left me trembling with anticipation for the grand finale.
    Grond0Arviaunseeingeye
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    an entertaining moment for me? every time i land a blindness spell on a dragon, who ever would have thought that such a low level spell would spell out complete disaster for the all mighty reptilian beast haha
    NimranGrond0ArviaAerakar
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I think Blindness might be the best level 1 spell in the game. Going up against a boss? A particularly hard enemy? Noober/Neeber? Blind them all.
    JuliusBorisovArviasarevok57XDarkStrikerX
    @JuliusBorisov that totemic druid run was fantastic.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Arvia I don’t think it’s all that strange, myself. I grew up watching my dad play this game and several others, and that was how I got into Baldur’s Gate and games in general. Whether I’m playing a game myself, or watching someone else play, I can become invested in how the adventure goes. Same goes for when I watch videos or read about them on a forum, I end up saying things like “You got this” even though no one but me hears it.
    ArviaGrond0JuliusBorisovlolien
  • XDarkStrikerXXDarkStrikerX Member Posts: 102
    My first time trying Adalon on solo LoB (not with SCS), decided to give her a fair fight with a F/I. Pre-buffed like crazy for a few minutes, spawned mordy swords, planetar, buffed them as much as possible for efficiency, started the fight and after the first planetar hit, i discovered something totally amazing and unexpected...
    SoA dragons are vulnerable to vorpal hits, Adalon fell as soon as her circle turned red. Prepared for 5 minutes to see her fall in a second, i laughed pretty hard.

2 other amazing moments were soloing LoB/SCS/Ascension Demogorgon and Amelyssan for the first time, that was some fun mind puzzles especially after posting my failures and receiving tips to push it through. Even if that was a personnal achievement, it felt like a group effort to me.

I'm not an OG player so i don't have any old memories but i have a 5 minutes of ''child during a christmas morning'' feeling everytime i discover something new, which still happens on every playthrough even on classes that i already placed and every success is a step further towards NR, which i am pretty close to achieve but still lack the knowledge of. Still great to find safe approaches by myself progressively. I always forget a lightning trap somewhere in BG1 or an acid trap in BG2 that end up one shotting me. The only two Solo LoB/SCS playthrough that i did are the most memorable to me as there is something special about writing your journey instead of only playing through it.

Grond0NimranAerakarArvia
    Writing out the adventures as they happen does seem to make them more interesting. I imagine that’s why bards write songs and stories of their own deeds.
    AerakarjmerryArviaXDarkStrikerX
  • TheodreadTheodread Member Posts: 10
    For me, defeating Firkraag for the first time was unforgettable. Man, the adrenaline rush during that battle. Oh, and I was 16 at the time :smiley:
    ZaxaresAerakarArviaJuliusBorisov
  • KatzerchenKatzerchen Member Posts: 61
    When I found the gifts from the people of Imnesvale in Merella's hut, it was like people actually appreciated what I had done for them. The items weren't that great, but it didn't matter.

Beating that lich in the Bridge District with the longsword from its own crypt, yay! Had a thief grab it first, then went in with my main character who was spezialized in long swords.

When I finally beat that adventurer group in the sewers. Was one of the hardest fights for me. Harder even than Firkraag or the Twisted Rune. Probably because I was at a relatively low level (was the original game, not EE).

That "I did it!" moment after I had beaten the Shadow Dragon. Relatively early.

I also loved the riddles and puzzles in both the temple of Amaunator and Spellhold.

Oh, and while my character hated it, I just looooved being in the Underdark masked as drow.
    Already liked that in the old Menzoberranzan game.

Oh, and I liked the pocket plane. Nice feature.

All of this was a long time ago, but I still remember it.
    There probably is more.

JuliusBorisovNimranAerakarArvia