Skip to content

General BGEE Customization Pre V2.0

18910111214»

Comments

• DoctorRogueDoctorRogue Member Posts: 5
    I am an idiot. The reason I thought the ""SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1') " was disappearing is that I entered it at the top of the file and saved it but when I opened the game the line got moved down the list so I had to scroll down to find it. And for some reason hitting the left Ctrl button and Spacebar on my keyboard doesn't bring the console commands up but hitting the right Ctrl button and Spacebar works fine. Sorry for wasting your time.
  • ArosAros Member Posts: 1
    Cuv wrote: »
    @Gilgalahad That make you happier? These are debug commands and instructions on how to add custom content to your game. If someone wants to use them to cheat, that is their business. These are merely tools that a player or modder can use to see how mods are used to 'tweak' your own game.
    @csuzw You can use either ReputationSet(*number here no quotes) or ReputationInc(*number here no quotes) - this last one can be a positive or negative number. These are in the Action.ids and can be used in scripts.
    @bigdogchris I am still trying to figure that one out. No answer yet, sorry.

You can do it with a console command, no external files needed.

CLUAConsole:Eval("ReputationSet(NUMBER)")

There was also a console command that did this way back in the original version. I remember using it as a kid, but not what the console command was. Unfortunately, it's not coming up in search engines. The one I posted will absolutely work in the EE though.

If anyone blames me for gravedigging, I'm posting a solution to an old unanswered problem after just googling then solving it myself. Hope it helps someone out.
  • CashDiverCashDiver Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2022
    Greetings, is there a way to let Edwin know about his quest accomplishing? He doesn't start a reward dialog. Got BG EE with NPC Mod.
    Everything worked until Dynaheir's diary search proceeding. Now he only says checkmate.

Also would be cool to return his dialog state to the moment, when he can be persuaded to do it insensibly atfer party resting.
    Is it possible to do it through CLUAConsole?
    Post edited by CashDiver on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    CashDiver wrote: »
    Greetings, is there a way to let Edwin know about his quest accomplishing? He doesn't start a reward dialog. Got BG EE with NPC Mod. Everything worked until Dynaheir's diary search proceeding. Now he only says checkmate.

Also would be cool to return his dialog state to the moment, when he can be persuaded to do it insensibly atfer party resting. Is it possible to do it through CLUAConsole?

Is this the dialog you had with Edwin?
    So the witch Dynaheir is dead! I would have thought her more formidable to be so far from her homeland. Why then was she here? Her demise is not the check-mate I had hoped for, merely the check. What? What do you want!? (Oh yes, the matter of payment, although I begin to doubt whether their input was all that vital. Still, something for their trouble is in order, if only to appease them.) As we never fixed a price your payment shall be one year of my services as a wizard. I am sure you agree that my guidance will be far more valuable than any monetary sum.

If so, that's the quest resolution. You have two options:
    1. Accept his offer: "I suppose that shall suffice, though it's a dirty switch you've pulled."
    2. Ask for gold instead: "Not to sleight your abilities, but I would rather have my payment in coin."
    edited September 2022
    AstroBryGuy, thanks, but I meant the conversation
    he starts after a while from joining of Dynaheir, when he is annoyed because of witch is still alive. Then he can be persuaded to kill her himself insensibly after getting a refusal ("I don't really want to kill a witch", or something like that), which is happening later after party resting.

Also there is a bug with the reward dialog above.
    It's not starting after witch death, because earlier I left her at a bar while doing some stuff with more appropriate companions, and as I understood, the reason of bug is vacation for Edwin or Dynaheir after taking them together to party.

So my question is about CLUAConsole solution to solve the bug above and also
    return Edwin dialog state to stage when he can be suggested to complete his quest himself insensibly to make it happen.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    CashDiver wrote: »
    AstroBryGuy, thanks, but I meant the conversation
    he starts after a while from joining of Dynaheir, when he is annoyed because of witch is still alive. Then he can be persuaded to kill her himself insensibly after getting a refusal ("I don't really want to kill a witch", or something like that), which is happening later after party resting.

Also there is a bug with the reward dialog above.
    It's not starting after witch death, because earlier I left her at a bar while doing some stuff with more appropriate companions, and as I understood, the reason of bug is vacation for Edwin or Dynaheir after taking them together to party.

So my question is about CLUAConsole solution to solve the bug above and also
    return Edwin dialog state to stage when he can be suggested to complete his quest himself insensibly to make it happen.

If you want the dialog to fire, you could force it, assuming Dynaheir is dead (Dynaheir being dead is trigger for the dialog). Use the CLUAConsole to set the following:
    C:SetGlobal("DynaheirDeath","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("BeenInPartyTogether","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("EdwinReward","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("bd_accepted_edwin_quest","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("FindDynaheir","GLOBAL",2)

edited September 2022
    AstroBryGuy, thanks a lot, it worked. I also found one more way to make this dialog appear,
    witch must die being out of party.
    I was also interested in triggering the dialog I mentioned above
    when Edwin decides to kill Dynaheir himself insensibly,
    but I changed my mind and shall just replay from earlier saves. Playing as chaotic neutral, and not everything during walkthrough was good-bad-tricky enough. Anyway thanks for help.
  • AKABOSAKABOS Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, do we have somewhere list of global variables? like the ones linked to deck of many things, or ones related to different quests or NPC? i just saw soooo many and all the time you use new ones, i just wonder where you guys get them? there is a list? i found list of NPC codes items and other stuff, but global variables are out of my reach for now...