Skip to content

General BGEE Customization Pre V2.0

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Boromir23786, it looks like you are pressing [CTRL] + [M]. You need to press [CTRL] + [Space] to bring up the console.

[CTRL] + [M] (and then pressing enter) brings up debug information about the area, trigger (signposts, for example), character/creature, container, door, or item (on the ground) the cursor is currently over. it doesn't work the same way the console does, even though it looks like it. Unlike the console, you can leave it blank—or enter a CLUAConsole command that isn't valid—and it would still display that information.

If you are using [CTRL] + [Space], then I have no idea.
  • Boromir23786Boromir23786 Member Posts: 2
    Oh my god, I am so damn awful. I already read that, and I was completely sure I was using [CTRL] + [Space]. Then copied my .ini clean again, modified to pop up the console, used [CTRL] + [M] and received that message, then used the same with [CTRL] + [Space] and it always worked. was sure I was usin Space.... but looks like I was wrong, damn me. Thanks you very much for reminding me this! :D and sorry for the stupid question. Thanks again!
  • WallOfTerrorWallOfTerror Member Posts: 14
    I tried to open command console; a space to write appears under the usual conversation space. When I enter the command and press enter nothing is happening. What am I doing wrong ? Is copy/pasting an issue ? Trying to fix the firebeard scroll bug....
  • RyansPrivyRyansPrivy Member Posts: 2
    Hello friends, I gots me a small problem. I made the change to the .ini file but when I start the game and depress control+space bar all it does is pause the game. console does not appear. I copied and pasted the following to Baldur.ini. 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1'. Did I go wrong somewhere?
    @RyansPrivy, did you make sure to include a comma after the option, too? If it is at the end of the file then that doesn't matter, so you can ignore that question if that is the case.

Example of how it might look:

'Program Options', 'Double Byte Character Support', '0', 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', 'Program Options', 'Drop Capitals', '1',

If that isn't the issue, then perhaps you could copy the contents of your ini file (only the relevant lines, like I did above; one line above and one below, there's no need to copy the entire file since it is quite long in a forum post), or upload the file using the 'Attach a file' link below the comment box. That way we should be able to see if there is a problem there.
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    edited July 2013
    Edit: Nevermind... gotta learn to read an entire post before posting!
    Post edited by Drayen on
  • dixusddixusd Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    Hello I am having the exact same problem as RyansPrivy... the section of my ini file looks like this:-
    (I am using tab although the paste below doesn't show this and I have tried putting the line in several other places too, to no avail... :-( )

INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    'Window', 'Full Screen', '0',

Have I done anything wrong? Please help...

Thanks alot
    Btw I am on windows 7 and starting the game via that tedious Steam app.... (I see no other way for me to start the game)
    Nobody has any ideas?
    @dixusd, what program are you using to edit the INI file?

(As a last resort, you could try uploading the INI file so that we can see - which will probably be the next step, actually)
    I am using notepad++ to edit the file.. I've uploaded my file and you can find my entry just under

'Program Options', 'Double Byte Character Support', '0',

Thanks Troodon80
    Sorry apparently the upload didn't succeed coz of bad file type.. I've zipped it and attached again..
    @dixusd, I have no problems when using your INI file, so I really don't know what the problem could be.

Sorry about that... not sure what else you could try.
  • TeNjOTeNgETeNjOTeNgE Member Posts: 3
    I have managed to enable the CLUA Console and i have managed to test the item spawning. However, i am not able to set XP for my main character.

I wrote the command as
    CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("249000")

Is there anything that i have mistyped?

My Character is a Level 8 Fighter with 250000 for the next level
    And for the record, i was not able to set the XP to 1000 either

Help Appreciated!

@TeNjOTeNgE, if I recall, you are only supposed to use a number without quotation marks. So, this is what it should look like:

CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP(249000)
    Troodon80 said:

@TeNjOTeNgE, if I recall, you are only supposed to use a number without quotation marks. So, this is what it should look like:

CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP(249000)

@Troodon80

I tried inputting without the quotation, it still did not work.

Forgot to state that my BGEE is Steam version

So is there any difference from any other PC versions?

Thanks!

Forgot to state that my BGEE is Steam version

So is there any difference from any other PC versions?

Not that I am aware of, but that is not to say that there is no difference. Unfortunately, I have no experience with the Steam version so, if there is a difference, I cannot help.
    edited August 2013
    @Troodon80

I have found the issue. Everyone is capped at 161000XP. I would have to look into other treads to up the in game limit

Thanks for the help given!
  • dnthymamaidnthymamai Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2013

I tried to open command console; a space to write appears under the usual conversation space. When I enter the command and press enter nothing is happening. What am I doing wrong ? Is copy/pasting an issue ? Trying to fix the firebeard scroll bug....

Guys I have the exact same problem. I do everything correctly (My Documents - change the .ini file, add 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', ) and then when I press Ctrl + Space and the Command Box normally appears at the bottom, I can type CLUAConsole:ExploreArea() (or any other valid command) but when I press ENTER, in order to activate the command, nothing happens! Even if I type ANYthing, still nothing happens when I press ENTER. (the enter button IS working, I can skip conversations with it, tried Numlock Enter after CLUAConsole... and still nothing happens...!!
  • dnthymamaidnthymamai Member Posts: 8
    @WallOfTerror I found the solution to the "bug" you and I wrote about! I reversed the changes to the .ini file ('Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', ) , made it like it was at its original form, saved, then wrote the same again, in another line. Then I saved, and now ENTER works when I Ctrl+space to type CLUAConsole commands. yey! :)
  • NatureDruidNatureDruid Member Posts: 2
    I am having trouble. I entered the text but I cannot press ctrl+tab to access the console.
    edited August 2013
    @NatureDruid, to start with, can you try - and confirm - that you are using [CTRL]+[Space]?

Second, if that does not work, can you try editing the file with Notepad++.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    Cuv said:

@csuzw Okay, here is a simple hotkey script. I am including both a BAF and the BS. Extract and drop the REP.bs into your \00766\Scripts folder. Start the game, goto character sheet -> Customize -> Scripts -> Select it -> Done ->Back into game -> Hit the 'd' key. Your rep will increase by 2.

IF
    HotKey(D)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ReputationInc(2)
    END
    This is a good example of a hotkey script. Simple and easy to use. You can open it in NI or DLTCEP and change the numbers or the action to whatever like and recompile and rename it. You can also take some of the scripts I have posted in the main topic and compile them to BS and use them. I would also direct anyone who is interested in scripting to visit the IESDP site to get more information. Will try to help out as I can with specific-to-BG:EE requests, but modding sites such as G3, SHS or PP you can get more specific information on general modding topics.
    this doesn't seem to work using BG2. (I don't have a 00766 folder, I put it in the script folder with the other scripts). I can choose it as a script but pressing d does nothing.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @taltamir You have to have your Party AI 'on'.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2013
    Cuv said:

@taltamir You have to have your Party AI 'on'.

I had it on.
    EDIT: well it works now... I don't know what the problem was before.
    Thank you.
  • bailoutmcquackbailoutmcquack Member Posts: 1
    Is there a console command to unlock a certain container? Google isn't coming up with anything.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @bailoutmcquack No, but you can do it with a player hotkey script if you know the container ID.

ie: use NI or DLTCEP to convert your script into a .BS.... assign to your character.

IF
    HotKey(D)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Unlock("ContainerX")
    END
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Or just summon a bunch of scrolls of Knock :-D
  • joyjoyjoyjoy Member Posts: 1
    plz help
    I set my Baldur.ini right with 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', and console and CLUEconsole commands are working but the CTRL+ commands dont work so I cant use CTRL+8 for max stats, somebody knows anything about it? Im searching like mad man for some time
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    In the original Baldur's Gate, you had to enter a command in order to get hotkeys to work :
    CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()
    BG1 CLUA console reference

Maybe you need to do that too with BGEE.