Skip to content

General BGEE Customization Pre V2.0

Comments

• Ginsu23Ginsu23 Member Posts: 8
    I can't get the cheat console to come up. Every time i add the line 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1'
    to the baldur.ini file, the line erases after I start the game. What's happening!?! I tried copying the file to the desktop, editing it, then putting it back, didn't work. I made sure the file/folder wasn't marked as read only. I am on the admin account, so I know that's not the problem. What is going on?
    Someone please help me. I am stuck in Durlag's tower 4 trying to get the wardstone in the slime caverns. I can't get to it cuz the secret door won't show up. I need to use the teleport cheat to get in there or i'm screwed. I don't wanna leave the tower and miss out on all the quest xp.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    @Ginsu23 addding 'program options is a mistake. It is already in there as a section declaration.

Get notepad++ and add 'Debug Mode=1' under the already existing Program Options section.
    it's still not working. maybe I'm just putting the line in the wrong place. I'll try a few things.
    the game keeps moving the 'Debug Mode=1' line from where i put it in the baldur.ini file. The line isn't erased anymore, but it's moving. The cheat still isn't working.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @Ginsu23

Maybe the last comma is missing, try pasting the following line in your baldur.ini (it works for me)

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
  • CalebCaleb Member Posts: 6
    Is there a way to change portraits of the other people in your party?
    Caleb said:

@Caleb

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/221987/#Comment_221987
  • CalebCaleb Member Posts: 6
    Erg said:

Caleb said:

@Caleb

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/221987/#Comment_221987
    Thank you :)
    It woks!! Thanks guys. I needed to add the entire thing: 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    now I can teleport and shit. I heard control+shift+8 doesn't work in this game, which is kind of a bummer. Maybe I can just give myself tomes until I have all 18s, lol. And if anyone wants to play DnD online check out a site called roll20.net it's pretty cool.
    BTW. control+shift+8 DOES work. That's awesome. I'm already pretty far into the game with my current character, but my second char will have all 18s.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    edited January 2013
    @Ginsu23: I'm just being curious: why should you want a (nearly) unbeatable character? Would that not make the game less challenging?
  • RoegnarRoegnar Member Posts: 12
    Is there an updated item list for clua, looking for one with upper lvl spells like meteor storm.
    Roegnar said:

Is there an updated item list for clua, looking for one with upper lvl spells like meteor storm.

I'm not aware of such list, but you can always use tools like NearInfinity to browse the item list.
    Never used Nearinfinity, do you download it or something?
    edited January 2013
    Roegnar said:

Never used Nearinfinity, do you download it or something?

You can download it from here Near Infinity.

It requires Java to run, in the unlikely event that Java isn't already installed you can get it from here Java.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Nothing over level 8 for scrolls are in the game. However... the spells are there. You can use NI or Shadowkeeper to add them to your character's Known Spells.

Here are some that I know work in BGEE -
    SPWI812 - Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting
    SPWI808 - Improved Mantle
    SPWI818 - Bigby's Clenched Fist
    SPWI810 - Incendiary Cloud
    SPWI905 - Gate
    SPWI909 - Time Stop
    SPWI911 - Meteor Swarm
    SPWI903 - Spellstrike
    SPWI913 - Wail of the Banshee

Improved Alacrity does NOT work in BGEE... in case you were curious:)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting and Timestop, some of my favorite uber spells. :)
    Got Java and downloaded infinity but not sure what to click to open it.
    just put the NearInfinity.jar on your desktop or wherever... and double click it. Then goto --> open game and browse to your 00766 folder and select the chitin.key. Then it will open up all the files and you can view. BAMs, WAV and some others will not open or throw you errors. it needs to be updated again. But you can look at spells, creatures, dlgs, items, etc
    edited January 2013
    Did what you said, the the chitin.key is not in a 00766 folder, it is in the main folder. I opened it but the files are not what I need apparently, only thing I recognized was music and wav. Or I am just a newb or something.
    Or am I looking for a saved game or something?
    @Roegnar ??? main folder? Are you on PC? If so.. the chitin.key is in the 00766 install folder. Do you see 2DA, ARE, BAM, BCS, BMP, CHR, CHU, CRE, DLG, etc on the left panel? If so... you are there. you can expand those as folder and view the contents
    Oh yeah I see those, but wondering how I figure out how to put those spells in. Not sure what to open
    @Roegnar Ah! You should use Shadowkeeper. You can do it with NI, but you will have to edit a save game and it can be tricky.

If you want to go ahead and try.... get a quicksave of a game with a character you want to add the spells to. Then with NI... open it ... File-> Open File -> browse to your save game folders and find the Quicksave... open into it and find the .gam. Open that with NI.... double click on your character, there will be an asterisk for the first few digits on the right side in view. go down to CRE and have at it. Save, then load up that Quicksave to see if your changes worked or if you crash horribly. If you crash... start over. new Quicksave... edit. It will take some practice. there are likely some basic tutorials on how to use it though.
    edited January 2013
    Ok got the quickgame opened and found my toon, and his list of spells, now how do I get the ones mentioned above into that list, only thing seeing is something to edit a current spell in list.
    Open the CRE file for your character. Switch to the Edit tab... then at the bottom hit Add -> Known Spell ->select spell. Rinse and repeat. Save and load up save:) Don't try to edit the memorization... that can cause crashes if done wrong.
    Ok thanks a bunch for the help.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @Cuv - you sir deserve a cookie!
    well hhmm Cuv I opened the CRE file and go to Edit tab and the add button at bottom is grayed out.
    can you edit and save anything? check your permissions.. is it read only or something? I am not sure