Skip to content

General BGEE Customization Pre V2.0

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    Will they allow you to tweak the pathfinding? I often do full map walks, and find the party members going way out of the way. BGT/Tutu didn't do this. I increased the search nodes in the .ini, but it's not doing anything (why is it even there?).

I thought BGEE pathfinding would be at last as good as BG2, it's not.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Dorn's revised portrait looks good, byw. No need for an override on that one imho.

In addition to the Viconia portrait above, I prefer Rasaad in his original red garb, and the de-purpled version of Neera that Pantalion did for the community. I have the portrait files for Viconia, Neera, and Rasaad available here if anyone wants them:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=7142E8D502FCB574!210

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Cuv said:

Overriding Core Portraits

Some people have wanted to know how this is done. Simply take your custom portrait set and rename them exactly to an existing name. Once that is done, put them in the OVERRIDE! Not the Portraits folder.
    Too late, LOL.

What will happen by putting them in the portraits folder?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @SharGuidesMyHand Uhm.. I suppose they will not only be in the regular portraits but also in your custom portraits. But if you want to override... put in the override:)
    edited December 2012
    Cuv said:

@SharGuidesMyHand Uhm.. I suppose they will not only be in the regular portraits but also in your custom portraits. But if you want to override... put in the override:)

BTW, where is the override folder supposed to be? I can't find it.

Do I have to create one, and if so, where?

(Incidentally, the pics I put in the Portraits folder are overriding fine thus far. I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't cause some sort of problem later in the game.)
    Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on
  • KieaKiea Member Posts: 13
    @SharGuidesMyHand You create the override folder and put it in the 00766 folder of your game.

@Cuv So, my silly question would be, do I need to create these custom portraits for my party before I start a game? I've put IMOENM.BMP and IMOENS.BMP into my override file and the portrait file but nothing has changed.

If I go back to character creation, I have the option to select one of my custom portraits, but Imoen's portrait seems to be staying the same.
    edited December 2012
    @Kiea If you create a folder named Override (note: two r's) at C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766 (i.e., in the 00766 folder) and place the files in that Override folder, with portraits properly sized at 330x210, 266x169, and 84x54, file name no greater than 8 characters in length (first seven letters of the character's name followed by L, M, or S), and files are .bmp, it should work.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2012
    Lemernis said:

@Kiea If you create a folder named Override (note: two r's) at C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766 (i.e., in the 00766 folder) and place the files in that Override folder, with portraits properly sized at 330x210, 266x169, and 84x54, file name no greater than 8 characters in length (first seven letters of the character's name followed by L, M, or S), and files are .bmp, it should work.

I've put those portraits (with the correct filenames) in the Portraits directory and so far it seems to replace correctly the NPCs I wanted to change.
    Cuv said:

Hmmm.... problem with sounds now too. Something has changed. Will update when I know more.

I've tried to put custom sounds as described and it seems that at least the select sounds aren't working (some others are though...)
    Post edited by Kerthal on
    @Kerthal The custom sounds can be made to work. Kinda waiting on the new WeiDU that should be coming out this coming week. I could put up a little mod that will do it for you. It's not foolproof though and does require some minor TP2 editing on the players part. Working on instructions for that.
    Cuv said:

@Kerthal The custom sounds can be made to work. Kinda waiting on the new WeiDU that should be coming out this coming week. I could put up a little mod that will do it for you. It's not foolproof though and does require some minor TP2 editing on the players part. Working on instructions for that.

I did the renaming of the files as mentioned and when I click on my charcater, he does not make the asscociated sound. However when I order him to go somewhere, the correct sound does play. Don't know what's wrong but I'll try to investigate a little bit. But it's not that important so it can wait ^^

Thanks for your help anyway :)
    Sure... Yes, just renaming and dropping in and you get one sound basically. I have something that installs all the sounds to play... but its not finished just yet.
  • secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    edited December 2012
    I kinda wonder what they changed to make soundsets a PITA. They really did have to do a lot of gutting on the BG2 engine. It was drop and go before.
    @secretfire It wasnt something very big... I think it was some strings.

Anyone want to be a guinea pig for a little customize mod that will install your portraits, chrs, sounds, scripts? If so, send me a PM.
    Thanks @Kiea for testing that. Will try to have it ready for the masses soon.
    Kiea said:

@Kerthal I see what I did. I put the .bmp extension at the end of the filename. I don't usually, but I had seen it somewhere on the forums to do that and I thought that's why it wasn't working.

I took the .bmp extension off, and it liked that much better.

Glad to read you found out the problem. Maybe I should put those NPCs portraits in the override directory too ^^

• thekingsownthekingsown Member Posts: 8
    You cant get passed level 9 for some reason with CLUACONSOLE .

Why is that?
    There is a level cap in the game. This is supposed to be vBG1 BG:EE enhanced edition. Depending on your class you can either get to 9-11.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Okay, what's the console code for the bag of holding? I've tried "Bag04" but it suggests the item does not exist. The codes for potion case, scroll case, gem bag & ammo belt all worked. Cheers.
    Try "bag19"... that one worked in the beta.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Cuv said:

Perfect! Ta. For everyone's info, all the other "bagXX" codes are as previous.
    Codes for the new BG2 spell scrolls in EE?

(Eg, I tried using the BG2 code "scrl6f" for Ray of Enfeeblement but that give me Teleport Field in BG:EE.)
    Lemernis said:

Thanks!

I tried going with the original portrait of Viconia, but it was starting to bug me, lol. This looks a little better:

This was always my favorite of all the Viconia portraits I've seen.
  • thekingsownthekingsown Member Posts: 8
    Cuv said:

There is a level cap in the game. This is supposed to be vBG1 BG:EE enhanced edition. Depending on your class you can either get to 9-11.

Hmm that seems like a really low level cap. Im sure it was 20 before if im not mistaken
    It was level 8 in vanilla BG1 actually...heh. Shadows of Amn was 20'ish
  • fourfsfourfs Member Posts: 4
    Cuv said:

FWIW, this gave me a bag with a bunch of bugged/BG2 only items with blank icons. Don't move these items to your inventory! They can't be removed.
    Try Bag31... that one looks empty in NI.
    edited December 2012

Double post

Yup! Thanks.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    edited December 2012
    Can someone provide complete disambiguation of all ini strings? Please.

I understand the old ones, but not the new ones.