Skip to content

General BGEE Customization Pre V2.0

Comments

• marianespmarianesp Member Posts: 6
    Can I tell you how much I love you for this post??? This is exactly what I was looking for - I was missing my old .ini file!
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    Hi. I was wondering how do I remove the experience cap if anyone could help. Please.
  • ibitatoibitato Member Posts: 64
    marianesp said:

Can I tell you how much I love you for this post??? This is exactly what I was looking for - I was missing my old .ini file!

no problems

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I have created a mod to install your custom content including sounds. You can find the post here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/9969/customization-mod

Haven't decided which forum it really belongs in, so will leave it here for now and unstickied. Modding might be more appropriate, not sure.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Isn't there a way to disable the movies? My Intel hardware is barely letting me wander around Candlekeep and it is playable so far, but the movies/cutscenes are simply too much to handle. It tries to play them, the frame rate must be one frame per 4 or 5 seconds, lol. But I can click through them easily enough.

I just hope there is away to simply turn them off.

Before I break anything, I thought that maybe I could just delete all of the movie files? Maybe create "dummy" files of the same format that are blank or something?
    @PeteAtoms Unfortunately no, they are listed in the INI, but setting those to "0" does not disable them. Will report that as a possible added feature.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Cuv said:

@PeteAtoms Unfortunately no, they are listed in the INI, but setting those to "0" does not disable them. Will report that as a possible added feature.

Oh yeah, I messed about with those already :p

It seems those only indicate "have I seen them yet." When I set them all to FALSE, they all switch back after I see them in game.

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    A Tweet from Trent :)

"For PC users, we have a beta big screen mode: put this into your baldur.ini file: 'Graphics', 'Scale UI', '0',"

Tis early days still, but it shrinks the UI quite a bit :D
    @IchigoRXC It does indeed. Not good imho for interiors, but outdoors its very nice.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    IchigoRXC said:

"For PC users, we have a beta big screen mode: put this into your baldur.ini file: 'Graphics', 'Scale UI', '0',"

That explains the incredible blurriness with default settings. All the menu graphics were being stretched out :/
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Is there a way to enable the dice-rolls? Neither 'GUI Feedback Level' (5) or 'Extra Feedback' (set to 1) does seem to work.
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    IchigoRXC said:

Wow, using this..became a BGT feel and you can zoom out further
    not bad, but because the UI doesn't scale up, the menu is positioned on the top mid
  • RafaelRafael Member Posts: 26
    valky said:

Is there a way to enable the dice-rolls? Neither 'GUI Feedback Level' (5) or 'Extra Feedback' (set to 1) does seem to work.

Just go to options > gameplay > feed-back > hit rolls
  • BlackIvoryBlackIvory Member Posts: 75
    does anyone know the item ID for wyvern heads? I accidently sold my 2 heads to a temple and i can't finish Coran's quest now, i tried using MISC52 ID from the list in the OP post but it says it doesn't exist
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I've add the line:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1'

To my Baldur.ini file, but I can't get the console to open in the game, I've tried both Ctrl Space and Ctrl M, am I doing something wrong?
  • ServiusTheBearServiusTheBear Member Posts: 24
    I was thinking of doing this but am to freaked about all the faffing to do things.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2012

does anyone know the item ID for wyvern heads? I accidently sold my 2 heads to a temple and i can't finish Coran's quest now, i tried using MISC52 ID from the list in the OP post but it says it doesn't exist

You could just go to the Wyvern Cave and do some resting - usually they pop up quite often and its a good source for money/XP, as the heads are worth 1000G in Beregost as long as you also have bandit skalps (Jovial JUggler/Officer whatever) I think she vanishes otherwise if the bandit quest is finished or you can't give her the heads at all. Can't really remember though...
    Rafael said:

Just go to options > gameplay > feed-back > hit rolls

Waah ty :P forgot about checking the feedback option;

@Oxford_Guy Where do you have your baldur.ini? And what OS are you running?
    Also... its Ctrl+Space! Ctrl+M is a seperate console command, see commands in top post.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

I've add the line:

To my Baldur.ini file, but I can't get the console to open in the game, I've tried both Ctrl Space and Ctrl M, am I doing something wrong?

@Oxford_Guy Have a comma after the '1' ?
    Cuv said:

@Oxford_Guy Where do you have your baldur.ini? And what OS are you running?
    Also... its Ctrl+Space! Ctrl+M is a seperate console command, see commands in top post.

I'm running Windows 7 on a MacBook Air (via Bootcamp)
    Shin said:

I've add the line:

Yes, tried that
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

Shin said:

I've add the line:

Yes, tried that
    What text editor do you use to change the .ini file?
    @Oxford_Guy Can I assume the folder structure for Win 7 is the same when bootcamped to the Mac? I honestly don't know, I have normal Win 7. If you have your main install and a documents with your Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder/characters-save-mpsave-bpsave-portraits, etc... then your Baldur.ini should be in there. Is that location write-protected? Are your ini changes actually sticking?
    Shin said:

Shin said:

I've add the line:

Yes, tried that
    What text editor do you use to change the .ini file?
    Notepad, I could use Sublime Text instead, but Notepad shouldn't f*** things up too much (though it doesn't seem to display any line endings, my baldur.ini file is one long continuous string)

I've changed other settings okay in notepad, and they work (e.g. the "Big Screen Beta")
    Cuv said:

@Oxford_Guy Can I assume the folder structure for Win 7 is the same when bootcamped to the Mac?

Yes, it's the same as regular Win 7
    Cuv said:

I honestly don't know, I have normal Win 7. If you have your main install and a documents with your Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder/characters-save-mpsave-bpsave-portraits, etc... then your Baldur.ini should be in there. Is that location write-protected? Are your ini changes actually sticking?

They seem to be being written to file and being saved

@Oxford_Guy I am not sure why it doesnt work then. Might be your notepad is messing up something. Have you tried another text editor? I use ConTEXT (but I am a dinosaur and dont like to change)... its still available and free. http://www.contexteditor.org/

One other thing to try is to edit the ini outside of the directory and then drop it back in. It might not be getting all the correct changes. I dont know though.
    Cuv said:

@Oxford_Guy I am not sure why it doesnt work then. Might be your notepad is messing up something. Have you tried another text editor? I use ConTEXT (but I am a dinosaur and dont like to change)... its still available and free. http://www.contexteditor.org/

One other thing to try is to edit the ini outside of the directory and then drop it back in. It might not be getting all the correct changes. I dont know though.

I'll try editing with Sublime Text, that usually manages to not screw up text
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Heas said:

Hi. I was wondering how do I remove the experience cap if anyone could help. Please.

Wrong thread for this, of course, but you need only to edit xpcap.2da; this is most easily done using NearInfinity. I already altered mine a little to make sure that even multiclass characters can reach 9th level in all their classes (except fighter/mage/thief who can get to 8/9/10 and fighter/mage/cleric who can get to 8/9/9 but that should be good enough for this game). If you want to remove the cap altogether then set every numeric value to -1...but that can lead to overkill; I am uncertain if the higher-level spells were fixed so they might also cause problems here.

Cuv said:

I'll try editing with Sublime Text, that usually manages to not screw up text
    Got it working now, much easier to see what's going on with Sublime Text! Thanks for the tips.
    @Mathsorcerer Thanks, still experimenting with this also and will update the top post when I have all that is required and still won't break the game. BGEE does ship with some of the HLA's.. but even one missing one could be bad. And then there are the progression tables... just gaining more levels is not enough! Hehe.