Skip to content

General BGEE Customization Pre V2.0

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @OneAngryMushroom, did you use the Beamdog client or the downloader from the purchase page?

If you used the Beamdog downloader, then the default location is BeamDog\Games\00766. Otherwise it should be Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766. I would suggest trying to search for Baldur.exe rather than searching for a folder, if you haven't already :).
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    @Troodon80 Thanks for some reason the file was hidden.
  • Cler1cCler1c Member Posts: 32
    Guys please YELP!! :D

I've tried contacting guys over at SHS studios but everything they have offered hasn't worked. :'(

I need to add certain abilities per level to a character of mine (innate abilities). Do you guys know the exact command to do that please??

LevelGT isn't working. XPGT isn't working either...Sheesh. I would really love to simply plug in the script and play the game finally. ><

Here is the link to the shs forums btw.
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56004-adding-abilities-by-level-syntax-problem-bgee/
  • BhaalbusterBhaalbuster Member Posts: 6
    Hey All, sorry if this was already answered i scanned and couldn't find it. I run BGEE on Mac OS. I'm about 1/3 throught he game and i simply want to change my STR from 17 to 18/50 and my INT from 14 to 17. Any idea how to make a simple tweak to my stats mid-game?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Guys I need help again. ^^
    (Sheesh , I'll be soon proclaimed as the "Noob of the year" If I continue like this )

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but it's already gnawing at my nervs. :')

I have created a innate spell version of different spells such as dimension door, magic missile etc...
    I can add them through DLTCEP or EEditor, and they work completely, but there is no way I can add them through the scripts.

I am using the code put here in the 1st post.
    -----------
    IF
    HotKey(D)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    AddSpecialAbility("name_of_the_spell_in_my_override_directory")
    DisplayStringHead(Myself,10315) // Ability Bonuses
    END
    ------------

But it's simply not working. Is there a certain name description my spells need to have in the override directory? Do I need to put them somewhere else?

By all the gods of Abeir Toril if you can help -please do! :D

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Cler1c Coupla things to check: Make sure your spell file is no more than 8 characters, make sure it is flagged as an innate throughout. Make sure you compile the script as a .BS and its in the scripts folder.

If all else fails, zip the spell and put it here... will have a looksee:)
    Cuv said:

Make sure your spell file is no more than 8 characters, make sure it is flagged as an innate throughout. Make sure you compile the script as a .BS and its in the scripts folder.

If all else fails, zip the spell and put it here... will have a looksee:)

Cuv! :D

Thank you so much for the (offered) help! :)

One quick question in the mean time if you don't mind please. :)

DLTCEP can only compile the .bcs format as you are surely aware. Is it needed of me to rename it to bs then? I tried going with both bcs and renaming to bs, but I believe nothing has changed. There is no option to directly compile in the bs format is it? (or is it needed at all?)

@Cler1c You can go ahead and compile it to bcs.... then manually change the extension to .bs
    Another option is NI which you can select Tools -> Script Drop Zone -> Options -> check BS -> reselect the Drop Zone tab -> drag your BAF in there. It will make a BS to the directory where you had the BAF.
  • JaseaceJaseace Member Posts: 44
    I have been using the CLUAConsole since starting the game. However for whatever reason (hence the msg) I cannot get it to work anymore. I put all the things in the Baldurs.ini file and close, reopen to check its still there, Start the game again and its over-written what Ive done?
    Be very easy and gentle with your instructions as I dont understand all these scripts etc, just wanted a little help, which as I said up until a few days ago was working?
    Any idea's?
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Hi, everyone, I really need help to get CLUA Console working
    I have already changed the ini file located in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition to the following

CREATE TABLE options (
    section string,
    name string,
    value string
    );
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    'Window', 'Full Screen', '1',

But nothing happens when i press Ctrl+space, other hotkeys work fine though
    I am using XP sp3, where goes wrong?
    Please Help!/(ㄒoㄒ)/~~

Also I tryed shadowkeeper method, it does not work either....
    Cuv said:

@Cler1c You can go ahead and compile it to bcs.... then manually change the extension to .bs
    Another option is NI which you can select Tools -> Script Drop Zone -> Options -> check BS -> reselect the Drop Zone tab -> drag your BAF in there. It will make a BS to the directory where you had the BAF.

It's done! :D Thank you so much for your help :)

It happened that I had to put the names of the spells in CAPS. :D So it's solved! :) Thank you once again for the help! :)

P.s. is there a quick way btw. to add the ability to cast mage scrolls to a thief? Like a code I could put into the character to allow him to cast mage scrolls? :)

I know I'm bugging you forgive me please :)
    The only sure-fire way is to give yourself UAI (Use Any Item). You can do it by script... GiveSpecialAbility("spcl915")
    edited March 2013
    Cuv said:

The only sure-fire way is to give yourself UAI (Use Any Item). You can do it by script... GiveSpecialAbility("spcl915")

Sadly there is no spcl915 in BG:EE is there? I couldn't find one in my old BGTOB expansion either. Is it possible to simply copy paste it to BG:EE for it to work? And if yes does anyone of you have it perhaps ^^

Oh boy ^^

You can copy it from the original BG2... in theory it should still work
    edited March 2013
    Cuv said:

You can copy it from the original BG2... in theory it should still work

I have NO idea how or when but I've actually managed to export it. Big trouble to get through it, to cut the whole story short used BG:EE, DLTCEP, BG:Shadow...here it is - for anyone that wants it. :)

Just add it via script, go F12 and use it in game. :)

http://www.2shared.com/file/T46SLf8y/ANY.html
  • Geoff_1Geoff_1 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have any idea on how to enable the CLUAConsole on a MacBook Pro?
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @Geoff_1: add the following line:

line 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

to Baldur.ini (located in 'Documents: Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition').

Then during a game press 'cmd + space' (or 'alt + space', or 'ctrl + space', I have forgotten which...).
  • Geoff_1Geoff_1 Member Posts: 4
    Perfect, thanks!
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426

Hi, everyone, I really need help to get CLUA Console working
    I have already changed the ini file located in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition to the following

CREATE TABLE options (
    section string,
    name string,
    value string
    );
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    'Window', 'Full Screen', '1',

But nothing happens when i press Ctrl+space, other hotkeys work fine though
    I am using XP sp3, where goes wrong?
    Please Help!/(ㄒoㄒ)/~~

Also I tryed shadowkeeper method, it does not work either....

Please help..............

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @islandking, can you upload your INI file?
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Is there any way to sort the journal by date?
  • yzaneyzane Member Posts: 20
    thanks for this @Cuv
    @islandking i suggest starting a game before you edit the ini. if you didn't already. Even just until you're right outside the inn. Save, then check the ini.

Otherwise, can you show us the ini. file?
    Here's a good list of CRE files, they still work -- in my experience anyway
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/75251-baldurs-gate/faqs/7777
  • JRRNeiklotJRRNeiklot Member Posts: 7
    I can't seem to change the framerate. I have changed it to 60 in the baldur.ini file, but it still seems to crawl in game. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    I think Black Lily may have been killed in a bit of a fracas I had in the Thieve's Guild, is there any way to clua console her back in? Thanks.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Her creature file is "blackl.cre".
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147

Her creature file is "blackl.cre".

Many thanks, sorted now.
  • Boromir23786Boromir23786 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, I am sorry if it was already asked but I am not able to find anything. When I try to use the console it works like once every 1000 times or less. For example, if I try to get the XP CLUAConsole or creating an item, it will not work at all. I receive a message in the console, something like this:

Outdoor: TRUE
    Day/night: TRUE
    Extended Night: FALSE
    Weather: TRUE
    Area Type: NORMAL
    rain, snow, fog and lightning probability one after the other : %
    Entry point x= #, y=#, Scriptname=Exit3200

And will not create the item or giving the XP, # being numbers, Im just kind of annoyed by this, it always worked in the original one, now, it will not work. I apologize for my poor english, I hope its enough and thanks you in advance!